Hail Lime!

Very cool Dakar, sad it does not have Tatra but that's fine.

Nice truck. Love the attention to the stickers fitting on their own lego bricks. The sbrick lets these technic models have fun outside.

At the end when the truck crashed and split into four large pieces and some bits, was the design intentionally split into sections or could that use a slight redesign for better bracing of the parts that fell off?

21 minutes ago, cloud said:

At the end when the truck crashed and split into four large pieces and some bits, was the design intentionally split into sections or could that use a slight redesign for better bracing of the parts that fell off?

I've assumed that crashes will be inevitable so I built it so that the body splits into panels but chassis stays together.

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

I've assumed that crashes will be inevitable so I built it so that the body splits into panels but chassis stays together.

nice!

It is amazing and very fast, the suspension works perfectly, maybe it might be a bit unstable in curves, but you can easily expect that from a truck, specially at that speed and that size but it is still a great model

2 hours ago, Sariel said:

I have also seen a few real vehicles that do this, despite they are not designed to do that; but it is a nice addition to the model, it adds even more realism and still looks amazing.

Part of the rollover problem is not just the high CG, but the lack of damping in the suspension.  Large magnitude oscillations make tipping much more likely.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone use the Technic dampers for suspension, but it would be an interesting project.

I have taken a close look at how real sway bars work, but I just get the impression that they have some backlash and in the end adding a sway bar to a Lego  suspension would work the same as simply making the suspension harder.

Sariel, I really love the front suspension well done that you "returned" to older versions, and not have replicate the current Lego Technic setups that are so often used. 

And it is very fast indeed 

Well done! :) 

Regards 

Looking incredible good. It is understandable that it hasn't unique TATRA chassis but it still performs really well. And of course it makes me feel proud to see Czech truck from of my favorite company TATRA made from LEGO.