Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

I was wondering whether there's been an official statement by Kevin so far regarding Brickshelf's future... I know this was supposed to be a server change, but the lack of any kind of information during that was a bit unnerving. So does anyone know what BS's future is going to look like?

I think your forgetting that this was available to everyone on the planet for FREE, he doesn't owe you anything, be happy its up for now.

I think your forgetting that this was available to everyone on the planet for FREE, he doesn't owe you anything, be happy its up for now.

Judging from this post, I don't think TheOtters are fortgetting that :wink: , but are merely asking if anyone knows anything more. But I don't think anyone besides Kevin Loch knows anything more about the future of Brickshelf.

How you came to the notion that I act as if anyone owes me anything is totally beyond me. Same as the reason why you'd want to keep lecturing people about that kind of stuff. Unless you're Kevin's lawyer... no, wait, EVEN if you were Kevin's lawyer, I'd say that was uncalled for and hence sounds quite a bit out of place.

I was merely asking - as Rick has stated above.

Kevin IS providing a service for free, and a hell of a service it is too, and yes, I am mighty thankful - thankful enough to want to pay for that service if that was on option. But I don't think I should be explaning this to you or anyone else. Furthermore, I don't see how that should stop me from asking what's up with the service I'm making use of, and neither do I see any connection between requesting some info and being another moaning kid who's worried that they'd lose their favourite Halo screenshots, as you've kindly implied with that post (since we're obviously jumping to conclusions anyway).

@Rick - thanks mate, I was expecting that would be the case, but I was still curious whether anyone knew what Kevin's plans were...

Does anyone know what is going on with Brickshelf at the moment as the website is show zero files in 305,382 folders as I was going to look at some on the folders I saved in my bookmarks.

Does anyone know what is going on with Brickshelf at the moment as the website is show zero files in 305,382 folders as I was going to look at some on the folders I saved in my bookmarks.
That happens all the time, probably a monthly maintenance or something. No need to worry, the files will probably be back up in a day or two. :wink:

That happens all the time, probably a monthly maintenance or something. No need to worry, the files will probably be back up in a day or two. :wink:

Ok good, as I was paniccing a bit about my missing files. I've only just joined BS, so the hosting troubles (or whatever you'd call them) were unknown to me.

Thanks for the relief!

There's zero, even if you upload. But happily, if you upload you can still link to it, assuming you know the proper web address. (did it and and tested it, as part of my next review)

For me, something more frustrating has come up though. For the last week it hasn't been able to upload zip files, so I had to do them a pic at a time, which is an utter waste of time. Anyone else notice this?

Yes, Def, that happened to me when I uploaded the 2010 Italian catalogue (some 10 days ago); I had two open windows to make it faster but I had to upload 72 pics one at a time.

Yesterday I tried a small zip and it worked (back then, I didn't try a 72 pics zip, but some smaller ones, with no result).

'Oh, man !' - Ben - Ben 10 (CN)

Again no files, dam it I had to go back to using MOC pages again for my hardware store posting. I hope that the files are restored A.S.A.P., I guess more repairs being carried out on their system or set up.

I'm a conformist! !

Yeah, I noticed this when I was about to upload pics on my new MF-scale BMW MOC... :sceptic: Hopefully it´ll be back soon.

Just a small question here.

I've uploaded two pictures in an already existing file on February 14th and the file is not yet public. :sceptic: Isn't that a little strange?

I've uploaded two pictures in an already existing file on February 14th and the file is not yet public. :sceptic: Isn't that a little strange?

They probably got missed in the moderation process (no clue how this exactly works). You could try uploading again, which will probably put them in the queue for moderation again.

I guess they were lazy at that moment. :tongue:

Some pictures from me have also been 'moderated' for over a week, but that's already some time ago.

I guess they were lazy at that moment. :tongue:

Some pictures from me have also been 'moderated' for over a week, but that's already some time ago.

Too lazy I can say. :grin:

I too had some folders under moderation for some days in the past but 11 days seemed a bit too much.

They probably got missed in the moderation process (no clue how this exactly works). You could try uploading again, which will probably put them in the queue for moderation again.

:thumbup:

I think I'm gonna try that, to see if The Beast will wake up.

It's been over 48 hours now and my pictures still haven't been moderated, I've never waited quite that long. What's more, the "recent updates" seem to be uchanged since then, or at least for about 30 hours or so, that would mean no one else got their pictures moderated either. Anyone else noticed that? I've been thinking about reuploading, but if moderation seems to be suspended in general, that wouldn't make much difference IMO.

It's been over 48 hours now and my pictures still haven't been moderated, I've never waited quite that long. What's more, the "recent updates" seem to be uchanged since then, or at least for about 30 hours or so, that would mean no one else got their pictures moderated either. Anyone else noticed that? I've been thinking about reuploading, but if moderation seems to be suspended in general, that wouldn't make much difference IMO.

I had the same problem few days ago. The whole moderating process took 6 days for one picture, and they put it in a Avatar section, removing all the other tags...

Time off the forums:

Time is now: 8th June 2010 - 03:08 AM

a few minutes ago, I noticed my pics uploaded t brickshelf were not displaying here on EB. I tried to go there directly, but it just comes up errors...

are they down for maintenance?/does this happen regularly? or is there a problem???

I used this to verify its down:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

I was just coming to ask the same thing.

I was in the middle of working on something, then, poof, gone?!

I hasn't happened lately, but, it has happened several times in the past! IIRC, when it has happened in the past, it has lasted for a couple of hours and at times, a few days.

Hopefully it will be back in the morning.

Jamie

(In famous vader voice) "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

:sceptic:

not sure to be glad im not the only one, or upset cause im in the middle of stuff.....

Time off the forums:

Time is now: 8th June 2010 - 03:08 AM

a few minutes ago, I noticed my pics uploaded t brickshelf were not displaying here on EB. I tried to go there directly, but it just comes up errors...

are they down for maintenance?/does this happen regularly? or is there a problem???

I used this to verify its down:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Look around first before creating a new topic.

Topic merged.

:cry_sad: ....sorry....

...in my defense, it was my first time...and it affected me being able to post some stuff...I panicked...wont happen again....

ok? :classic:

PS- please dont kill me vader!!!!

:grin:

:vader:

:look: