Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

Now this is getting beyond a joke !

Still no upload !

It's still disabled !

Have they been hacked into or something ?

Those who advertise on there will pull the plug on them if the problem is not corrected soon.

Yeah, I know it's a free site, but I won't go there if I can't upload my images.

Trying to use other image hosts, gee for someone who is now taking the crash-course in this I'm loss more hair over it !

I can only hope whatever the problem is they can solve it.

Related problem - does anybody know what has happen to 'Brickfactory' they are down ?

When is this horror over?

By the looks of it, this is another one of those "Brickshelf on the brink" moments. I'd recommend switching to another photo hosting site, at least for the time being. And stay away from MOCpages - their photo downsizing can ruin your pics...

Related problem - does anybody know what has happen to 'Brickfactory' they are down ?

That used to be my only source for Lego instructions, but now I use Peeron. It's a bit less powerful than brickfactory, but it still gives you instruction scans from ???-2001.

I need BS for the Christmas raffle

That sounds sooooooooo wrong :grin::laugh:

(on a sidenote, you could always try flickr or photobucket or pict - at the end of the day, there's some BS almost everywhere :D)

Edited by TheOtters

what to do..... ive been trying for 24 housr to upload my PTVII mocs, and it still says the same....and time is short...anybody :pir_bawling:

Always look around before posting an new topic on a fairly widespread issue. ;]

-VBBN

Exactly.

Brickshelf issues are hardly news, nor are they a Pirate specific issue. I have merged your topic.

I've given up on Brickshelf.

I have a few reviews I'd like to post, but I can't wait any longer.

Plus, the more you use flickr, the more intuitive it becomes, and at this point it would be hard to go back.

This will probably mean a change in review format though, as I don't relish posting all my comments on flickr and then re-doing them in a thread on EB :sceptic:

I've given up on Brickshelf.

I have a few reviews I'd like to post, but I can't wait any longer.

Plus, the more you use flickr, the more intuitive it becomes, and at this point it would be hard to go back.

This will probably mean a change in review format though, as I don't relish posting all my comments on flickr and then re-doing them in a thread on EB :sceptic:

I'd just post a a link to the review on eurobricks. Or just make the images private, either way.

JUst remmeber back to when it was said Brickshelf might close down, but never did. It's just glitches in the system. I mean, such a large photohosting site takes a lot of work to maintain, especially when it has no form of paid accounts.

Of course, I encourage anyone to join Flickr. :thumbup:

Well, could you ever replace those links from Flickr and upload it to Brickshelf? How much difference will it made? :cry_sad:

I think Brickshelf could be doing an overhaul on their database either doing backup or conducting some checks/runs inside their server which cause days and days for it to complete. I can understand the annoyance of not able to upload anything inside your folder. But, isn't it much better than suddenly seeing all of your images that you have deeplinked wiped out? It happened before, and I think that is the worst experience ever. Imagine all of the broken links that you will be reading right now. :sadnew:

I gave up on Brickshelf after the first major scare; it's cheaper to just buy hosting. I pay $250 for 3 years of unlimited webhosting that I control. Cheap!

I've been using FlickR lately. I like it, except linking images take more time - the hyperlinks are all different (not by your image name).

I sent Brickshelf admin a message last week but they didn't even bother responding which was real nice. As I use Flickr more, I may just give up on Brickshelf.

My reviews are kind of long, with a lot of text. It's a lot of copying and pasting to do both sites. However it is preferable to post reviews directly onto EB rather than just flickr for the sake of the site.

I actually quite like the flickr format, as you can flick through the thumbnails and then hone in on stuff that interests you. Kind of a 'Would you like to know more??' situation :wink: I'm kind of a late adopter to that approach, but it makes sense.

The downside is that you do lose the overall structure of a review.

Brickshelf may well return, but the thing with the outages is that, like strokes, they seem to be coming more frequent and severe in their effects. It doesn't bode well for future reliability.

I pay $250 for 3 years of unlimited webhosting that I control. Cheap!

Cheap for the hosting or for the unfettered feelinsg of mastery and control over your domain? :laugh:

Cheap for the hosting or for the unfettered feelinsg of mastery and control over your domain? :laugh:

More the latter. I'm still grumpy over the last Dot Com bubble... :tongue:

The reason I don't want to use anything other than BS is because I already have too many accounts for other things, and it will probably just be a waste of time to make a new one.

Something's wrong with my account - all pictures appear as question mark boxes!

It seems that only my account is having this problem. All of my deeplinked pictures are messed up now. Is this happening to anyone else? :cry_sad:

Just look at my Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ILikePi

EDIT: Never mind - it has happened to some other people's pictures too!

Edited by ILikePi

Something's wrong with my account - all pictures appear as question mark boxes!

It seems that only my account is having this problem. All of my deeplinked pictures are messed up now. Is this happening to anyone else? :cry_sad:

Just look at my Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ILikePi

Yep, me too.

So I think this might even be it for Brickshelf, a real shame.

Including mine... :sadnew:

I'm about to give up on Brickshelf... this is ridiculous. If they don't come back online in a few days I'm abandoning my account.

Some pretty annoying stuff indeed. But how does this kind of stuff even happen anyway? :look:

Ahg.

I now need to find somewhere to put all my random pictures that won't be allowed on MOCpages and don't want to put with flickr. It's too bad if brickshelf is gone forever. Its relative simplicity was best for my review pictures.

Ahg.

I now need to find somewhere to put all my random pictures that won't be allowed on MOCpages and don't want to put with flickr. It's too bad if brickshelf is gone forever. Its relative simplicity was best for my review pictures.

The best thing to do is to make another Flickr account solely for review pictures. That's what I'm going to do if Brickshelf doesn't go back up in a couple of weeks.