Thanks for your support :)

Sadly, I've made a scale mistake on my front end. I read 106 cm long instead of 116cm... So, it's to short. I've re-ajust length with 6 more centimeters.

29880161520_df23a3f371_b.jpg

On the picture you can see on the middle the added frame in lbg.

It's a good new for me 'cause I can set more more mechanism inside, but I have to modify the front end design a little bit...

Wow that looks so good! instantly recognizable as a Bugatti

7 hours ago, jono.rocky said:

What size wheels will you be using? are they the Porsche tires and rims?

Yes it is :) With "RS" serigraphied tiles !

17 hours ago, Leviathan said:

Thanks for your support :)

Sadly, I've made a scale mistake on my front end. I read 106 cm long instead of 116cm... So, it's to short. I've re-ajust length with 6 more centimeters.

On the picture you can see on the middle the added frame in lbg.

It's a good new for me 'cause I can set more more mechanism inside, but I have to modify the front end design a little bit...

Are you sure? Do you mean the real model´s length of the front part is 6cm longer than assumed? If so, you have to divide it by 1:8 = approx. 1 stud difference :look: ?... At your previous version I counted 12 studs between the front edge and front diff, now we have 17 studs = 5 studs difference. I am bit confused now... But we are here to help each other :wink:.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Are you sure? Do you mean the real model´s length of the front part is 6cm longer than assumed? If so, you have to divide it by 1:8 = approx. 1 stud difference :look: ?... At your previous version I counted 12 studs between the front edge and front diff, now we have 17 studs = 5 studs difference. I am bit confused now... But we are here to help each other 

8nsyjc.jpg

You're right !

I confounded 160mm and 106mm... Shame on me ^^ Finally there is no mistake, the scale is correct on the paper and on the MOc ! I was lack of coffee last night I think... 

Thank you brunojj !

Hi guys,

I just want to show you some improvements added one the Moc and show my progress :)

The front is over. I finished the roof. I'm preparing BL orders to complete it. 

The mayor difficulty is to find empty place to put elements like motors,... I'm scarred of the position of the batteries box now. I really want to add a switch to power the car manually but I don't know if I will have enough free place...

What I've done :

•  Motorized direction + Switch (final version)
  • Transfert gearbox between functions gearbox and transmission
  • Openable doors
  • Design of the Hog 
  • Sports seats

Let's pictures talk :)

30569165472_d1e17a9845_b.jpg

30351300614_1964787d6b_b.jpg

30365388033_9c01f4cc20_b.jpg

30365388383_954062b5ce_b.jpg

Instructions for the gearbox took me a lot of time and it's not finished yet. And if I spend my time to make the instructions, I can't moc. And today, I prefer build my car :) I hope you will understand. 

See you next time !

1 hour ago, Leviathan said:

Instructions for the gearbox took me a lot of time and it's not finished yet. And if I spend my time to make the instructions, I can't moc. And today, I prefer build my car :) I hope you will understand. 

Totally understand. :classic: Good progress has been made, I can't wait to see the finished build. Very nice curves on the roof. :thumbup:

Did you stop building the Chiron? I am dying for a progress here.... I love your transmission so much:wub:

Btw, why don't you use 2x2 round plates instead of the half bushes for the fake pistons? It would be better for the scale.

Please let me know if there is any progress!!

On 6/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, move5 said:

Did you stop building the Chiron? I am dying for a progress here....

I second this.... especially in the context of the newly announced 42083.  It will be interesting to compare MOCs from AFOLs with the model released by TLG....

Chironj from the first looks! I wonder if there is any chance to complete building...

51 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The last picture (the one I posted) was from last November. I am sure he will finish it one day if he's already so close. 

Maybe the main problem is the lack of the rare blue parts...

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

The last picture (the one I posted) was from last November. I am sure he will finish it one day if he's already so close. 

Maybe he has moved to Billund with it and since then the project became top secret :laugh: ?... No wonder if the parts count will exceed above 3.000 pieces.. And probably we will see it finished in August this year latest? Of course I´m joking, but I haven´t lost hope we will see this MOC finished one day, regardless the release of the 42083 set.

Looks great. It's a little off in some areas though. The front seems a little low. Maybe it's just the angle.

2017-Bugatti-Chiron-4.jpg

Edited by Meatman

10 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

Almost finished. I'm making last shots and editing video :

Coming soon !

Wow... to take on this build with such limited parts - it’s amazing. Such a tough car to replicate (I know all to well) but you’ve managed to capture the looks very well. Interested which functions you’ve fit in there!