Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

It seems brickshelf is down again. I don't know for how long but I hope it will be back up soon. I've got some mocs to share and I am unable to go to the web site to upload them. To make sure the link in my favorites isnt corrupted, I wet to google and see if it worked there. So far I got the same results. Is anyone experiencing this too? It seems to me Brickshelf likes to play this joke on us just as much as Mocpages lol.

Darn! I wanted to post some pictures today for the Reviewer's Academy. Hope it get up and running soon, otherwise...well...

PS: I think there was another thread where we were supposed to post this brickshelf related stuff... :look:

Oh, man just when my first review for the academy is just about finished....only waiting on my second teachers thumbs up. :sadnew:

Must be down for an upgrade or something. :cry_sad:

Must be down for an upgrade or something. :cry_sad:

In that case it get's updated quite a lot then :laugh:,It is not working for me ether but it was just 2 days ago.

It's been down since about 4pm (eastern) time yesterday... I had pictures ready to upload for a review... guess that won't get posted this weekend!

It seems brickshelf is down again. I don't know for how long but I hope it will be back up soon. I've got some mocs to share and I am unable to go to the web site to upload them. To make sure the link in my favorites isnt corrupted, I wet to google and see if it worked there. So far I got the same results. Is anyone experiencing this too? It seems to me Brickshelf likes to play this joke on us just as much as Mocpages lol.

Yeah, me too. :sceptic:

Dakar

glad to know im not the only one experiencing this. Hope it gets back online soon, I'm still experiencing problems with the site. In the mean time, anyone know a good photo sharing place we can go to?

glad to know im not the only one experiencing this. Hope it gets back online soon, I'm still experiencing problems with the site. In the mean time, anyone know a good photo sharing place we can go to?

I'm slowly transitioning to flickr. It's so inconvenient to embed from flickr with all the extra code attached to the URL of the photo, though, which is why I usually use Brickshelf. (plus, flickr doesn't allow for transparency in PNGs or GIFs, I believe)

Does anyone think there's a need for a new lego specific image hosting site? Brickshelf does not seem to have done much for a long time and could probably do with some new features.

[...] and could probably do with some new features.

I hope so. The present limits regarding file names and the problems regarding multiple uploads are often very uncomfortable.

I'm slowly transitioning to flickr. It's so inconvenient to embed from flickr with all the extra code attached to the URL of the photo, though, which is why I usually use Brickshelf. (plus, flickr doesn't allow for transparency in PNGs or GIFs, I believe)

Seeing how long this thread has become, I'm getting happier and happier that I moved to flickr four years ago. I loved Brickshelf when I first learned about the on-line LEGO community, but it is just too unreliable.

How is the code on flickr inconvenient? Flickr generates the code for you. You click 'share','copy html/bbcode' with a tick at 'bbcode', and simply copy and paste the code to the forum.

(You can upload other file formats, but flickr turns them them into jpeg and jpeg doesn't allow transparency).

Cheers,

Ralph

The present limits regarding file names and the problems regarding multiple uploads are often very uncomfortable.

Apart from what 'Calabar' mentioned regarding the annoying way you HAVE to name folders, I like the simplicity of creating subfolders for organizing pictures. The site definitely needs to be gone through with a fine comb. There are many empty and/or pointless files. I also wish the staff would also respond to their emails... default_sceptic.gif

On another note I can't believe it's still down... I wonder whats going on or what happened.

On another note I can't believe it's still down... I wonder whats going on or what happened.

I can't understand why a service like brickshelf don't create a dummy page with the announcement.

A simple page reporting something like "Brickshelf is under restructuration.... The service should be available again in date..."

Does anyone think there's a need for a new lego specific image hosting site? Brickshelf does not seem to have done much for a long time and could probably do with some new features.

There are lots of ways the site could be improved upon and there are still things that few other sites are generally suitable for (hosting LXF and other CAD files, for example). The problem is whether that can be provided with appropriate moderation whilst scaling better than Brickshelf is currently handling. Ideally such improvements would be made to Brickshelf itself, rather than a new site, because reuploading everything and relinking things would be a right pain - although that might be a price worth paying for more reliable hosting.

I notice that, after a brief up period earlier, it's gone down again.

Just to let you know its back up! :thumbup:

Yeah, thats what I thought, too, but now it´s down again!