soccerkid6

AoM: Archery, Phase 1: Snowy Practice

I had fun experimenting with the cross bracing below the platform, and trying to simulate hay bales around the targets

Even in the snow, Mitgardian archers continue their practice.

Overview-3.jpg

Right-1.jpg

Release.jpg

Platform.jpg

There are a few more pictures on brickbuilt.

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome, I should be posting the second phase fairly soon :classic:

This looks great, the hay bales with the arrows sticking out are a very cool idea. Although I really like the base, it has a really nice looking texture :)

The platform looks great! The straw bales look good, and it looks like it was a good idea to put them there to stop all the arrows that miss. I second Milo, I think they need to keep practicing! Maybe they'll get an arrow to actually hit a target someday... A great little build. 

Tough I'm not absolutely convinced of the bales, but that's totally made up by the crossed bars!

As I said on Flickr: those bracing turned out pretty good!

Phase 2! Phase 2!!

oh and I think I'm just gonna call you the Snowman.. :wink:

6 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

This looks great, the hay bales with the arrows sticking out are a very cool idea. Although I really like the base, it has a really nice looking texture :)

Thanks! I wanted to do something a bit different with the border, and we had gotten more of those 1x4 tiles with two studs at BFVA, so I decided to use them.

1 hour ago, MiloNelsiano said:

Looks like they need to keep practicing a while! Very nice build, I especially like the little scaffolding. Looking forward to phase 2!

Thank you, I was wondering how many people would notice the atrocious aim :laugh: With this target design it wasn't possible to put any arrows on the actual bulls eye. Maybe they retrieve all their hits sooner than the misses.

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The platform looks great! The straw bales look good, and it looks like it was a good idea to put them there to stop all the arrows that miss. I second Milo, I think they need to keep practicing! Maybe they'll get an arrow to actually hit a target someday... A great little build. 

Thanks, I tried to think through what a real range would look like.

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Tough I'm not absolutely convinced of the bales, but that's totally made up by the crossed bars!

Thank you Titus, there are more cross supports in Phase 2 :grin:

1 hour ago, en_zoo said:

As I said on Flickr: those bracing turned out pretty good!

Phase 2! Phase 2!!

oh and I think I'm just gonna call you the Snowman.. :wink:

Thanks en_zoo! And I'm surprised no-one has called me that before :laugh:

Really nice little build SK, the hay bales are excellent and so of course is the snowscape! :thumbup:

56 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

...Thank you, I was wondering how many people would notice the atrocious aim :laugh: ...

The cold must be getting to them! :laugh:

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks en_zoo! And I'm surprised no-one has called me that before :laugh:

Isn't the snowman too human-being like?

Very nice little build, SK, the platform and bracing is excellent, and the hay bails and targets are neat as well! :thumbup:  The base and the way you put the beard above the quiver on the archer to the left so you could turn his head are actually my favorite details, though! :laugh:  Looking forward to Phase II!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Base insinuation! :tongue: :grin:  Cold never bothers Mitgardians! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Really nice little build SK, the hay bales are excellent and so of course is the snowscape! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, and don't worry, they will be more accurate next phase :classic:

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

Very nice little build, SK, the platform and bracing is excellent, and the hay bails and targets are neat as well! :thumbup:  The base and the way you put the beard above the quiver on the archer to the left so you could turn his head are actually my favorite details, though! :laugh:  Looking forward to Phase II!

Thanks Garmadon! The beard over quiver thing was something I found pretty neat myself :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice build, the scaffolding is the coolest part, great technique! :thumbup:

Thank you!

Very nice start to the Archery phases, Isaac. The hay bales around the targets was a cool idea, but my favorite part is definitely the scaffolding :wub:

The snow-scaping and border are nice too though :thumbup:

On 9/27/2016 at 9:20 PM, LittleJohn said:

Very nice start to the Archery phases, Isaac. The hay bales around the targets was a cool idea, but my favorite part is definitely the scaffolding :wub:

The snow-scaping and border are nice too though :thumbup:

Thanks John :classic:

12 hours ago, Mpyromaxos said:

Nice archery training ground! :thumbup: the 2x2 round tiles you used for target, from which set they are??

Thank you! One of the tiles came in several old castle sets, as Henjin mentioned, the other comes in the Friends Archery Range set.

I like the technique for the platform, I might want to borrow that, I have a use for it in mind already ;)

Really great build overall!

21 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I know one of them is found in this set (I have it from here, at least): http://brickset.com/sets/1624-1/King-s-Archer

Where SK got them I do not know. 

Tnk you!! 

10 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks John :classic:

Thank you! One of the tiles came in several old castle sets, as Henjin mentioned, the other comes in the Friends Archery Range set.

Oh tnk you very much! Especially the Friends set.. i will never guess it!! :pir-laugh: