In one of the numerous ministry buildings in Belson, heavy issue were on the agenda. Representatives of the Royal Navy, her Majesty's Armed Forces, the Foreign Ministry, and the Crown convened to discuss current events and the proper Corlander response.

29919568771_7fcd7d5e0e_c.jpg

The building was a rather grandiose palazzo in the modern style, with an imposing, elaborate façade, facing one of the larger streets of Belson. Few knew exactly what was going on inside this building, or what ministry it was related to, but at all times, two soldiers were stationed outside, guarding the entrance and only letting in those with an explicit invitation, suggesting that confidential matters might be involved. Right at this moment, such a guest was arriving, donning the official uniform of the Eslandian armed forces.

29919568471_ee7492fda1_c.jpg

Oddly enough, inside a representative of Oleon had also just arrived, and was being welcome by an assistant at the door. What matters might require the presence of both Eslandian and Olean representatives?

Upstairs, an answer was to be found. A rear-admiral was expressing concerns about developments in the naval balance of power. "…but with the newly despatched Man-of-war the Triton adding to the existing forces including the HRS Tigre, the Royal Navy can no longer be expected to counter a possible aggression from Oleon. Not without further commitment of forces." All around, the officials were nodding, and the rear-admiral continued: "And Eslandian fleets leave us in a similar predicament. Especially Maestro is in possession of considerable forces, amongst those the Margot. To that, we can add the multitude of privateers and minor powers, attacking our trade…"

Her Majesty's representative interjected: "But did not the pirate purge sweep up a great many pirates?" "Indeed, my lord, but despite continuous joint efforts, privateers seem to reappear as swiftly as we can catch them."

The general took the word. "I too have ill-tidings. Word has just reached us that Eslandola seems to have invaded Isla de Victoria..." An elderly gentleman in black from the Foreign Ministry cried out in shock: "Oh dear. Although they are nominally at war with Mardier, we were not expecting them to commit to actual fighting! I doubt Mardier will allow such an incursion. And what of the shift in the balance of power in New Terra? What colonies will be next?"

"Perhaps King Fernando-Augusto is so confident that his treasure fleets will fill his coffers for war?" the Royal representative suggested. "Bah! Their negligence in keeping its movements confidential means that any tub that floats will be out there hunting the prize of the century," said the admiral, shaking his head.

"So be it. Considering their positions in our current diplomatic negotiations, we cannot intervene to their advantage. And should they persist in their efforts to unlawfully claim land in New Terra, we must consider diplomatic action," declared the man in black, followed by nods all around.

"The Crown has come to the understanding that we may see improvements in our relations to Oleon? Are the negotiations proceeding as planned?" the Royal Representative asked. "Nothing is certain, but the tides might be changing..." was the ominous answer.

And so the discussion went on, only interrupted by short interviews with the Olean and Eslandian representatives, and one can only speculate as to the outcome. It was indeed a turbulent time...

30002653575_b88b6c13d8_c.jpg          29375065604_b082421925_c.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Felt like building a palace style building, and with the recent developments in New Terra, I was handed a perfect use for it, as I feel that these needed comment. Know that Corrington watches closely the balance of power in New Terra, and expects anyone to answer to their actions! :devil: And note that the things discussed by these officials are not necessarily the official stance of Corrington, but definitely represents our valid concerns...

C&C is, as always welcome. :pir-blush:

Edited by Bregir

*rubs hands in anticipation*  Are we frightening you already?  Mwahahahaha... wait for it!! :pir-devil: :pir-grin:
That aside, very nice build, the use of those arches on the bottom story give a great effect.  From the front that massive slab of grey at the bottom looks really bland and pointless, but from the side view the tunnel looks really neat! 

12 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

*rubs hands in anticipation*  Are we frightening you already?  Mwahahahaha... wait for it!! :pir-devil: :pir-grin:
That aside, very nice build, the use of those arches on the bottom story give a great effect.  From the front that massive slab of grey at the bottom looks really bland and pointless, but from the side view the tunnel looks really neat! 

