I have created a MOC of the iconic forest duel on Starkiller base from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This is a freebuild, so not everything is perfect and there should definetly be more trees but I think it came out nicely nonetheless. 

29322357740_f4498906fb_c.jpg

29322354810_605c96ed80_n.jpg  29502358502_7d9fba42d7_n.jpg

Now, my favorite part of the moc and why it took me so long to create.

Video : https://www.flickr.com/photos/104099903@N07/29322290790/in/dateposted-public/

29578146366_727e09b34c_c.jpg

29531952451_18d34a8775_n.jpg  28986849594_b5198c73b2_n.jpg

Thank you for viewing! Questions, comments, criticisms welcome.

29322356200_c18f14cc33_m.jpg

Edited by BrickRally217

Fantastic job! I think you have really captured the essence of this scene, especially Finn just lying there in the background! 

The action feature is incredible, I would love to see it in action.

I really want more Force Awakens sets to come out as I feel there is scope for so much more and I hope with MOCs like this it will give Lego some inspiration to make some official sets soon! 

I really like this! Id say leave the amount of trees as it is. It helps to emphasise the feeling that it is just those 2 fighting it out alone. As for that play feature, touch of genius!
One improvement I would play around with trying to achieve, maybe remove the lowest part of the cliff faces and instead create a flat level of lava (if it was lava down there? I think it was, but really cant remember now...) that is attached to one side and slides under the other, so that it looks like it is opening up and filled with lava... if you get what I mean...?

3 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I really like this! Id say leave the amount of trees as it is. It helps to emphasise the feeling that it is just those 2 fighting it out alone. As for that play feature, touch of genius!
One improvement I would play around with trying to achieve, maybe remove the lowest part of the cliff faces and instead create a flat level of lava (if it was lava down there? I think it was, but really cant remember now...) that is attached to one side and slides under the other, so that it looks like it is opening up and filled with lava... if you get what I mean...?

I like that idea! I don't think it was lava in the movie, but definitely something else to cover up the ugly gears. Unfortunately the way it's designed (a row of tooth gears upside down in the center of each platform with wheels on either side) it won't allow for space to fit the section underneath. I'd have to redesign the whole gear system, which I don't feel like messing around with haha. As awesome as it would be. 

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I agree with you that a few more trees would be nice, but the splitting function is awesome! :thumbup: You should add a hinged tree, so that when the ground splits, the tree falls.

I thought about doing that actually! it never worked out though because the bare tree design I decided on is really fragile and it takes forever to put together. If I were to create a more sturdy one it would look out of place. But yeah, at least some falling rocks and snow or something would be cool! 

Wow, that looks great! Good job on the splitting feature, really just a couple more trees are missing to compliment it even more, but this is truly amazing. If only official sets were so elaborate, instead of the usual basic static structure+couple of minifigs/vehicle combo...