Capt Wolf

[ESL Operation KMA] Eslandola disputes Mardier’s claim; Trade Companies unite!

Capitan Alonzo had been summoned to the Governor’s mansion. After his assignment on Ferro Azure, Alonzo was now in Weelond inspecting MCTC troops. When word came that Governor Guilder wanted to see him urgently, Alonzo reported immediately.

“Capitan Alonzo, please come in. I have a most urgent assignment for you.”

“What is it, sir?”

“I believe you know Thaddeus Calvo, here, yes? He’s a rather well-known adventurer in certain social circles, especially after almost finding the fountain of youth. But I digress. Calvo has been working his Mardier contacts of late, gathering any intelligence he can in our war efforts. To this point all we’ve had are some unimpressive small encounters at sea--but even those have been few and far between of late--and there was the aborted land campaign in the Grand Duchy of Prio. But Calvo has found out that Mardier is claiming rights to the largest island in our new archipelago in the South Prio Sea! This is, of course, outrageous. Mardier cannot be permitted to establish a presence in the archipelago! Eslandola already has plans for a major trading post on the eastern island, and the trade companies are interested in the resources we believe are present on the western island. But the largest, central island, the Skaford Heights, could control the entire archipelago and the South Prio Sea if Mardier were to use it as a base of operations.”

“I am at your service, Governor Guilder. Has Mardier started to fortify the island yet?”

“No, Capitan Alonzo, Calvo assures me they have not. In fact, we don’t think they have any physical presence yet on the island, but we’re not taking any chances. The trade companies have united on this issue! Your work fortifying Salida Este was excellent, and we are confident of your ability in this new assignment.”

“Thank you, Governor!”

“Per the plan outlined in Operation KMA, you are to leave today with a company of troops to sail for the Nova Eslandola archipelago in the South Prio Sea. Captain Merker is preparing one of our fastest ships as we speak. Once there, you are to establish a fortified position on the natural bay on the south side of the main island, and await reinforcements. The other trade companies are sending men and resources as well, but if Mardier forces arrive before our other men, you are authorized to act as you see fit, including attacking any Mardier presence.”

Alonzo rubbed his hands together in anticipation. He looked forward to seeing real action again.

“Along with the reinforcements, Jerome Monezterell will also be arriving on the island soon to serve as mayor of the new settlement. When he arrives, you will report to him, but you will retain military command of the fort and our MCTC troops.”

“Yes, sir,” said Alonzo.

KMA orders.jpg

“Any questions, Capitan?”

“Just one, sir. What does KMA stand for in the operation name?”

“It really doesn’t mean anything officially,” said Gov. Guilder. “But I like to think it stands for “Kick Mardier’s … er … Assets!

And with that, Operation KMA had commenced. More to come…

Edited by Capt Wolf

Nice little interior scene Capt Wolf - the use of the small rocket piece as a stand for the globe is genus! The colouring works really well, what colour are the floor tiles? Medium dark flesh? I can't quite work it out!

Nice intro for the Operation KMA !

Nice interior design. I like the curtains made of slopes. It's very effective.

Good job and see you soon Capitan Alonzo, on Isla de Victoria !

Excellent little build, Capt. Wolf, and it's great to see the operation kicking off! :pir-wink:  The yellow and green are a great play on Eslandola's colors, and the furniture and story are very nice as well!  One of my favorite details is definitely the chrome sword above the bookshelf though! :grin:

Very nice build, gotta love the action coming!

Edited by TitusV
typo

Great intro build Capt Wolf, I really like the green curtains and the furniture is neat as well! :thumbup:

There are a lot of great features in this room. My favorites are the curtains and the statue/bust in the corner. The 1x1 round pieces for the curtain tie backs is a great idea. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:15 PM, Ayrlego said:

Nice little interior scene Capt Wolf - the use of the small rocket piece as a stand for the globe is genus! The colouring works really well, what colour are the floor tiles? Medium dark flesh? I can't quite work it out!

Thanks. And, yes, the floor tiles are medium dark flesh. My photo editing has lightened the color a bit, but I think it looks good in person, too. :classic:

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:01 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice intro for the Operation KMA !

Nice interior design. I like the curtains made of slopes. It's very effective.

Good job and see you soon Capitan Alonzo, on Isla de Victoria !

Thanks. I've been wanting to use that slope technique for curtains for awhile.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:47 AM, Garmadon said:

Excellent little build, Capt. Wolf, and it's great to see the operation kicking off! :pir-wink:  The yellow and green are a great play on Eslandola's colors, and the furniture and story are very nice as well!  One of my favorite details is definitely the chrome sword above the bookshelf though! :grin:

I used yellow because that was the color I used for the governor's mansion build; the green curtains just made sense then. And I'm glad you spotted and liked the chrome sword!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:28 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great intro build Capt Wolf, I really like the green curtains and the furniture is neat as well! :thumbup:

Thanks! As for the furniture, I've stolen bits and pieces from various places. I think the bookcase design comes mainly from one of the POTC sets, and the round table design, particularly the brown frogs for legs, comes from the Kingdoms Joust set. The desk and the small table holding the bust are my own designs.

18 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

There are a lot of great features in this room. My favorites are the curtains and the statue/bust in the corner. The 1x1 round pieces for the curtain tie backs is a great idea. 

Thanks. I like how the curtains turned out. I got the idea from the tents in the Kingdoms Joust set. And the bust design is from a recent Batman set; I knew I had to work that in when I saw a pic in a catalog.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I wanted to get Operation KMA started with a solid intro, and it was a good excuse to build an interior scene that I had wanted to do ever since I built the governor's mansion. And I got to work in some backstory for other characters through previous builds.

Great interior scene. You know you did a great job on an interior when everything is clearly recognisable - which is definitely the case here.

I might steal that lovely frogleg-design for the table.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:52 AM, Elostirion said:

Great interior scene. You know you did a great job on an interior when everything is clearly recognisable - which is definitely the case here.

I might steal that lovely frogleg-design for the table.

Thanks! And please, steal away. I stole most of it in the first place! :pir-grin: