Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

[Noct Ch1] Nar Bilu and the Giants of Rock

The Civil war and the events which occurred on Hemresa left a lot of folk in despair. The elves took over the Avalonian island with the help of the dark and vicious drow. Every man, creature and other inhabitant of Hemresa was enslaved by those ruling the island. Nar Bilu was banished to the island of Norra and disappeared when he faced the wars in Kaliphlin.

Recently he was released of his curse by his future great grandson and together they travelled back to Hemresa to reclaim their heritage. The tremendous amount of loyal followers gave them the opportunity to fight off the elves and gain control of the greater part of Hemresa. This event reached the outer parts of the island, freeing the slaves and giving Nar Bilu the opportunity to make new alliances with the races of the island.

Now it is time to pay some respect to those who fouled the pride of Avalonia. Nar Bilu decided to take a hand full of archers and footmen to Nocturnus. The drow will have to face their trial. Out of the northern, rocky part of Hemresa came an unexpected alliance. Those of the Giants of Rock. A strong ally who will surely make the difference. The master builders of Avalonia designed an armour for the Giant and together with the army they faced the Kelra Labyrinth.

With the towering creature looking over the walls, every challenge was dealt with and almost in a straight line they found their way into Nocturnus. Ready for a fight!

29705283280_24131c2372_c.jpg

Wow, great build. At first I almost thought it was a castle but when I looked closer I was suprised. The armour is  great and I love its face.

That is a great stone giant there! The idea of a stone giant wearing a castle as armor is fantastic indeed (and very well-executed, too). My only critique is that the landscape seems a bit underwhelming compared to the giant himself, and I could wish for some more texture, or elevation, or something to bring that up to the level of detail and excellence that the giant displays. Overall, though, a good build!

1 minute ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

My only critique is that the landscape seems a bit underwhelming compared to the giant himself, and I could wish for some more texture, or elevation, or something to bring that up to the level of detail and excellence that the giant displays.

True, I finished the giant last week and found a single hour of spare time yesterday to finish the build. I, myself, ain't satisfied with the scenery also. Still wanted to post something before the end of the deadline.

Very unique idea for the challenge, and you executed it fabulously :thumbup: The armor is superb, I especially like those round towers on his arms :wub:

Wonderfully ingenious, and well executed build :thumbup: Using bley for the giant himself, and dark bley for the added castle armor was a smart choice.

It's head looks perfect, and I like how you can glimpse his arms through the inner sides of the towers :classic:

Tough that bare part of plate in front of the monster could use some relief, the monster itself is defenitely awesome!