Sign in to follow this  
Blackpool

Need suggestions - Winter Village Fans

Hello all,

I am one of those crazy fans who loves the Winter Village line all year long. I am constantly looking for sets that can be modifed to fit the vintage feel of the Winter Village. I currently have all the usual suspects in my village including the smaller limited edition sets from each year. I also have a few creator sets including Changing seasons and Mountain Hut. Last year I modified a Medieval Market as well as the small building from London Chase. I have a pretty small but growing collection of parts so I prefer finding official sets that can be modified instead of MOCs. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Hi

Maybe a crazy and expensive idea, but have you think about the Simpsons house?

ore is it to big?

Goodluck with the village

Greetings

I modified a #41129 Hot Dog Van with more traditional colors and am going to include it around the carousel from #10235 Winter Village Market in that area instead of the stand I had before. I am like you I am constantly on the look out for what to include.

I modified a #41129 Hot Dog Van with more traditional colors and am going to include it around the carousel from #10235 Winter Village Market in that area instead of the stand I had before. I am like you I am constantly on the look out for what to include.

Good suggestion! I hadn't really considered anything in the friends theme before

I also modded the Hot Dog Van, color-wise. I got two sets of Fun In The Park, and put the two hot dog cart vendors in the vans [swapped out the faces and gave them blue hands to represent sanitary gloves.] and then added another minifig to be the money handler.

I have added the Friends cupcake cafe and small supermarket, but I need to put a roof on them. Along with those, I have Creator 31036 toy and grocery shop, built so it stays open like the front of the box shows. As i use these with a train layout, this will be the village "gateway", positioned in front of a level crossing. Sets like the Disney Princess Frozen look good, too. I publicly display mine, so make sure I have appeal to boys and girls, equally.

I also buy sets like the City snow plow, Artic [for the dogs and winter clothes] and of course advent calendars.

How about a small church of some kind? Personally, I haven't been to a village or small town without one.

I'm planning in getting 41174 Starlight Inn (Elves). It seems like an obvious choice and all you really need to do is change the roof to white and add some holiday decorations. Currently only about $25 USD too. 

I would go with Lakeside Lodge from Creator. It would look great with some snow on the roof and who wouldn't want a Moose in their display?:laugh: