Hello all,

While I was waiting for my BL order for my TC10 entry, I worked on a small trophy truck. It has indepentent rear trailing arms, drive from 2 L motors, steering from a Servo motor, power from a 9 volt battery through a Minizip cable, and an Sbrick. It isn't complete yet. Some pictures:

800x480.jpg

800x480.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Awesome little trophy truck! 

Those wheels look very cool on it, will there be a video?

Have you tried a slightly lower gearing for the drive? You'll probably have better performance in the sand if your rear wheels don't turn so fast.   Or maybe you can try a variable speed remote.   

Either way it's a cute truck, nicely done. 

I don't think you need to change the gearing. With more weight on the rear, the tires will have more traction. Then again, more weight equals less speed.:sceptic: 

Do you like the minizip 9v adapter?  Do you use  rechargeable 9v batteries as well or is the power consumption reasonable?  I'm thinking about making a 9v adapter or buying the minizip so any feedback by a user is appreciated.

thanks.

I love the Minizip. I always use it in MOCs because it makes it possible to use a super small battery. I use rechargeable batteries, because in the long term it is way cheaper than buying normal batteries all the time.  

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm intrigued by the minizip for the same reasons.  Now the real question is if it is unsafe or crazy for a non electrical engineer/electrician to try and make this themselves or play it safe and buy it from the minizip seller.