Bonaparte

Forum Upgrade

On iOS Safari and I too am suffering from seeing HTML code in lieu of embedded images and some quoted replies.

Also, the banner image is mis-scaled, allowing pinch/zoom and panning that's incredible useless.

7 hours ago, hachiroku24 said:

I'm hachiroku. Since a couple of days ago, after the update, I can't log in with my update. I get this error:

Weird, your account had to be approved, which I have done now. Is there anything you changed (like your password, that you maybe missed a validation e-mail for) before this happened?

2 hours ago, FatTina said:

On iOS Safari and I too am suffering from seeing HTML code in lieu of embedded images and some quoted replies.

Also, the banner image is mis-scaled, allowing pinch/zoom and panning that's incredible useless.

Same. I'm assuming it's an issue from the update that they still working on. The problem is without the images there's no real reason to visit as frequently :/

@legoman666

@Jayoheazy

@Legocity2713

@FatTina

Old posts have to be reprocessed, as in: the old posts formatting code (BBCode) has to be converted to the new code. It has been mentioned before that this may take up to a week.

(I hope I'm stepping on noones toes by answering this as it has been answered before)

Edited by Legostone

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Weird, your account had to be approved, which I have done now. Is there anything you changed (like your password, that you maybe missed a validation e-mail for) before this happened?

It works! Thanks!

Yes, I changed the password. I didn't remember it and when I was going to log in after the update, I changed it. Then, I saw that error.

It's like the account was disapproved when I changed the password.

The timestamps have magically (or perhaps by elves) been fixed! I am no longer 1 hour in the future!

But I am still struggling with getting around the loss of the "view new content" button. I made an activity stream that is similar, but now I have to scroll infinitely over EVERY new post in the whole forum instead of seeing a certain number of pages of topics that have new posts since last time. Fine for a daily catch-up, but over the weekend is crazy!:wacko:

Just noticed that the country in the member info next to a post is no longer mis-aligned.  Good job, Staff!  I know it seems small, but it was oddly irritating.

For everyone with issues with new or unread items, you can set your own preferences by clicking the Activity tab, My Activity Streams and then selecting "Create new stream" if the preset streams don't offer what you're used to or looking for. One of the settings relates to whether clicking unread items takes you to the top of the page or to the last unread comment that some have been mentioning in here. Moreover, you can replace the "Unread content" button (in the top right corner) by one of these streams by checking the checkbox next to the title of a stream once you click it (when you hover over it, it says "set as default").

Hello, sorry if this has been discussed before, I don't have time to read through all replies.

The feature I'm missing a lot is the page number buttons on topic lists. I usually want to go directly to the last page, especially if it's a thread I follow and check on regular basis. Now I need to cluck twice, which may seem like a marginal problem, but it's far less convenient.

Similarly with the 'content I posted in' button, which is now slightly less accessible than before.

Otherwise I congratz on the upgrade, the older look, however beloved, started to look quite obsolete and I understand you had no choice but upgrading anyway :) While I'm not yet using any new beneficial functions, I'm sure there are and it's juts the matter of some short time period to get used to it.

Seems to work really well to me, bot Mac windows and IOS devices. mix of Chrome and safari. I can't see the post number any more, unless it's just moved? thanks to all for the continuous improvements and putting in all the time it takes to get projects like this over the line

22 hours ago, Rick said:

I'm not sure what kind of a response you're expecting. It has been said a couple of times now that Hinckley is going to tackle some of these remaining theme issues when he has time. He has other obligations besides Eurobricks.

I guess I meant on the text issue itself. Maybe a running list of acknowledged items in the first post would have helped my frustration.

Oh, no, I did see that you all had been commenting, I didn't mean to say that really.

Thank you all for your time! :classic:

EDIT: BTW, I did find it weird when I typed it and hit submit, it didn't take me away from the page, so I thought it didn't post. No, "Save" just made three copies of this. I deleted them?

Edited by TheWarden

Hi again.