Well, you may chose to interpret it as fear... But remember that pride comes before the fall :devil:

And thanks - I think the arches work well too. I see what you mean about the foundations, and right now, I can't really figure out why I wanted to include that sewage tunnel. But I suppose it was just an experiment! :pir-tongue:

12 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Awesome build Bregir! I absolutely love that style! :wub:

Thanks, Titus! Arches and pillars FTW!

Awesome build! Love it! I always like these impressive building facades. The splash of lime green is an interesting choice, but it really works, especially as a counter to the dark red roof. And the sewage tunnel gives you some nice options for future stories.

And glad to see that there is some political response out there to current BoBS events. This game is really getting interesting now.

Ha, ha, ha, good timing with this build, Bregir - except that you may be just a little too soon! :pir-devil: (:pir-laugh:)  The tiled street and recessed arches look great here, and combined with the other architectural details, give it a very palatial look!  Neat interior as well, and the sewer is a great addition... at least if you were planning on having the huge block of grey down there anyways! :grin:  

My only nitpicks would be that I don't really think the lime green and dark red look very good together on the same building :pir-grin: - and I rather wish you had tiled or otherwise finished off the top, as the studs just look out of place up there!  Quite a nice build overall, though - keep it up! :pir-wink:

Is that a visiting High Priestess of the Crahaish neh Triuri on the balcony? Those officials should not be discussing matters of state with her so close. While the Crahaish pay honor and respect to the Crown of Corrington, they are Eslandola citizens.

The build is wonderfully ornate, with just the right amount of detail and color.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Well, you may chose to interpret it as fear... But remember that pride comes before the fall :devil:

And thanks - I think the arches work well too. I see what you mean about the foundations, and right now, I can't really figure out why I wanted to include that sewage tunnel. But I suppose it was just an experiment! :pir-tongue:

Thanks, Titus! Arches and pillars FTW!

absolutely! You have a certain way of using them in your builds (GoH as well) that makes my jaw drop!

I think this is a great build. The lime green does catch attention but it seems to work well. I like the usage of the interior in conjunction with the exterior (ex. Lime green hallway).

Nice build ! Good play on pillars and arches. I agree with TitusV, you have a such great way to use them !

Good story development. I hope Corrington will understand our move against Mardier.

A great looking facade and I actually like the lime green, a tricky colour to use but I think it works here. The story is great as well and things definitely seem to be picking up after a relatively quiet period! I hope with recent developments no Eslandolans will ever call me a war monger again! :pir-tongue:

An official answer of the High Council has been formulated.

Cool build, Bregir, loving that facade :thumbup: Also loving how you posted it just in time. One wonders what's up with that :grin:

Hey, sewers seem to be hip these days. Just be glad that Belson's aren't infested with Minions, as are those in Tereli, Terreli, Terrrrelii... ach, it's hopeless...

A resume of thoughts about the official declarations can be found in the Oleon topic.

Great facade Bregir! Regarding diplomatic stuff, you have our answer from our staff of diplomats ->(insert KB)

Thanks all - this was a fun build, but the story was more fun. While I can't agree (IC) with Eslandola's actions, I have to thank them for handing me the story for this build on a platter! :pir-grin:

I think BoBS has been too low on overall diplomatic reaction as a means to develop the story dynamicly, and I am really happy so many seem to agree! Hopefully it will be part of the future of BoBS. I am also happy to hear you like the build - it actually came out really well, I think.

On 29/09/2016 at 4:12 PM, Capt Wolf said:

The splash of lime green is an interesting choice, but it really works, especially as a counter to the dark red roof.

On 29/09/2016 at 4:13 PM, Garmadon said:

My only nitpicks would be that I don't really think the lime green and dark red look very good together on the same building

On 29/09/2016 at 9:19 PM, SilentWolf said:

The lime green does catch attention but it seems to work well.

