Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on the 42030. I did have a drive issue, but sorted now (differentials the wrong way), but next thing to conquer is the steering issue. When it's at 'rest' it's sitting in a left turn, so turning right will only make it straighten up so there's no right turn to it. I have no idea what happened as it obviously started straight, but developed the turn part way through building and I thought once it was finished, with the controls it would straighten up, but no such luck. I've no idea what bit does what, as this is our first proper Technic build, so after some pointers if anyone has an idea, thanks. ?

The reason for your issue is that you didn't center the servo motor during assembly.

Thanks for the quick replies, at least I know where to look, although figuring out how to get in there will be fun ? The build was started by my 6 yo, maybe next time we'll start with something a little simpler!

Actually, quick check before I dive in. When you say centered, I'm assuming you mean the servo itself or do you mean the connection piece? 

On 9/28/2016 at 7:31 PM, Mollance said:

Actually, quick check before I dive in. When you say centered, I'm assuming you mean the servo itself or do you mean the connection piece? 

The servo itself.  attach it to the receiver and then the receiver to the battery.  Turn the battery on and you should hear the servo make noise and center itself.  then while building, take care not to twist the drive shaft from center on the servo as when you plug it all in again, the servo will re-center itself each time you turn the battery box on.