LegoStarWarsLDDShop

[LDD][MOC] Republic Standard & 501st Legion Clone AT-RT Walker (Minifigure-Scale)

Regardless if he or she is ore is not a Star Wars fan, probably everyone has heard of the AT walkers by now. Starting with the AT-AT and the AT-ST, these constructions of terror would create a legacy of vehicles that would come to appear in nearly every corner of the Star Wars story.

Eventually, with the debut of Revenge of the Sith, the Republic AT-RT walker was introduced into the Star Wars story. A small, yet maneuverable walker, the AT-RT proved to be a valuable Republic asset throughout the entirety of the Clone Wars.

LEGO has made 4 renditions of the walker (5 if you count 30006-1, even though I don't), and some have paid great attention to detail, while others moreso to accuracy in size and shape. Personally, I think that the small version of the walker included in 8098 is the best to date. I set out to improve on that design.

This version is based on the standard AT-RT, which first debuted in Revenge of the Sith and subsequently appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film, in addition to multiple episodes of the animated show. It features everything the walker from the TV series does...an open control seat, a place for the clone trooper's blaster, an adjustable frontal blaster, and adjustable legs. Furthermore, the best part is the model has an improved design and is built to match minifigure scale.

14750765581_DISPLAY.jpg

14750765592_DISPLAY.jpg

14750765593_DISPLAY.jpg

14750765594_DISPLAY.jpg

14750765605_DISPLAY.jpg

This version is based on the 501st Legion AT-RT which first appeared in Season 4 Episode 7 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It features everything the standard walker design does as well, but it reflects the paint swap for the 501st Legion Clone Troopers.

14750349501_DISPLAY.jpg

14750349512_DISPLAY.jpg

14750349513_DISPLAY.jpg

14750349514_DISPLAY.jpg

14750349525_DISPLAY.jpg

I am really impressed with how these designs turned out, and I hope you are too.

MOCpages (Standard)

MOCpages (501st Variant)

Comments welcome. God bless.

I'm really loving the 501 variant, some really great techniques make the cockpit spot on!

18 minutes ago, SimonJC said:

I'm really loving the 501 variant, some really great techniques make the cockpit spot on!

Thanks. :-). I've actually updated the design somewhat some this was posted. Once I'll render those, I'll post them. Nothing major to the cockpit area; just a few cosmetic changes.