On 30/09/2016 at 4:55 AM, Ayrlego said:

and I actually like the lime green,

How am I to work with this? :pir-tongue:

On 30/09/2016 at 4:55 AM, Ayrlego said:

A great looking facade and I actually like the lime green, a tricky colour to use but I think it works here. The story is great as well and things definitely seem to be picking up after a relatively quiet period! I hope with recent developments no Eslandolans will ever call me a war monger again! :pir-tongue:

Thanks, Ayrlego - I am happy you like the story - Corrington Supremacy cannot abide being challenged! :wink:

And no, I am pretty sure they lost the right to ever do that to anyone again! :pir-grin:

On 01/10/2016 at 4:47 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

An official answer of the High Council has been formulated.

Cool build, Bregir, loving that facade :thumbup: Also loving how you posted it just in time. One wonders what's up with that :grin:

Hey, sewers seem to be hip these days. Just be glad that Belson's aren't infested with Minions, as are those in Tereli, Terreli, Terrrrelii... ach, it's hopeless...

Great! This was what I was hoping to see! Glad you like it - and while it seems too well-coordiated to be a coincidence, I really didn't know anything about that Eslandian aggression! :pir-tongue:

We have very effective pest control :wink: I am sure those Eslanderiandolereiansders... are too busy counting and polishing their gold to keep Terrrrrrrrrrrelllllllllllllli clean and orderly... :pir-laugh:

On 29/09/2016 at 4:12 PM, Capt Wolf said:

And glad to see that there is some political response out there to current BoBS events. This game is really getting interesting now

Thanks! And of course - you cannot expect to be able to do whatever you please without reactions from the other powers of New Terra! :wink:

I am hoping we will see a lot more interactions between the nations, for a more dynamic and player driven story development.

On 29/09/2016 at 4:13 PM, Garmadon said:

a, ha, ha, good timing with this build, Bregir - except that you may be just a little too soon! :pir-devil: (:pir-laugh:)  The tiled street and recessed arches look great here, and combined with the other architectural details, give it a very palatial look!  Neat interior as well, and the sewer is a great addition... at least if you were planning on having the huge block of grey down there anyways! :grin:  

My only nitpicks would be that I don't really think the lime green and dark red look very good together on the same building :pir-grin: - and I rather wish you had tiled or otherwise finished off the top, as the studs just look out of place up there!  Quite a nice build overall, though - keep it up! :pir-wink:

Too soon? I am more concerned our reactions will be too late! :devil: Glad you like it, and now you say it, I agree about the top... DOH!

On 29/09/2016 at 4:46 PM, gedren_y said:

s that a visiting High Priestess of the Crahaish neh Triuri on the balcony? Those officials should not be discussing matters of state with her so close. While the Crahaish pay honor and respect to the Crown of Corrington, they are Eslandola citizens.

The build is wonderfully ornate, with just the right amount of detail and color.

I ensure you that all employees at the ministries of Corrington are subject to extreme vetting before being allowed into the closed circles of Corrington power!

Thank you for your feedback - I also think I hit a nice balance between realism and colourfullness.

On 29/09/2016 at 10:42 PM, Faladrin said:

Good story development. I hope Corrington will understand our move against Mardier

Thanks, Faladrin! Hopefully we will see more in the future! And while we may understand, that is not the same as agreeing... :wink:

I'm a bit late to the party, but a lovely facade Bregir.  Oddly enough, my favourite part is the door; the texture and handle is something I may emulate.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

...and I am really happy so many seem to agree!

And I suppose what you really mean is, you are really happy to start seeing so many starting to disagree! :laugh: :roflmao::iamded_lol:

1 minute ago, Garmadon said:

And I suppose what you really mean is, you are really happy to start seeing so many starting to disagree! :laugh: :roflmao::iamded_lol:

Point very much taken! ;)