SamBo

[MOC] USAF Daedalus

My build for SHIPtember, USAF Daedalus from the TV show: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis.

101 studs long plus the antenna.It contains LEDs that light up the bow, the engines, the fighter bays and the command centre. It weighs 8kg, but I'll do a swoosh pic (or maybe a video) soon.

29859925852_7406640bee_b.jpgUSAF Daedalus by Sam Wright, on Flickr

Full album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/legosambo/albums/72157673276890781

WIP thread here if anyone is interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/legosambo/albums/72157673008519285

It will be going on display at the EB Games Expo in Sydney this weekend.

Nice to see Stargate getting some love here. :wink: Great adaptation from the source material, though I will admit, it looks just a little shorter and wider than the version in the TV shows.

I don't know though, I haven't watched through them in a while, and that nitpick doesn't change how great this looks. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Nth_Brick, I think you're correct, it is a little too short. Maybe 2-4 studs. I didn't follow my plans properly when I built it. It's pretty close though.

I really need to do a swooshing video/photo of this thing!

1 hour ago, SamBo said:

Thanks guys.

Nth_Brick, I think you're correct, it is a little too short. Maybe 2-4 studs. I didn't follow my plans properly when I built it. It's pretty close though.

I really need to do a swooshing video/photo of this thing!

Eh, like I said, I haven't seen the show in a while, but in any case, the details are all on point.

Still, seeing this makes me want to try my hand at something like a Puddle Jumper. So many great things to build from the show.

On 10/10/2016 at 0:59 PM, Nth_Brick said:

Eh, like I said, I haven't seen the show in a while, but in any case, the details are all on point.

Still, seeing this makes me want to try my hand at something like a Puddle Jumper. So many great things to build from the show.

I made a puddle jumper for Sydney Comic Con last year (a few cast members from Stargate were attending). It was a rush job, so it didn't come out too well..

21587099370_32abb975bd_z.jpgOz Comic Con - Sydney by Sam Wright, on Flickr

Richard Dean Anderson was there, hence the MacGyver MOCs :D

16 hours ago, SamBo said:

I made a puddle jumper for Sydney Comic Con last year (a few cast members from Stargate were attending). It was a rush job, so it didn't come out too well..

21587099370_32abb975bd_z.jpgOz Comic Con - Sydney by Sam Wright, on Flickr

Richard Dean Anderson was there, hence the MacGyver MOCs :D

Hey, it's certainly better than what I could probably throw together given a fairly short deadline. On this topic, I know that there are a couple of LEGO Puddle Jumpers out there, built with varying degrees of success. The most difficult part seems to consistently be the engine pods, as I'm not sure I've ever seen a LEGO Jumper with the pods able to be extended and retracted. At least, not in a way that looks very good.

In any case, thanks for the link. If you don't mind, I might "borrow" a few elements from that design if I ever build my own. :P