I everyone,

I start a WIP topic to show you frequently my progress on the Bugatti Chiron. 

Here we are. I wanted to create a new supercar (or megacar) before I finished my dual clutch gearbox. I love Bugatti brand and the new Chiron is so beautiful so I decided to create and design this car in Lego. I don't have finished instructions of the gearbox because it's very long :(

All the features attended :

• A 7 speeds + reverse sequential dual clutch gearbox ( You can't see it on the picture because I'm working on the instruction) It's placed under the w16 engine
  • Variable hight suspension on the front and on the rear
  • Working pfs direction
  • 4x4 transmission
  • Working spoiler
  • A manual gearbox to select between two rc functions (move the spoiler or move the suspensions)
  • A global clutch to disconnect the car from the 4 L motors pfs. Typically ti will be possible two switch between a manual and a RC mode
  • A hog for the manual mode
  • Manual doors and roof

I will add the real specifications soon.

So, what I've already done now:

• The new dual clutch gearbox
  • Rear axle
  • Front axle
  • Under chassis
  • A mini functions gearbox 2 speeds
  • W16 realistic motor
  • The global clutch transmission 

29674703530_7d95f64450_b.jpg

I decided to begin the global design of the car because it the most difficult to create IMO just after the working transmission :) When I will be satisfied by the design, I will add the missing features and add others maybe. I think It's the best way to build a supercar. If the design is bad, even you have the best mechanic created, nobody care.

I choose blue obviously ;) I've already ordered a lot of blue pieces on BL.

29674710710_3f4ce54d3e_b.jpg

Stay tune and do not hesitate to comment ;)

Blue blue blue , got to love it :wink: i built a chiron too , true , they are beautyfull cars . can't wait to see this one finished .

45 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

So far, so good. Is the engine going to have moving pistons, or no?

Hell yeah ! 16 moving pistons precisely ! I created a W16 engine without meta pieces. The result is compact and realist

29343122013_95cd2b0d61_b.jpg

33 minutes ago, LvdH said:

:wub: I can't wait to see the result! Blue tends to be very expensive and hard to find though...

Thank you and yes, indeed... 

I also built a similar engine in a smaller scale a few months ago but I had to leave it, when I can tell why, probably will not be necessary. Good luck with it.

Great start, the front end looks fantastic! :thumbup: This car is beautiful, I wish you luck in getting the shaping. Just one critique: from the first pic, it appears that the engine, gearbox, motors, etc are WAY to high to fit the car's low profile. Otherwise it seems good.

By the way, who (or what) was murdered on your worktable? :wink::laugh:

Very nice engine. The only thing that I would suggest is to make the pistons with yellow half bushes to make them more apparent, as right now they sort of blend in.

11 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I also built a similar engine in a smaller scale a few months ago but I had to leave it, when I can tell why, probably will not be necessary. Good luck with it.

I found a compromise into the geometry to reduce friction because there is lot of pieces in movement. But the cinematic is very cool. 

@Saberwing40k I will add yellow bushes. It could but more apparent.

9 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Just one critique: from the first pic, it appears that the engine, gearbox, motors, etc are WAY to high to fit the car's low profile. Otherwise it seems good.

The gearbox is not too high but when you add the W16 on it, I'm 2cm to high... I didn't find a issue for that. Maybe re-design the fake motor, I don't know...

9 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

By the way, who (or what) was murdered on your worktable? :wink::laugh:

Ahahaha !!! I love working on my Mad catz mousepad ! However I don't play video games... I guess it's a cat was murdered on the pad, but I'm not sure ^^

My, what big bones you have Grandma.

It will certainly be big and exciting when it's finished! I look forward to seeing more progress.

Thanks for sharing your fun at this WIP!

Sorry, but I didn´t get why you preferred to install 4 L motors instead of 2 RC motors which you had put in at your first gearbox version if I remember it correctly? It seems to me that the motors in the rear will make it difficult to fit the airbrake mechanism in. And the W16 (which I like very much!) is located very high for my taste, hopefully it will match the required limits? Are you using blueprints or a model scaler like Sariel´s one?

I really enjoy your front bodywork attempt. Of course it´s hard to do, especially in blue. It will be interesting for me to see then the comparison with Sheepo´s legendary Veyron which was built a long time ago in the same scale. That´s a nice sporty challenge you´ve taken on, I appreciate that!

