Duncan Young

Pitch your dream Lego game!

20 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Isn't that unlikely, though? As far as I understand, they do not have the TMNT license anymore. They had it back in 2014 when they still released TMNT sets and had Michelangelo appear in The Lego Movie, but I think they have given up on the franchise entirely.

It looks like it. They didn't make sets of the newer movie.

Whenever the confirmed Sonic or the rumored Mario movie comes out, i'd love to see LEGO get licenses for them. Sets for the Sonic movie, and maybe a game with the Mario movie.
___

and also my real dream "Lego" game is a Ninjago game based off the TV show, with the same graphics it has. And actual combat (as in use a lot of the buttons in a meaningful way, and even the triggers, and combinations of buttons and stuff, and weapons with different elemental stats and requirements, like Spinjitzu Smash) as well as unique elemental mechanics (like earth sensory underground vision, fire heat vision, lightning conduction, Lloyd could switch elements on the fly, etc.). And use mechs and vehicles as tools for puzzles and creative boss fights, rather than something on-rails (i'm pretty sure even if we got a game that wasn't handheld they'd still make it on-rails).

Really, Ninjago's got so much potential, there's SO much material in the TV series they could use, and they can hire everyone involved with the show, not just LEGO on their own. Of course the games would be split up based on events. And not every event would get a game. Say Day of the Departed-Hands of Time gets a game. Or an entire game for Year of the Snakes or a whole game for Rebooted. There's so much to talk about this, i'll do it later.

Edited by gamejutzu

6 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Whenever the confirmed Sonic or the rumored Mario movie comes out, i'd love to see LEGO get licenses for them. Sets for the Sonic movie, and maybe a game with the Mario movie.
___

A Story Pack for LEGO Dimensions would surely be more likely.

On 10/10/2016 at 0:26 AM, Cody Startale said:

Isn't that unlikely, though? As far as I understand, they do not have the TMNT license anymore. They had it back in 2014 when they still released TMNT sets and had Michelangelo appear in The Lego Movie, but I think they have given up on the franchise entirely.

True, the license is back with Megabloks, but maybe they could make a special deal so that they can use the 80's turtles in Dimensions? They would fit right in with all the other 80's/90's properties.

My dream would be if they made a game based on the TMNT show from 2003. That one is my favorite, but I believe that's an unpopular opinion. :sadnew: Or even better, one with all incarnations of the turtles!

I'd really like to play a LEGO Castle game.  Maybe something that takes the player through some of the more popular themes, starting with Classic Castle, moving through the 80's & early 90's (with Forestmen, Wolfpack, Dragon Masters, Crusaders, and Black Falcons), then into Kingdoms, and ending at 2013 Castle.  That would be fun.

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I'd really like to play a LEGO Castle game.  Maybe something that takes the player through some of the more popular themes, starting with Classic Castle, moving through the 80's & early 90's (with Forestmen, Wolfpack, Dragon Masters, Crusaders, and Black Falcons), then into Kingdoms, and ending at 2013 Castle.  That would be fun.

Would it take place in the same area? Or different parts of the world at different times?

I personally would enjoy a new Lego Racers game, like the original but with some of the newer and more modern themes (or old themes again).

I love the Worms games, so a Lego game in a very similar style would be great. It could have a character and weapon creator and a level editor in addition to a story mode and multiplayer. The environments would be completely made out of bricks and plates like in Lego Worlds, so that you can destroy chunks of it just like in Worms. Maybe it could include locations and factions from existing Lego themes so that you can pit Pirates against Ninjas, Knights vs. City Police, or Spacemen vs. Friends!:laugh:

On 10/10/2016 at 3:26 AM, Cody Startale said:

Sure, but isn't this a thread for dream LEGO games, as opposed to things we think are likely to happen?

And given that, one of my own dream games that I know full well won't happen but that I'd love if it did would surely be a LEGO My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, complete with corresponding sets.

One more I'd love that's slightly more likely, though still pretty darn improbable, would be LEGO Lucasfilm Adventures, or something like that. It would be a game combining not just Star Wars and Indiana Jones, which of course have had LEGO themes and videogames before, but also Willow, American Grafitti, you name it. One could play through all these stories individually, but also meld them together, play with characters from different LFL properties, etc.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Removal of duplicated material

I want an official Lego Space game. Make it a 3rd person shooter (they could build off of the Force Awakens' shootouts if need be) full of classic and more modern minifigures from the various space lines, like Space Police or Alien Conquest, add in other sci-fi themes' characters like Alpha Team or Ultra Agents, and boom: they just got $60 outa me.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:15 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

I want an official Lego Space game. Make it a 3rd person shooter (they could build off of the Force Awakens' shootouts if need be) full of classic and more modern minifigures from the various space lines, like Space Police or Alien Conquest, add in other sci-fi themes' characters like Alpha Team or Ultra Agents, and boom: they just got $60 outa me.

This sounds like a really neat idea. And imagine if there was a story linking these franchises, like playing through a timeline of the themes and establishing links. After all, Solomon Blaze appears in both Ultra Agents and Galaxy Squad, so stuff like that shows there's a lot of good material here to tell a good story. Now all it needs is DLC for Benny.

I would have to say that my dream game(tm) would be a old school party-based isometric role-playing video game, maybe based off Dungeons & Dragons or GURPS. I think an RPG like GURPS would be a good fit for LEGO because it is also very modular. Just about every possible story setting has a GURPS module made for it. I believe there is also an unofficial LEGO d20 ruleset somewhere on the Web, as well as the BrickWars system.

I'm not a real fan of building models while you're inside the game, however, unless the parts have clearly designated uses/purposes/mass/physics/etc. This doesn't seem to be the case with LEGO Worlds, AFAIK.

I believe RPG Maker is also a good fit for LEGO, but using it you can only make simpler games, as there is nothing like d20 or GURPS for it.

Edited by Dilvish

I'd like a standalone LEGO The Simpsons video game, featuring an original story written by the show's staff and new dialogue provided by Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, and more! I'd give it an ESRB rating of E10+ or T for Teen. Most video games based on The Simpsons bear a Teen rating.

I had an idea a little while ago for a theme of playsets that would be a tie-in for an original, freestyle multiplayer Lego videogame. I described it in depth on this topic back then, and here's how I put it:

Here's a wild idea, how about a action theme that is secondarily a tie-in for an original Lego video game, as opposed to the other way around. Think of the 2002 theme Island Xtreme Stunts, being a line of tie-in products for the videogame of the same name.

Compared to the typical Traveler's Tales Lego games, with their arcade styled set storyline, this game would be more of a freestyled multiplayer adventure game, much like Overwatch or Destiny. The game would feature a plethora of playable heroes, who would all be battle-ready fusions of CMF archetypes. For instance, imagine characters like... Battle LeprechaunRoller Derby CyborgGalactic Pizza Delivery BoyWarthog Suit Guy (a.k.a. an aggressive take on the S12 Piggy Suit Guy), Pastry Chef Ninja (with Rolling pin nunchucks)... you get the idea. :grin:

To start, there would probably be about five to six playsets and a collectable minifigure series to start as tie-in products for the game, with successive waves afterwards depending on how well the game sells. The CMS would be primarily made up of the various playable "fusion" heroes of the game, with most of the game's villains relegated to the theme's playsets.