Veynom

[Custom minifig] 501st Clone Troopers

Far from my usual MOCs, here come my first custom minifigs. They are all based on Star Wars The Clone War serie and the famous 501st Legion

29701166221_a0811b341f_c.jpg

Captain Rex & his clones by Veynom, on Flickr

From left to right: Captain Rex, Sergeant Appo, Kix, Jesse, Dogma, Havoc, Echo.

Rex is the TLC minifig with custom accessories. All other clones mix custom decals, custom helmets, custom weapons, custom pauldrons.

29671121522_fa31bd41c9_c.jpg

Quarter turn right, right! by Veynom, on Flickr

Decals on arms provide real appeal and some are even different.

But admittedly, the medical logo on Krix's arm is not fully correct.

29701168091_55629c14cd_c.jpg

Backview by Veynom, on Flickr

Back view showing again some differences.

29783715345_59ae04fcb4_c.jpg

6 custom clone troopers by Veynom, on Flickr

The 6 custom clones with decals on their torso, back, arms and legs. Jesse has also a custom belt.

Zoom on Dogma:

29145995983_d9919ae6da.jpg

Dogma by Veynom, on Flickr

And now on Kix:

29747838186_a86f054470.jpg

Jesse by Veynom, on Flickr

The Arc Troopers Havoc & Echo:

29491375740_04dcfe5558.jpg

Havoc & Echo by Veynom, on Flickr

And all of my 501st as of today:

29158189153_3a0cea35cc_c.jpg

501st Legion by Veynom, on Flickr

For your info:

- Weapons come from The Little Arms Shop

- Pauldrons come from Cape Madness

- Custom helmets are from Clone Army Custom

- Decals are homemade. I scanned a sticker sheet purchased on eBay then printed (inkjet) it on an empty decal sheet (hard to find). Afterward, I had to apply varnish all over the printed sheet, using a spray (because using a pencil was diluting the color). Once your decal sheet is dry, cut carefully the decals, put them into the water and wait until they slip off their support. Apply carefully on the minifig. I also use Microscale products to ensure that decals can stick to curved surfaces (arms & legs) and on the borders. Finally, I apply one last touch of varnish so that my son can play with them.

I learned a lot during the process and there are a few mistake I will not do anymore. on the bright side, I am now fully equipped to produce a battalion of clones. :)

My army is progressing :mrgreen:

Comments welcome...

Fantastic work!

These clones are works of art.

Would love to see TLG put this much detail into their production minifigs: I'd even be willing to pay a little extra for these as a single figure polybag!

Those are some gorgeous clone troopers you have here (correction; gorgeous is probably not the right word to describe battle-ready killing machines but they're very nice nonetheless). I must say Rex looks a lot better with your mods and Havoc and Echo are my favorites. They all look great though, please keep it up! Note- if you have not already, would you consider developing a collection for another battalion? (i.e. 212th, 104th, etc.) :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm not that into custom clone troopers, but these do definitely look very neat! :classic: