Ok, here’s my news find for the week(s)? :pir-look:

Not Lego news but definitely cool ship themed news.

Pride of Baltimore II has a Google street view!

So what?

Well if you’ve not had the chance to tour the decks of a real tall ship and want to understand a little more about the relationships of all the different elements this is invaluable. It’s also a great insight into a schooner which herself is lovely example of both historic and working sail. I always say sailing replicas like “Pride” are a great reference for modelers, less for a sense oh “how things would have been done” but more for an idea of “how things work”. Now you can take a look all hours of the day and night from your own home.

I know for me this is going to be a great source for my ongoing projects here out.

Pride-Open-Deck-5.jpg

Looks like USS Constitution has one too, but it's only a single point. It will still give you an idea of how small we tend to make our frigates around here though.

USS Constellation has 3 view points on the spar deck.

Two views on HMS Trincomalee's spar deck as well.

So far the best quality and most in depth is "Pride".

Can you find more? Go ahead and add em to the list!

Thank you for posting this. I've used Google's street view for other MOCs (mostly buildings), but I've never thought to use it for ships. Seeing as I'm several hundred miles from the ocean, this will be a huge help in creating a more detailed and accurate ship.

Cool idea and find, Kurigan thumbup.gif

To add to that list:

A quick (virtual) trip to Portsmouth puts you onto HMS Victory's poop deck, another onto HMS Warrior. Not that much to see there, but still pretty cool.

I couldn't find my way on to Victory. Great find, thanks!

Great idea for a topic. thumbup.gif

The Friends Good Will. default_excited.gif

Well there's that view of her gun assembly I was looking for Blanid :pir-grin:

Well, considering how few old ships there are, I tried to find some replicas. The first one where I had success was the Batavia, with 2 different places to view it from. I'll try to find more tomorrow!

Surprising how narrow those decks get.

Thank you for posting this. I've used Google's street view for other MOCs (mostly buildings), but I've never thought to use it for ships. Seeing as I'm several hundred miles from the ocean, this will be a huge help in creating a more detailed and accurate ship.

Wo! Target audience achieved :pir-wink: Glad to be of service.