Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

I said it before and I'll say it again, brickshelf can't be free forever, move to something more sustainable like flickr.

I just saw you can see when a folder or file is created and when it was last modified. Is this new, or are my eyes just bad? :grin:

I just saw you can see when a folder or file is created and when it was last modified. Is this new, or are my eyes just bad? :grin:

I don't think that was there before. :look:

Hello!

And again, it seems there is a modertaing/updating break for reasons we don't know. I find it sad and also a bit frustrating, because we - the fans - give live to the site. Which is hard when the updates are queued for days. :wink:

I am sorry to bother you with this, but I had to say it somewhere. Because I'd like to share some instructions with you since saturday, and I simply can't. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

hm... some things never change, it seems... still, i prefer brickshelf to flickr. it's a dedicated gallery for Lego, it's fairly easy to use and i feel the normal photos on flickr are just too small to see much details on any displayed model

Deeplinking still works from BrickShelf even if your folder hasn't been moderator approved.

Flickr costs $25 per year if you go over 200 photos.

Photobucket has a monthly bandwidth limit (not good if you post a popular picture review on EuroBricks). :classic:

Hello!

And again, it seems there is a moderating/updating break for reasons we don't know.

Well, we can guess why can't we? The guy maintaining it is probably on holiday, he deserves a break from moderating... :grin:

I said it before and I'll say it again, brickshelf can't be free forever, move to something more sustainable like flickr.

This will save me from typing this again.

I met and talked to the founder of Brickshelf, Kevin Loch, at Brickworld Chicago earlier this year. He will keep it running and has a list of features that he´d like to add. I guess that there in a not to far away future will be some help/backing up from a company to improve it etc.

And I also think like you simonwillems, that he on a well earned holiday :sweet:!

I met and talked to the founder of Brickshelf, Kevin Loch, at Brickworld Chicago earlier this year. He will keep it running and has a list of features that he´d like to add. I guess that there in a not to far away future will be some help/backing up from a company to improve it etc.

Great to hear that there are still plans for Brickshelf. :sweet: I always liked the idea of having a LEGO-only image hosting site.

Can't find my gallery or login! any one have the same problem?

Can't find my gallery or login! any one have the same problem?

Hello,

no worries, that happens quite regularly recently. I always hope that this is for maintenance reasons. :classic:

So, relax, take some time for building, and have a look again later. Usually it then works again. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I thought my computer was going crazy.

Good to know its not just me. I've got new train pics, and i just learned how to deep link.

Please brickshelf, come back soon.

I'm trying to create a new sub-folder, but for some reason, I can't create one. I keep getting the error screen where it says only certain characters can be used; I'm using all of those characters correctly... :hmpf_bad: Is this just something up for me, or is it happening to others?

I'm trying to create a new sub-folder, but for some reason, I can't create one. I keep getting the error screen where it says only certain characters can be used; I'm using all of those characters correctly... :hmpf_bad: Is this just something up for me, or is it happening to others?

Are you using the space bar in the folder title? If you have multiple words you can only use this, - to space them. That and the A through Z and 0 through 9. You can only use the space bar in the folder description. It's really dumb and annoying but that might be that problem default_classic.gif

Topic merged.

Copy and paste your desired folder name so we can see the problem.

Oh, sorry about the new topic. Forgot the search button, whoops. Anyway, for my title I've tried "AssassinsCreed"; "Assassins Creed"; "Assassins_Creed"; and "Assassins-Creed", all without the quotes. No idea why it won't let me.

EDIT: I found the problem. There was a random apostrophe in the tags... I feel really stupid now. Thanks for the help though, everybody! My knowledge has expanded!

Edited by KingoftheZempk

Seams that BS is down at the moment.

Pictures are there but can't access the folders! :pir_bawling:

Seams that BS is down at the moment.

Pictures are there but can't access the folders! :pir_bawling:

Just noticed the same. Even the pictures on the frontpage (Recent folders) won't load.

Hi,

Just checking if anyone has the same problem as I am: I am unable to see any picture in Brickshelf. I can see the folder picture but when I click to go into the folder, the folder is always empty. I have tried a few users' gallery and all have same problem. Also I tried both Firefox and IE8.

Hi,

Just checking if anyone has the same problem as I am: I am unable to see any picture in Brickshelf. I can see the folder picture but when I click to go into the folder, the folder is always empty. I have tried a few users' gallery and all have same problem. Also I tried both Firefox and IE8.

It's not just you that is having this problem, it is a problem with the website.

I think this is not the first time Brickshelf has had this problem. A while back, the owner (whoever he/she is) had taken it down without warning or notification. There was quite a bit fuss over it. Eventually it came back, after a few days. We'll have to wait and see what happens this time.

I think this is not the first time Brickshelf has had this problem.

Yep, and that's why we have this topic! (Merged...)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this too. I hope its due to rutine maitenence and back online soon.

The site is back up again.

Thanks Kevin for the great service! and all the best for the New Year!