Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

:cry_sad: ....sorry....

...in my defense, it was my first time...and it affected me being able to post some stuff...I panicked...wont happen again....

ok? :classic:

PS- please dont kill me vader!!!!

:grin:

:vader:

:look:

Typing in this manner is not funny at all. This is your last warning. If you want to convey proper statements, do so in a proper manner.

ok....I just scrolled back...and just realized just how badly that went.

1-I panicked about Brickshelf being down.

2-after determining it was down, I made a post about it...and then, near the end of that conversation, made kinda a joke/reference to Vader...(from the movie)

3-...so apparently this had been done before, and then my topic got merged with this one. i was slightly confused about its move at first, and then as i read thought the first few posts here...then the warning from whitefang,

4- to which I apologized, but then I went back, and re-posted right after it the PS part, about Vader coming after me(from the forum)(this was after I had read the first post in the new merger-ed thread...) ...that was meant to be kinda funny,

but it didnt go over so well...

5-...and then now, scrolling back through it all, and seeing it all layed out from a different perspective, I came to see just how bad that came off...

...especially cause it looks like from the beginning it was a joke against one of honorary citizens which must come off real bad...

(each reference was different, and were not even connected...and I ddnt even realize who the forum Vader was, till I read more)

6-realized just HOW bad of an idiot this made me look like...

So, no silliness/smileys all over, and after looking back and realizing all this, Im gonna drop the humor and seriously, I didnt mean to cause any trouble.

-Dan

After all these years I finally have access to a digital camera, so I tried to create an account on Brickshelf last week but never received the "confirmation" or "verification" email or whatever. I attempted to contact via the support email address given but no response either.

I know there's been other (ongoing) issues there in the past. Can someone recommend another site for uploading & searching photos of Lego?

I know there's been other (ongoing) issues there in the past. Can someone recommend another site for uploading & searching photos of Lego?

You can try using Flickr.

LegoGalactus

You can try using Flickr.

LegoGalactus

Cheers, Flickr I know of, was wondering if anything else was any good. (Or purpose-built)

Many Lego fans use MOCPages . It's easy to use and (unlike Brickshelf) one can easily type in long, extended descriptions of your MOC. Brickshelf only gives you three lines on each gallery page, and one has to pay close attention to punctuation. Give MOCPages a try! :thumbup:

After a week and three e-mails of trying to get some of my folders to go public I will try my plight here.

Could you please release my folders!

Here are the links

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=431437

as well as this folder and some of them underneath.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=441499

Please release them.

Thanks

grogall

Erm...I'm accessing Brickshelf and everytime I click on a folder/photo, It says [empty]? Forgive me if this has already been brought up as a known problem! :laugh:

Also when I search something for example "Wehrmacht" nothing comes up?

Bricksehefll.jpg

It looks like it must just be a temporary site issue since I seem to have the same problem.

Yep, all my posts on BS have disappeared, ah well a server problem again I suppose ? :cry_sad:

Back to MOCpages maybe ?

Keep on......living in hope BS comes back online correctly ! :sweet:

BS has problems, glitches and issues every other day now. I've migrated away from there and have given up hoping for Kevin to update the site or introduce a paid service of sorts. However, as a blogger, I've found the site increasingly hard to surf over the last month or so, since I have trouble viewing the MOCs posted there almost on a daily basis.

P.S.: Check out the frontpage: "Gallery contains 0 files in 328,396 folders"... Cool!

Funny, my pictures have NOT disappeared from EB - linked over from BS ? :wacko:

Even my latest, a hotel is where it's mean't to be.

Keep on .......questioning ! :sweet:

Apparently, deeplinks are still working. Oh well, we should be used to that by now... :wacko:

It seems to be the database issue they have every once in a while...

Erm...I'm accessing Brickshelf and everytime I click on a folder/photo, It says [empty]? Forgive me if this has already been brought up as a known problem! :laugh:

Also when I search something for example "Wehrmacht" nothing comes up?

Merged your topic over here. Give it abit of time for Brickshelf to sort its hiccups.

Thank you, fellow man of science, for joining these conversations that have proven to share the same subject. Regarding the matter at hand - I must unfortunately share my concerns that the so-called "hiccups" which the aforementioned photography-presenting service is experiencing are hardly temporary and are verily in need of direct scientific treatment.

Keep it Relative.

It has come to my attention that typing 'www.brickshelf.com' in the address bar of one's browser currently not only brings up the oldest LEGO image hosting site, but also allows one to browse images like one was able to do before the temporary disruption of service.

It has come to my attention that typing 'www.brickshelf.com' in the address bar of one's browser currently not only brings up the oldest LEGO image hosting site, but also allows one to browse images like one was able to do before the temporary disruption of service.

Groundbreaking discovery!!! Give this man a Nobel Prize!

I went on Brickshelf and then accessed a folder, only to find that it appears to be empty, even with the thumbnail image on the previous page! *huh*:oh3:

Uh oh, this sounds familiar, brickshelf almost blew up less than a year ago. I hope its just a fluke.

Confirmed, No it's alright now, back to normal. But you make me feel uneasy Cam, I really don't want to lose my pics... :sceptic:

Maybe I should join Flickr, but then don't you have a limit of 200 photo uploads? So once I'd hit that then I couldn't upload any more until I pay for Pro? Well stuff that! And come to think of it, im not a big fan of Moc Pages...EB should start it's own web image hosting site! :thumbup:

Anyways, either the problem has been fixed or maybe only a few accounts have this problem.

CF

Maybe I should join Flickr, but then don't you have a limit of 200 photo uploads? So once I'd hit that then I couldn't upload any more until I pay for Pro? Well stuff that! And come to think of it, im not a big fan of Moc Pages...EB should start it's own web image hosting site! :thumbup:

No, as soon as you hit 200, for every new picture you add, the oldest one(s) will become hidden. All deeplinks of the hidden pictures still remain (meaning they won't disappear from EB or any other site, ever, unless you delete them from your Flickr), and all hidden images will reappear on your account if you decide to get pro.

I think it's a great site, and I personally do not need 200 pictures at once, especially since the ones ready to disappear are ones from at least 10 months ago. And if need be you can always re-upload from your hard drive.

As for EB hosting it's own images, that takes a lot of space, and that costs money. It would probably end up costing you more than a Flickr account.