ElviN

[MOC]Black Jade Pavilion

Black Jade Pavilion

This model presents a typical scene in Chinese royal garden. It is based on a corner view of the famous Summer Palace in Beijing, China. There are two buildings in the scene. The single-level one is named Moyu Xuan, and the other one is called Danxia Ge in Chinese, Which means black jade and rosy cloud. The rockeries in the middle of the model along with lotus in the lake, the whole model represents peace and harmony in Chinese culture.

Some features:

Build on a 32x32 baseplate.

All doors and windows can be opened.

Flare angles of the cornices are fixed by hinge plates which connected to a 1x4 plate with 2 knobs. they are very stable.

All buildings and the tree can be removed easily.

29651600721_68d10cf89b_b.jpgmoyudanxia01 by ElviN, on Flickr

29441801270_48ecfd9ccd_b.jpgmoyudanxia02 by ElviN, on Flickr

29697371046_accfc08448_b.jpgmoyudanxia03 by ElviN, on Flickr

29106136564_397d797f14_b.jpgmoyudanxia04 by ElviN, on Flickr

29621739552_f6e4bce38f_b.jpgmoyudanxia05 by ElviN, on Flickr

29441765510_1ae93629e8_b.jpgmoyudanxia06 by ElviN, on Flickr

For more images and my other creation, please visit my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jxelvin/

C&C are welcome!

One more thing...

Please support Black Jade Pavilion at https://ideas.lego.c...ects/154099

Thank you!

The roofing fits just perfectly! I have no constructive criticism towards this one, as I think you´ve nailed it! Well done!

Captain Becker

Nice! I think the roof might be improved slightly by using inverted arches (30099) instead, so you don't get the 'empty' side showing.

I supported it LEGO ideas because it's cute. I'm a fan of Oriental architecure. So far we saw it only in LEGO samurai 1999. Fans hope that sky pirates -bad guys of ninjagos -Will become  real sets of Oriental pirates. That may be a new wave of the 30 years of pirates.

This is a fantastic build.  It definitely evokes the Chinese architecture that inspired it.  The tree and rock are also well done, as is the overall presentation.

Good job!

Brilliant MOC! I love how you built the roofs! It would be awesome to see this technique in a future Ninjago or Architecture set. The color scheme (red, brown, black, and gold) is also quite lovely!