EDIT: you admitted it already - the engine is too high, I´m sure you´ll find a solution for that :wink:

Edited by brunojj1

8 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Sorry, but I didn´t get why you preferred to install 4 L motors instead of 2 RC motors which you had put in at your first gearbox version if I remember it correctly?

Great memory ! Indeed I used 2 RC motors to powered my first version of my gearbox. But now if you want a display version of the gearbox to appreciate each speed and mechanism, you can put 2 RC motors.

I've found Sheepo Porsche 911 topic recently and he said that the last speeds on his PDK gearbox can not be use even powered by 2 RC motors. I don't know if I'm clear but I really wanted to have a working gearbox (with cool mechanism, etc...) able to move my supercar. That's why I've anticipate a display RC version :) Anyway, may I'll try to add some modifications to give me the chance to set RC motors into my Moc. You said it, two RC motors will help me a lot to fit the spoiler/airbreak system...

I like manual supercars too, like Pissayoyo one : http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/topic10504.html  So I decided to create a global clutch to disconnect pfs motors from the transmission. 

Are you using blueprints or a model scaler like Sariel´s one?

Yes I use model scaler like Sariel's one. I use calculator to transform real dimensions into Lego one. After that, I notice all calculate dimensions on each view on my computer. Do you proceed differently ?

That´s a nice sporty challenge you´ve taken on, I appreciate that!

Heeeeel yeah !

That why I began the bodywork now. I don't set all functions I want today, But have a nice design is very important for me. I bought some dark blue pieces to see. 

I really appreciate your work, you and Madoca are my mayor sources of inspiration for design ;) 

On 27 September 2016 at 11:12 PM, jono.rocky said:

Wow that front end :wub:

Ditto :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Leviathan said:

Great memory ! Indeed I used 2 RC motors to powered my first version of my gearbox. But now if you want a display version of the gearbox to appreciate each speed and mechanism, you can put 2 RC motors.

I've found Sheepo Porsche 911 topic recently and he said that the last speeds on his PDK gearbox can not be use even powered by 2 RC motors. I don't know if I'm clear but I really wanted to have a working gearbox (with cool mechanism, etc...) able to move my supercar. That's why I've anticipate a display RC version :) Anyway, may I'll try to add some modifications to give me the chance to set RC motors into my Moc. You said it, two RC motors will help me a lot to fit the spoiler/airbreak system...

I like manual supercars too, like Pissayoyo one : http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/topic10504.html  So I decided to create a global clutch to disconnect pfs motors from the transmission. 

Yes I use model scaler like Sariel's one. I use calculator to transform real dimensions into Lego one. After that, I notice all calculate dimensions on each view on my computer. Do you proceed differently ?

Heeeeel yeah !

That why I began the bodywork now. I don't set all functions I want today, But have a nice design is very important for me. I bought some dark blue pieces to see. 

I really appreciate your work, you and Madoca are my mayor sources of inspiration for design ;) 

Ah ok, so you´d have to gear down the entire gearbox again for RC motors to make all gears work, which is undesirable. Maybe better just move the L motors to a better location.. I like your idea to alternate manual and RC mode by a shifter :thumbup:

My proceedings with scaling are quite similar, I use Sariel´s model scaler and then draw it by hand with help of grids or print a kind of 1:1 wallpaper, put it on my desk and cover with thick transparent pvc foil, matching for physical comparison. 

Those other builders you´ve mentioned are far more skilled, build more and faster than me, but thanks anyway! I think Pipasseyes Veyron is a very, very good and great functional model - I don´t know why I can´t say it´s superb as most of his other creations, probably it could have turned out even better in other color / wheels IMHO...

On 02/10/2016 at 0:29 AM, brunojj1 said:

put it on my desk and cover with thick transparent pvc foil

He, nice tips !

Some improvement on the Bugatti Chiron :

30111750275_34073af7c7_b.jpg

30028122331_9021a7f5ea_b.jpg

What I've done :

• Motororized direction. I set a small motor on left front end. 
  • I added a direction a compact clutch system to switch between hog and pfs motor (quite difficult)

I don't if I will set led in the future.

I'm working on the flex style/position around front wheels.

I hope you'll like like ! Stay tuned !

Looks very cool. I sugest you to use black flex-axels instead of blue in the front , they are cheaper and the blue ones you can use for the the rest of the bodywork .

Oh my,  this is one very enticing build!!  I can't wait to see the finished product and excellent job on the current progress!