Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

I use it more for LXF files than for pics, and those are for the "Official sets built in LDD" topic, so it's nice to hear I don't have to post those elsewhere now. I'm kind of grumbling that Superkalle wants us to go through our Brickshelf files and update them for LDD4 though... =(

I went on Brickshelf and then accessed a folder, only to find that it appears to be empty, even with the thumbnail image on the previous page! *huh*:oh3:

Similar Brickshelf issues. Topic merged.

WhiteFang

Confirmed, No it's alright now, back to normal. But you make me feel uneasy Cam, I really don't want to lose my pics... :sceptic:

Maybe I should join Flickr, but then don't you have a limit of 200 photo uploads? So once I'd hit that then I couldn't upload any more until I pay for Pro? Well stuff that! And come to think of it, im not a big fan of Moc Pages...EB should start it's own web image hosting site! :thumbup:

Anyways, either the problem has been fixed or maybe only a few accounts have this problem.

CF

You can also try Photobucket. There is no 200 photo limit but you are limited to 500MB storage (which is a lot of if you have it size your photos online to 640x480) and 10GB bandwidth per month. I blew 10GB/month bandwidth one time with my Shuttle Adventure review on EB. I use flickr, photobucket and brickshelf depending on the photo and its purpose.

EB should start it's own web image hosting site! :thumbup:

Maybe long term, but in the short term (1-2 years) we have no intention. At any rate we'd need to charge for it so you might as well just use one of the existing services.

I've been unable to upload new images today. I even downscaled the images to 800px long and tried to upload one at a time, but the wheel just keeps spinning.

Anyone else unable to upload .zip files to BS? It was working fine yesterday, but today when it finishes uploading, it takes me back to the sub-folder and shows it as empty. Not a huge problem for me, as individual pictures still upload fine, but .zip files are so much faster.

Anyone else unable to upload .zip files to BS? It was working fine yesterday, but today when it finishes uploading, it takes me back to the sub-folder and shows it as empty. Not a huge problem for me, as individual pictures still upload fine, but .zip files are so much faster.

That happens to me every once and a while, it can be very annoying. Just try waiting a day or two or upload them one by one. Out of interest what OS are you running on?

Eskallon

That happens to me every once and a while, it can be very annoying. Just try waiting a day or two or upload them one by one. Out of interest what OS are you running on?

Eskallon

I've tried OS X 10.6.4* and Windows 7 through a virtual machine, both with identical results.

*yes, I should really get around to updating that.

Is anyone else having trouble getting to brickshelf? I've tried going to it through Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome. Everytime I go to it, it just contiously loads. Anyone else having this problem?

Since there is already a topic about Brickshelf problems I've merged your topic with the existing one Mono41. And yes, it seems that Brickshelf is not working at the moment.

Since there is already a topic about Brickshelf problems I've merged your topic with the existing one Mono41. And yes, it seems that Brickshelf is not working at the moment.

Oh whoops! Guess I should've searched before creating a new topic. My bad, but thanks for merging it. I'll try and remember to search for topics before creating a new one.

This sucks. I didn't know that Brickshelf was so unstable.

Is there another image hosting site that people recommend?

I meself use Flickr and am quite satisfied with it.

Picasa is Googles Image site. Includes a pretty nice photo organizer desktop program. Allows private and public collections.

Flickr seems to be the most popular but I like photobucket.

I didn't know it was this unstable either. I began having problems when I was trying to view a couple images from the storage/sorting topic yesterday.

grrr. The timing of this is not satisfactory with me :laugh:

I just finished a section of my city and wanted to post it (after being gone for a few weeks). Can you post pictures from flickr the same way as from brickshelf?

EDIT: Nevermind. Brickshelf is back up, lol. Though I probably should eventually get a flickr account (and mocpages for that matter)

Edited by alienwar9

Good to see it back. It's interesting to read one of my reviews with no pictures. :classic: