kurigan

HMS Speedy by TLPershing: a Flickr Find

I found this most Flickr MOC searching for data on HMS Speedy of Lord Thomas Cochran, who famously took the far superior 32 gun Xebec frigate El Gamo with this tiny 14 gun brig. For those inclined to nautical fiction, Speedy and Cochran were Patrick O'Brien's primary inspiration for Jack Aubry and his HMS Sophie.

14916759176_ffd66a1f27.jpgHMS Speedy_Fighting Tops by TLPershing, on Flickr

What we see here is TLPershing's LDD model of that famous ship, and a particularly fine one at that.

14722090758_bf5e562863.jpgHMS Speedy_Aft Quarter by TLPershing, on Flickr

if you scroll through TLPershing's album there are several more views available as well as some interesting gun designs. as usual i will reach out to the creator and invite then to come and comment, so leave your comments and show your support.

I can't say I'm all that impressed by the hull of the ship, it seems kind of blocky in the transitions, though that may just be because of LDD.  It's an interesting start, though.  I've been building ships in and out of LDD for several years now, and I've barely dabbled in brick built hulls.  Given his other work, I'd be interested to see him tweak his design some and see where it can go.

On the subject of his other work, his military vehicles and field guns are very impressive.  I particularly like his Abrams, Sherman, and Deuce and a Half.

It's awesome for such a scale. I understand why you used LDD though I never use it myself. It's because LEGO fans use only LEGO parts which they have they need more imagination to create smth new each time. And one is never limited in details using LDD. Anyhow your project is worth LEGO fans attention. To my mind it looks not finished. Will we see more details?                                                                                                                

Very sleek looking ship.

And it's entirely brick made (no large hull pieces) :pir-wub:

Nice colors scheme, great looking deck (are those bricks put on the side?), wonderful details, ...

I LOVE IT!