There are another pair of thing I'd like to see fixed: 

• In a topic, I can't see post's number and the link. The first is very useful as reference, the second is absolutely necessary for indexing. EDIT: I see the link is accessible clicking on "share" key, but it is much less comfortable that before where I've direct access to the link (it is important for indexing).
  • I received the first private messages, and I immediately noticed the text of the received message don't go new line automatically, but continues beyond the right border of the text area. Tested with Firefox 49 only.
  • In the private messages, the thin list of messages on the left seems a bit uncomfortable, it is possible to have the old fullsize list?
  • If I hide signatures, there is no button to show them again, but I need to search for the option among the account options.

13 minutes ago, Calabar said:

In a topic, I can't see post's number and the link. The first is very useful as reference, the second is absolutely necessary for indexing. EDIT: I see the link is accessible clicking on "share" key, but it is much less comfortable that before where I've direct access to the link (it is important for indexing).

This is directly accessible via the "Posted x minutes/hours ago" link in the top-left corner of a message or the share icon on the top-right. You can right-click either of these links and copy the URL to go directly to a post.

One thing that had me worried after the update was that the BBCode for tables is no longer supported and that there was no viable alternative. But now for fun I just copied some cells from a spreadsheet to see what it would give, and it seems it just keeps the table structure intact! You can edit the cells and all. Now that's a huge advantage of the new software nobody has been talking about, and something that really convinces me this update is huge *huh*

New forum software
con pro
no more retro feel fancy new graphics
no more unique clock accurate time
no more BBCode
you can paste from spreadsheets!!!
(with links working and all)

PS: with all of these people noticing there post count has gone down, mine actually has gone up significantly because uploads in the gallery are now apparently counted as well...

1 hour ago, Rick said:

This is directly accessible via the "Posted x minutes/hours ago" link in the top-left corner of a message or the share icon on the top-right. You can right-click either of these links and copy the URL to go directly to a post.

Thanks, the direct link on the timestamp is a good solution for me, now I've to edit the script I use to gather post ID.
What about the chance to see the post's number back again?

PS: has someone already asked about adding zip and LEGO cad files (lxf, mpd, ldr, ...) to the allowed files for attachment?

Edited by Calabar

On 9/22/2016 at 7:17 PM, DraikNova said:

The site is nice, but I'm hoping the format of the forums address can be changed from the current /[number]-[name]/ format, since it simply being /[number]/ made it a lot easier to jump between frequently-visited forums.

Is there any chance of this change happening? Because I find it extremely annoying to have to either load a completely different page to go from one forum to another or type it out manually.

And really, since this whole thing is Invision's fault, by all rights, they should be the ones to fix the problems they've caused.

2 hours ago, The Lego Nolan said:

Was the "see first unread post" button removed?

This is the only flaw I can see. Everything else is great - good on you, Eurobrick's Staff! 

24 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I just noticed that the styles for the subthemes are gone. Will those be returning? 

They will return gradually after we managed to iron out all other issues and have made the default skin (the one you see right now) as good as we can make it.

Whilst I appreciate the time and effort made by the Admin team to implement this upgrade, I'm just not "feeling" it.  As a somewhat infrequent user, it came as a bit of a shock.

I'm not keen on the skin, or the general layout of things, although some of this is probably because most of the sites I visit are built on vBulletin platforms.  Hopefully things will start to look a bit like they were skin wise, or I'll get used to the change.

Regardless, keep up the good work. :)

I have noticed that even though the most of the image links are broken, if you just press edit the post, and save it right away whit out doing nothing to the post itself, the images will re appear. Not sure f this is true in all the cases, but I just thought to give this small piece of advice until hopefully this problem will get fixed and we dont have to do that on every single post.

EDIT My keyboard loves me today it seems..... 

Edited by Captain Becker

Are we planning on keeping the two member ranks under each person's avatar? I feel like the blue "Eurobricks Dukes" under my name should be removed as the pink star already says that.

10 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Where's the, "Switch to Desktop Version," button on mobile?

It is responsive now. The theme is the same. The menu moves to the upper right corner.

3 hours ago, The Lego Nolan said:

Was the "see first unread post" button removed?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean the blue brick on a topic you have already replied to, it is still there.