JopieK

BrickTracks: different curves, PF/9V compatible

We had a minor hiccup where the material we ordered came in the wrong color.  Was more of a dark grayish-blue than the Lego dark bluish-gray.  That's since been fixed and we are gearing up for production!

I've had a number of people ask, and I'm finally comfortable enough with where we are, so I've opened the site up for pre-orders: https://www.bricktracks.com/products.  Expected ship date is 8/22.  

Hi Coaster,

Great news.

I hope you sell a lot of them so you can continue with the 9V tracks :wink:

Wish you a lot of success!

Thanks Ludo!  Among the additional curve sizes, switches, 9V, and power-pickup wheelsets, I've certainly got my projects cut out for me!

Edited by coaster

hey @coaster! It's great to see the website up & running!

Just a quick thought-- Would it be possible to feature "coming soon" items on the products' page? I'm just thinking that would definitely get more people to bookmark your site if they know more items are on the horizon. ((it looks a tad barren with the two offerings at the moment of writing this))

hey @M_slug357, haha, yeah, that's a pretty good idea.  I've got designs ready, just need to get tooling going, so I'll definitely add the next few sizes on there.  Was thinking it looked a bit sparse too.

Hi @M_slug357

This is a great idea and shouldn't be neglected. People visiting the site will be more interested and come back.

Congrats Coaster!

I too would second the idea. I'd love to buy r56 curves from you, and I'd happily pre order to give you the funds in advance. Personal layout doesn't stretch to the curves you have .... yet!

@coaster

See you added the pictures for the upcoming curved tracks. :classic: Great!

As said before, i'll hope youre bussiness runs well, so we can expect the 9V curves and points too. Thats what i'm waiting for.

I and my coussin are willing to order a double crossover point as can be seen on page 4 in this tread.

also interested in a few left / right points and larger radii (9V).

On 3/2/2017 at 0:26 PM, Daedalus304 said:

Not sure why this is being quoted...I hate this new board - Stash2sixx

What I wanted to say was this is great news, saw it pop up on BOOKFACE the other day.  I'll place an order Friday as I get paid and need to get an order in ASAP.

Eagerly awaiting Kickstarter.

Which reminds me, I've got some ME PF rails I need to unload now, never even opened.

Does the surface look a little dull compared to real LEGO track pieces? Almost looks as if the mold needs to be polished. Design on the other hand seems to be spot on. Great job. Really stoked about these.

Yeah, we're going to polish it a bit more.  It's not bad, and probably acceptable to most, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

And hopefully 9V someday soon.

16 minutes ago, 3797 said:

Does the surface look a little dull compared to real LEGO track pieces? Almost looks as if the mold needs to be polished. Design on the other hand seems to be spot on. Great job. Really stoked about these.

I don't think the level of shine is a major issue... tbh, most of that shine will be covered with grime and dust after moderate use. Also, I'd say many customers will probably be ballasting the tracks, so the track elements will be partially covered up?

Maybe, it could just be the lighting used when these photos were taken?

I tried to keep the pictures as honest as possible.  There is a bit of a matte finish to the plates.  It's really not too bad, but I'll see if we can polish them a bit more.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:25 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

Which reminds me, I've got some ME PF rails I need to unload now, never even opened.

Haha, I just threw the rest of mine on eBay yesterday. Need to get rid of them.

I really would like to get my hands on the 9V Bricktracks.

Do you have any plans on releasing 'cross' tracks? (as used in a figure of eight layout for instance)

9 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Are those printed or stamped? they look awesome!

3d printed. If you have more money than sense, you can order them from Scott's Shapeways store like I did.

2 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

They look great either way!!

Any video of them in use @legoman666?

20170820_104026

Just this short video. 

1 hour ago, dylanfarrow said:

Looks epic!!! How are they?

I wound up sorting the order last night for my LUG but they look awesome.  Hope to have them all ballasted this long weekend.