Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

November 2016 LEGO Store Calendar

I want the ornament and the snow globe, but I don't think I can pull it off... Last year I was lucky enough that I had to get the Tumbler, so I got the Gingebread house for free. This time it looks like I'm out of luck, both in wallet and interest in expensive sets.

For the last 4 years I've made sure to  get the brick Friday and other Christmas themed set...but I think I will put a stop to that this year. I am not in love with either that I HAVE to have it. And with double points at a different time, I'll just order then.

But thanks for posting! It is always good to see what is coming up.

Glad to see it.  Curious about the Brick Friday offers, but I'm planning on making some of my purchases next weekend for Rogue Friday anyways.

The time will soon come for the invites to be given for select VIP members to go into Lego Stores an hour early before anyone else (assuming they continue that tradition).  This normally is the Saturday before Black Friday, making it November 20 for this year.  Since that is a double points day, hopefully we will get the invite again.  I can see at least buying enough to get the snowglobe.  

4 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

The time will soon come for the invites to be given for select VIP members to go into Lego Stores an hour early before anyone else (assuming they continue that tradition).  This normally is the Saturday before Black Friday, making it November 20 for this year.  Since that is a double points day, hopefully we will get the invite again.  I can see at least buying enough to get the snowglobe.  

Does anyone know how those VIP members are selected? Is it random, or are people selected based on how much they've purchased before? I imagine the latter.

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Does anyone know how those VIP members are selected? Is it random, or are people selected based on how much they've purchased before? I imagine the latter.

It used to be that you had to be a big spender to get in.  Also at that time, there were more freebies including a PAB box, keychains, sets, etc..  Now, the advantage is mainly one hour in the store before it opens to everyone else.  The deals outlined in the calendar will still apply.  I am told that participating in the minibuilds, Lego Club meetings, completing surveys, and other things factor in as well.  Last year was the first time I was invited, and it certainly was not the biggest spending year I had.  

2 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

It used to be that you had to be a big spender to get in.  Also at that time, there were more freebies including a PAB box, keychains, sets, etc..  Now, the advantage is mainly one hour in the store before it opens to everyone else.  The deals outlined in the calendar will still apply.  I am told that participating in the minibuilds, Lego Club meetings, completing surveys, and other things factor in as well.  Last year was the first time I was invited, and it certainly was not the biggest spending year I had.  

Interesting, thanks for the information. About how many deals were good at your local Lego store?

1 hour ago, Kodan Black said:

Is the snow globe only available with in store purchase or can you get it via shop@home?

Those types of promos are always both In Store and S@H.

24 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Those types of promos are always both In Store and S@H.

Awesome, thanks! No way was I going to the mall where my Lego store is anytime near Black Friday. *huh*

9 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Interesting, thanks for the information. About how many deals were good at your local Lego store?

I remember a few sets here and there being on sale.  There was nothing that really caught my eye.  The sets tended to be among those not in particularly high demand.  

42 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I remember a few sets here and there being on sale.  There was nothing that really caught my eye.  The sets tended to be among those not in particularly high demand.  

Hmmmm, so basically just like the online sale. I wish Lego was more generous on Brick Friday, but I guess they just don't need it.