Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

Apparently Bricksafe is more reliable, but I have never been able to signup for it. It just doesn't do anything. Others don't have this problem though.

I think it just doesn't like me. :wacko:

Would anyone experienced with both Bricksafe and Brickshelf recommend one of the two? I am looking to see which one to use.

As the creator of Bricksafe, I can recommend it :laugh:

Apparently Bricksafe is more reliable, but I have never been able to signup for it. It just doesn't do anything. Others don't have this problem though.

I think it just doesn't like me. :wacko:

Maybe your registration email was filtered as junk mail? If you want to try again, email me at support@bricksafe.com with your registered email address and I can investigate for you.

It would be nice if they can provide an update on what's going on with their server(s).

Brickshelf is still down, and I am unable to access to some of my older topics without able to view the images. Sigh...

Flickr is far more reliable than others. but it hard to find lego pictures because there's so many other pictures. So I think Brickshelf is best. Problem is the site design is too old fashioned and need to re-write program things.

Flickr is far more reliable than others. but it hard to find lego pictures because there's so many other pictures. So I think Brickshelf is best. Problem is the site design is too old fashioned and need to re-write program things.

Simillar sitation as bricklink and peeron...They used to be great but they didnt move with time!

Edited by Zblj

Flickr uses groups. There are many specific Lego groups, with only Lego pictures in them. When I visit Flickr, I hardly ever see a non Lego related picture.

I don't like to self promote, but it seems like I just have to at this point!

I created Bricksafe.com which offers free storage for LEGO files similar to Brickshelf. You can store any type of LEGO related files you like. I created it as a modern LEGO file sharing site and have future plans for some great API capabilities.

I have just upgraded the default quota from 2GB to 5GB and retroactively upgraded all existing accounts too!

It has some great features - eg you can choose to scale your images to any resolution just by modifying the URL parameters, perfect for embedding into Eurobricks posts.

There are no ads, I make no money from it, I hope to keep it free forever. I can afford to do this as I also created Rebrickable and the revenue from that site is enough to run Bricksafe too.

It has been in place for a year now and sure there were some outages. I like to think I fixed them fast and improved the reliability in doing so each time. I have now added a page http://bricksafe.com/outages which lists all outages that I will keep up to date to provide 100% transparency into what has happened.

I think Bricksafe is the best. Been using it since you made it (I think). Clean, simple, and free resizing. Sorry for the free host to it, but I like to look at other creations on brickshelf but it down.

I give brickshelf a day or two more time and if its not up I go register to bricksafe... Can you upload .lxf files on bricksafe?

I give brickshelf a day or two more time and if its not up I go register to bricksafe... Can you upload .lxf files on bricksafe?

Yes, you can upload ANY file. LXF files even have a thumbnail preview of the model :) You can have a poke around without registering: http://bricksafe.com/browse

Only reason I'm reluctant is cause I HAVE LOTS of stuff on Brickshelf and I really like everything in one place... If there was an option to copy entire BS folders that would be awesome!

Only reason I'm reluctant is cause I HAVE LOTS of stuff on Brickshelf and I really like everything in one place... If there was an option to copy entire BS folders that would be awesome!

There most certainly is! On the upload page, use the "Import files" button to specify your Brickshelf URL.. heh, I probably should have mentioned that earlier as it is quite useful :D

When you upload on Bricksafe it has an option to import your whole BS stuff. Haven't done that option yet because of redoing the links.

Edit: He said it as I was typing.

Edited by weavil

When you upload on Bricksafe it has an option to import your whole BS stuff. Haven't done that option yet because of redoing the links.

Edit: He said it as I was typing.

What BS are you talking about? ( runs...)

Just one thing, in the settings you cant choose any besides avatar?

Yeah, nothing else to configure at this stage but will probably add some more later. Feel free to email me at support@bricksafe.com with any questions, I don't want to spam this forum :)

Anybody out there who knows what's the matter with brickshelf? it's down third time since some weeks and now already for more than 3 days...

In the meanwhile it's quite unuseable... unfortunately brickstore is not an alternative for me, because it's impossible to register - no action takes place when pressing this button (at least not for me)...

Which alternatives could you recommend?