Looks very cool, great job! One question though, what's with the car lifter??? Toll road bridges only have a booth to pay the toll and a barrier arm? I've never seen nor heard of a toll road bridge with that. Where do these exist? I've tried looking up toll roads on Google and only saw normal ones.

On 9-10-2016 at 1:59 AM, Kiwi_Builder said:

Looks very cool, great job! One question though, what's with the car lifter??? Toll road bridges only have a booth to pay the toll and a barrier arm? I've never seen nor heard of a toll road bridge with that. Where do these exist? I've tried looking up toll roads on Google and only saw normal ones.

Hello, thanks for your comment! The normal toll road is for paying the toll. But the platform is for weighing the trucks. Also you can also see under the car if there are some illegal things. It's a toll road but also a sort of customs checkpoint.

On 8-10-2016 at 11:32 PM, jono.rocky said:

this just gets better and better.

Thank you very much!

Hi Paul,

This is a very original MOC! I really like where this is going.

Thanks for joining Eurobricks :wink: 

28 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hi Paul,

This is a very original MOC! I really like where this is going.

Thanks for joining Eurobricks :wink: 

Hi Jim, thanks for your comment :sweet:

9 hours ago, Paul Klop said:

Hello, thanks for your comment! The normal toll road is for paying the toll. But the platform is for weighing the trucks. Also you can also see under the car if there are some illegal things. It's a toll road but also a sort of customs checkpoint.

Oh I get it, so it's more of a customs checkpoint than a toll road. Very cool! :classic: I'm impressed with how you've built this, everything looks incredible! And you decided to make a static object like a building and platform, and I just think that's really cool because it's different. I can't wait to see how it progresses! :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Kiwi_Builder said:

Oh I get it, so it's more of a customs checkpoint than a toll road. Very cool! :classic: I'm impressed with how you've built this, everything looks incredible! And you decided to make a static object like a building and platform, and I just think that's really cool because it's different. I can't wait to see how it progresses! :thumbup:

Yes, at the beginning of this project I didn't know exactly what my plan was to make. But now it's a customs checkpoint and a toll road in one. One gate is for paying toll and the other is for the customs. Thanks for your question, you're helping me :classic:

Welcome everyone! Sorry for the delay. I was very busy with school so I didn't had time to take some photos of my progress. Here are the final photos and the video. 

This is the first photo with the Customs Checkpoint - Toll Road. It contains: 

- A little house for the customs officer

- The pneumatic driven weighting bridge to weight the trucks with pressure and to decide what they must pay

- Two pneumatic gate barriers so that the vehicles cannot drive through without paying. One passage for cars (only paying) and one for trucks (weightning and paying)

- The roof with lightning: See also the video

- A car and a truck for showing how this al works

Ui0u0n_cmjGLK6eQjE6yOYLv83i-IhG91rIcqMJM

This is the weighting system. The big cilinders (for the weighting bridge) are connected to a slim-line cilinder (used for the red pointer) with some tubes. The more weight, the higher the air pressure in the pneumatic system. The higher the pressure, the higher the slim-line cilinder raises (check the second photo for a closer view). 

Through the spring, the slim-line cilinder needs more air pressure, in the pneumatic system, the higher the pointer goes. (Test it by yourself with a Large Shock Absorber. The first time, push the Shock Absorber a little bit and the second time, push the Shock Absorber all the way.) 

''It's difficult to explain this feature.. If you have questions, feel free to ask :classic:''

yLVo5-sD9tztSEq5BAcfO_tMv0kHnVxsGfqNiM3E

CqI0ePKhqD38EC-Nzg6dOKvBXjWiR8aGHD-kjB1z

Conclusion: The more weight on the platform the higher the pointer raises. Look the video for some examples.

The last picture is from the office. In the office is a Lego PF L motor which drives two small pneumatic pumps. 

The front thing (I don't know how it's called) can you compare with a crushable zone which are in cars. When you crash into this blok it damps the collision so the shock is less.

WIwqU8Dtc08JTkXqHOCMXy7_La137651-3zXVq_q

The video:

That's very original MOC. Good idea on the weighing system. Seems realy playable. I sure would like to be a customs officer on this toll road :-) Good luck!

On 30-10-2016 at 0:16 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

That's very original MOC. Good idea on the weighing system. Seems realy playable. I sure would like to be a customs officer on this toll road :-) Good luck!

Thank you, your welcome in my toll road. But I don't think you're gonna fit in the little office. 

10 hours ago, Paul Klop said:

But I don't think you're gonna fit in the little office. 

Unfortunately you're right - I guess my dimensions aren't getting any smaller :cry_sad: