Brykster

MOC: Hall of Medusa

The mythical battle of Perseus and Medusa, in her temple of exile.

Temple beachTemple roof

I tried to make it look as if the temple was worn down by earthquakes; there are rocks that have fallen on the roof as if from an avalanche, some tiles are on levels elevated above others, and the magma pit, which was inspired by Clash of the Titans (2010) 

Temple lavaTemple corneredTemple winding

I tried to make the statues as realistically frozen as i could, in battle or in cowardice. 

I was thrilled a while back when the Lord of the Rings sets came out with Greek-shaped swords, so that i would eventually be able to make something along these lines.

This is my first actual MOC post; if anyone has suggestions on where to get professional photoshop, i already know how to use it to fix up lighting

TempleTemple attack

Any thoughts and suggestions are very welcome

Edited by Brykster
pictures didnt show

On September 29, 2016 at 1:00 AM, Draxx said:

Very nice Greek architecture.

On September 29, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

The scene is cool, the frozen soldiers are great. :thumbup: You have captured the essence of Greek architecture quite well.

Thank you very much!

On September 29, 2016 at 9:05 AM, BrickHat said:

Great work on the statues. The entrance really looks good too! Shouldn't the pillars be a bit more evenly spaced out, though? I know that could make it harder for structural stability, though.

Thanks! I tried to make the columns into clusters, which can be as stable, less stable, or more stable as/than single columns, depending on how many clusters there are to hold it up, especially when one of them collapses, because, while they can be structurally stable and can hold more weight, if that weight goes unheld, it can be more dangerous for the building; I hope that answers your question. But I do remember some city-states using clustered columns instead of individuals, though I can't recall which one(s)