29364934014_d9a38a187c_b.jpg

Jorge Ilabro Estèz, a well-tanned man in his fourties, and his wife Fratella had run their farm on Nellisa for well over ten years. Due to their regular trading relationships Fontonajo knew the two well as both eager and fearless loyal Eslandolans. Even more so, Jorge had always proven to be innovative and well-though-out.
They seemed like exactly what was needed on Isla de Victoria, and thus Román Fontonajo had decided to invite them to the ship he had sent to the new island. Jorge had taken Fontonajo's generous offer and agreed upon setting up a farm.

But Jorge knew that more than some crops were needed to survive against Mardier. He had found a great spot at the northwestern end of Campo Nuevo, Fuerte Unido or whatever people might call the settlement (he had thought of calling it Campo Fontonajo just for the fun of it, but decided against it and chose to go for one of the now popular anti-royal-jokes: Camp of the sleeping August, which seemed even more funny because most of them had gotten their orders in August. Most other villagers had laughed). 
At the spot he had chosen the terrain began to become slightly rocky. There was some kind of circular structure in the rocks that lay a bit deeper than the rest. With the help of some stonemasons he extended it to a real moat, and the stones were brought to the towncentre. The moat was then filled with salty water (quite an effort to get it there initially, but now a bucket or two per day were enough to keep it filled) and some fish the Tentocaxclans had caught alive. And voila, they had a fishing pond. For bad times, or when they just couldn't sail the seas for some reason.

He decided to add a small palisade that served two purposes: It was both defensive structure and outer border of the flower beds. Flower beds, where they planted tomatoes, carrots, eggplants, pumpkins, lettuce and some herbs that didn't grow naturally on the island.
Speaking of tomatoes, they also grew from the middle floor of the small watchtower he had added to his farm. Below the watchtower in the shadow the pig Fernando VII (yes, another rather uncreative name, but it created laughter nonetheless) wallowed in the mud. The watchtower was usually manned by one of the soldiers (today it was a man who just called himself "el mejor Capitán").
The farm als had some goats, chickens, a barrel to store rainwater and of course a hut to sleep. It also had two small cannons. Of course it had. Just in case...

Due to the community-nature of Campo Unido other villagers often came by to bring some goods (e.g. grain for the chickens, or some seeds they had found, or just some food remainders to feed pig Fernando VII) or just transport the harvest of the day to the village, where people usually came together to have diner. Today they planned to have a great pumkin-carrot-soup with some fresh caught fish. Spiced with herbs, of course. Jorge and Fratella did their job to contribute to the meal. As always.

29958401026_c5edde3989_c.jpg

29364932894_c65d0cfb9f_c.jpg

29958400196_387541e264_c.jpg

29364931094_350a9d931d_c.jpg

29909275921_68cb4dbe2a_c.jpg

29958397396_495c8a0ec2_c.jpg

29958402196_05a3d5c872_c.jpg

Love it, great ideas with all the different crops, the palisade bricks used to create the beds for the crops look perfect, very jealous of your two goats but the ramshackle construction is my favourite bit - it is really good all the way through though.

Excellent fortified farm !

I like the moat you made around all the build ! Great idea !

And your palm trees are very nice too. I will try to have one or two of those trees in my MOCs when building for the Operation KMA.

Great job !

Fantastic concept with the walled farm, Elostirion, and I really love all the variety of plants you've got in there!  The loosely attached plates for the little building works really well too, and nice touch with the black soil!

Lovely colour-scheme, and I like the effect of the not-pushed-together-well plates

I love this build! Great use of the not-entirely-pushed-down-pieces technique; perfect for this scene. And the planted carrots are my favorite little detail, but there are so many. You've packed a lot into a small scene. :thumbup:

I think I have a new favorite BoBs build! You can almost smell the fresh wood. The experience of the farmers certainly proved to yield results quickly. This is proper guerilla warfare! Settle down before anyone realizes what is going down. Before soon we will have the people fighting for us

Edit: Oops, someone took over my mind for a moment there...

Edited by Sir Stig

The farm has so many colors working together. Well done all around. The garden plots are all great. I like the inclusion of various animals of course. The hut technique is great as well!

Did I praise this already?  It is absolutely fab. One of my favourite builds around BoBs, just like Sir Stig is stipulating.

Colours come out well, design is great - photos are excellent!

You have applied a lot of ideas with that well fortified farm. :thumbup:

Thank you so much everyone for the great comments! I am really impressed how much you like it. So just thank you! :-) 

:wub: Just have to love this build, the idea is ingenious, and the execution superb as well!  The palisade/flower bed walls, outpost tower, shack, and moat are excellent, and the crops and animals are fantastic as well!  ...And the cannons just really fit somehow! :laugh:  Great work here! :thumbup: