MCS stands for Merchant's Colonial Ship.

29895661895_acb3bbb85e.jpg

Presenting the Filo Morado , by far the largest ship I've ever built!
29812328281_07a69b0c2f.jpg

What I like most about this ship was that it only took me a week to build. :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:
29782062402_f3cb9518f6.jpg

Despite the front curve, this was a lot easier and a lot sturdier to build than it might look!
29269474593_3177ba6d33.jpg

29269520753_2723b77e8f.jpg

29601701360_fb20850b7b.jpg

29895944725_14c5174b7a.jpg

Third mate enjoyes smoking a pipe on break time.
29601865810_94950de659.jpg

The Captain of the Filo Morado has a very curious practice when it comes to punishing refractory crew members... he dresses them up in Oleonese costume, chains a cannon ball to their leg, and then makes them swab the deck.  The Oleon ambassador to Eslandola suspects that occasionally the unfortunate individual thus "punished" is actually an Oleonese prisoner, but he's never been able to prove anything!
29602084410_23296fd385.jpg

The cook cleans fish over the side.
29268912534_9e3e219b7f.jpg

Credit for the lantern design to W. Navarre.
29895632515_b84839c63e.jpg

29602161460_d8501e605e.jpg

Glad to be back with another BoBS build!  C&C appreciated, and thanks for checking her out!
I'd like to upgrade this to a 6F whenever that's available, so I'm stating my intentions here as per the Naval Court rules.

Sleek-looking ship! The white deck makes her look very clean. And where did you get all the purple bricks?!

Nice minifig posing and details. That brown mustache on the pipe-smoking fellow looks good, and I like the cook cleaning the fish.

Interesting brick-built wheel. And I like that you have the masts properly stepped forward as they get higher. Overall well done!

Fantastic ship. The colouring almost fits our nation, but looks great as is.

Nice minifig posing and a very clean presentation. Looks great overall.

Nice color scheme and decorative details on the ship.  I like the lantern off the stern a well.  Also, nice use of the painter pants on that guy swabbing the deck!  :pir-sweet:

Sleek is the word that comes to mind upon seeing this ship! Colors are fitting and so are all those details that make it stand out. Ofc those purple feather pieces help indeed! Hell, even the night sky background helps her shine!

Totally subjective nitpicking would be the main mast coloring as i would prefer black and white to mix a bit more (not starting white then going black that is, rather than mixing them a bit) and the bow to be a bit less sharp.

But all in all another fine example of your ship-building capabilities!!! She surely looks super-fast and fully deserves her "whatever number-F" designation.

Great vessel !

The colour choice is nice ! It's not typically Eslandian but Maxim already built the Purple Rain and I don't think purple is not appropriate for a ship.

It has a real sleek aspect, really well fitting a F category ! 6F should be great (*Is hardly waiting the new levels of vessel* :pir-laugh:)

Just a little remark : Perhaps adding more jibs would add to this vessel built for speed travels.

Great job ! 

Sleek build.  She seems well armed.  I think the jibs could be bigger or have more of them but that's ok, we don't need you to be that harder to chase down.  :pirate:

On 9/24/2016 at 11:35 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Sleek-looking ship! The white deck makes her look very clean. And where did you get all the purple bricks?!

Nice minifig posing and details. That brown mustache on the pipe-smoking fellow looks good, and I like the cook cleaning the fish.

Interesting brick-built wheel. And I like that you have the masts properly stepped forward as they get higher. Overall well done!

Thanks Capt Wolf!  The purple bricks are mostly from the PaB - though, for the record, they aren't really true brick-bricks, they're 1x2 tiles.  Those and a whole bunch of 2x3 plates showed up on one of my rare visits and, purple being my favorite color, of course I had to stock up!

You can thank Garmadon for the masts being stepped forward.  I wouldn't have bothered, but he said that was how they needed to go. :laugh:

On 9/24/2016 at 5:01 PM, Elostirion said:

Fantastic ship. The colouring almost fits our nation, but looks great as is.

Nice minifig posing and a very clean presentation. Looks great overall.

Thanks!  I pretty much used the colors I had available... there is definitely no color other than purple that I have nearly so many 2x1 tiles in!

On 9/24/2016 at 7:08 PM, deraven said:

Nice color scheme and decorative details on the ship.  I like the lantern off the stern a well.  Also, nice use of the painter pants on that guy swabbing the deck!  :pir-sweet:

Thanks deraven!  I love those little lantern designs! ...I mean, to look at.  They're a pain to build!

On 9/24/2016 at 7:35 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Sleek is the word that comes to mind upon seeing this ship! Colors are fitting and so are all those details that make it stand out. Ofc those purple feather pieces help indeed! Hell, even the night sky background helps her shine!

Totally subjective nitpicking would be the main mast coloring as i would prefer black and white to mix a bit more (not starting white then going black that is, rather than mixing them a bit) and the bow to be a bit less sharp.

But all in all another fine example of your ship-building capabilities!!! She surely looks super-fast and fully deserves her "whatever number-F" designation.

Thank you!  I was actually surprised, given the angle of the brick bending hull, how easy it was to transition to a deck and also how sturdy the final result was!
Hmm... mixing black and white always brings zebras prominently to my mind...

On 9/25/2016 at 5:37 AM, Faladrin said:

Great vessel !

The colour choice is nice ! It's not typically Eslandian but Maxim already built the Purple Rain and I don't think purple is not appropriate for a ship.

It has a real sleek aspect, really well fitting a F category ! 6F should be great (*Is hardly waiting the new levels of vessel* :pir-laugh:)

Just a little remark : Perhaps adding more jibs would add to this vessel built for speed travels.

Great job ! 

Thanks!  I didn't want to spend much time on the rigging, honestly, after having seen how long Garmadon usually takes... :laugh:  I could have done bigger jibs, it's true, but Garmadon does these massive jibs that make his ship look tiny.  Maybe mine are too small, but at least they don't dwarf the ship by comparison. :pir-laugh:

On 9/25/2016 at 10:15 PM, dr_spock said:

Sleek build.  She seems well armed.  I think the jibs could be bigger or have more of them but that's ok, we don't need you to be that harder to chase down.  :pirate:

Thanks dr_spock!  Yep, Garmadon thought my tiny jibs were crazy too. :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:

Very nice ship, Kai!  The rigging and sails are a great improvement on your last ship (:tongue: except, of course, your jib and spanker are way too small... :laugh:), and the activity on deck is great as well! :pir-wink:  The cannons and lanterns are definitely some awesome details too! :thumbup:

Very nice build, and for the colourscheme... Well, Maxim will like it a lot! (sorry for the joke only he will get)

They all like the purple colours. And I was going to complain about them. Can't do this now.

They will all hate me :pir-cry_sad:

Should I say that I feel a third mast is missing? They will all hate me. But apart from that it looks quite modern and well shaped.

I'll probably say nothing at all. Or at least not much. Or just a little bit like "interesting".

But wait, that is taken as offense in the Americas... So what to do?

:pir-grin:

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

They all like the purple colours. And I was going to complain about them. Can't do this now.

Yes... well let's just say it's an interesting choice of colour!! :pir-tongue: Works really well with the white!

She is indeed a clean, sleek and quick looking vessel, although her triangular/teardrop shape seems a bit odd... nothing bad just a bit odd!

The pipe is pure genus, and genus that I will be definitely borrowing at some stage!

On 9/27/2016 at 11:47 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nice ship, Kai!  The rigging and sails are a great improvement on your last ship (:tongue: except, of course, your jib and spanker are way too small... :laugh:), and the activity on deck is great as well! :pir-wink:  The cannons and lanterns are definitely some awesome details too! :thumbup:

Thank you!  I won't deny that this is better than my last... by quite a long shot too! :pir-grin:

On 9/27/2016 at 0:15 PM, TitusV said:

Very nice build, and for the colourscheme... Well, Maxim will like it a lot! (sorry for the joke only he will get)

Thanks Titus!

On 9/29/2016 at 3:39 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Should I say that I feel a third mast is missing? They will all hate me. But apart from that it looks quite modern and well shaped.

I'll probably say nothing at all. Or at least not much. Or just a little bit like "interesting".

But wait, that is taken as offense in the Americas... So what to do?

:pir-grin:

:pir-laugh: :rofl: Purple happens to be my favorite color, and what's more, it's by far the color I have the most 2x1 tiles in, so it was a no brainer from my point of view.  And yeah, I know it should maybe have a third mast, but you can't think how much simpler two was! :pir-grin:

On 9/30/2016 at 1:41 AM, Ayrlego said:

Yes... well let's just say it's an interesting choice of colour!! :pir-tongue: Works really well with the white!

She is indeed a clean, sleek and quick looking vessel, although her triangular/teardrop shape seems a bit odd... nothing bad just a bit odd!

The pipe is pure genus, and genus that I will be definitely borrowing at some stage!

Thanks Ayrlego!  The shape is indeed somewhat unique, but it's what the brickbending technique for the hull best lent itself too!

I'm sure not the one who came up with that pipe in the first place, though I can't remember who did, but by all means get some use out of it! :grin: 

7 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh: :rofl: Purple happens to be my favorite color, and what's more, it's by far the color I have the most 2x1 tiles in, so it was a no brainer from my point of view.  And yeah, I know it should maybe have a third mast, but you can't think how much simpler two was! :pir-grin:

Ok, if you happen to stop by I'll give you the few purple bricks I have. :classic:

On 10/8/2016 at 1:51 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Ok, if you happen to stop by I'll give you the few purple bricks I have. :classic:

If I'm ever in Germany I think I'll take you up on that. :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:

Very impressive vessel with an equally impressive colourscheme! :pir-grin: I like the railings and the horisontal white and purple stripes, and your square sails are pretty good too.

A few pointers on hull shape and rigging for future reference. Your ship has a very long and pointy bow, which is very atypical for the period - normally you would have a bluff, rounded bow, and the hull would be at its widest somewhere around the middle. Behind that, it would have a long gentle curve towards the stern. The current shape is more akin to a modern destroyer than a age of sail brig! :wink: I would also make the quarterdeck, and thus the cabin, longer or loose it completely.

Your masts are nice - great cross-trees and square sails - and I like that your masts are divided in three like on a real vessel. The placement of the masts is a bit off. As someone else said, a long vessel like this would probably have three masts. With two masts, they should be spread out more for a more balanced rig. I would also suggests you look at some more pictures to get the fore-and-aft parts of your rig right. While your square sails are pretty good, I think the others need a little more work. :pir-blush:

All in all, great vessel!

On 10/21/2016 at 2:03 PM, Bregir said:

Very impressive vessel with an equally impressive colourscheme! :pir-grin: I like the railings and the horisontal white and purple stripes, and your square sails are pretty good too.

A few pointers on hull shape and rigging for future reference. Your ship has a very long and pointy bow, which is very atypical for the period - normally you would have a bluff, rounded bow, and the hull would be at its widest somewhere around the middle. Behind that, it would have a long gentle curve towards the stern. The current shape is more akin to a modern destroyer than a age of sail brig! :wink: I would also make the quarterdeck, and thus the cabin, longer or loose it completely.

Your masts are nice - great cross-trees and square sails - and I like that your masts are divided in three like on a real vessel. The placement of the masts is a bit off. As someone else said, a long vessel like this would probably have three masts. With two masts, they should be spread out more for a more balanced rig. I would also suggests you look at some more pictures to get the fore-and-aft parts of your rig right. While your square sails are pretty good, I think the others need a little more work. :pir-blush:

All in all, great vessel!

Thank you Bregir!  Yes, the shape of the hull is indeed quite modern, which I was aware of as I built it - but it came together so easily!  And you've no notion how much simpler two masts were to three. :pir-grin:   Garmadon has given me quite a lecture on the sails already... :pir-laugh:  Still, a far cry from my last one, I think you'll have to admit, and maybe next time I'll get it right! 

Woah Kai, she's a beaut! Love that brickbuilt hull and the colors are great. Lovely photography, you found some really good angles and shots. Definitely a new fav from you. Need to check over here more often!

2 hours ago, MassEditor said:

Woah Kai, she's a beaut! Love that brickbuilt hull and the colors are great. Lovely photography, you found some really good angles and shots. Definitely a new fav from you. Need to check over here more often!

Thanks ME! :pir-sweet:  She's probably one of my own personal favorites as well.  And yep, we've got some great MOCers here!  You should definitely drop in sometimes and maybe even join Eslandola... :pir-grin: