Ahoy, mateys!

Here's my Challenge IV Cat. A entry - witness the return of the dreadful Colonial MinionsTM *evil laughter in the background*

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?!

Somewhere in Terelli... no, it is Tereli... no no no, it must be Terrelli... oh well, never mind...
Somewhere in the capital of Esland... andia. Hmm... no, that's also not quite it, not really simply somewhere in the capital of Eslan... d'oh... ria...
Alright, now: In the office of the Secretary of the Eslandian...doliander...ser... ahh, screw this...
In the office of the secretary of the Green Nation's Navy.

29158234504_a2aca80f44_c.jpg

'Have I made myself clear?' The Green Chief skeptically looked at the guy standing in front of him.
'Why again did I hire him?!' He thought.
'Okay, one more time. Here are two letters. The one in my left hand is meant to be brought directly to the admiral of the Esland... of our fleet. The letter in my right hand is for the chief editor of the Kings Port Advertiser for immediate printing. In short: The letter in my left hand goes to the fleet, the letter in my right hand to the newspaper. Do you understand?'
The guy looked at him with a smile that strangely hadn't changed during the whole conversation – what a weirdo. Oh, sorry for that comment, I'm only the narrator here. Anyways, the guy went '…!'
'Right' the Green Chief now remembered the reason for hiring that fellow. 'You guys don't talk much. Yes, yes, yes. Splendid.'
He couldn't have sent an official courier to the harbor, it was simply too dangerous these days, as there were spies and corrupt officials everywhere. It's Esland... olia after all. Sorry, another narrator comment. Where were we? Right... Dangerous. And the treasure fleet needed to be absolutely safe! So hiring a bunch of weird guys unable to talk as messengers – nobody would suspect a thing. Brilliant!
'Now, get going!'
Confident with his plan, the Green Chief put on a smile, too. 'What could possibly go wrong?!' he thought.

Oh, narrator here – again In case you're wondering what's inside these letters...
Well, the one intended for the admiral contains a map with the route the fleet is meant to take from Nelissa/Nellisa/Nelisa/Nellissa.

29703488111_04cc721dde_c.jpg

And the letter going to the Kings Port Advertiser contains sort of a poster add, reminding every green citizen to keep their mouths shut about state secrets – you know, matters of national security and such, pretty standard these days.

28999920354_c7ebfa5deb_o.png

Oh, narrator here once more, just FYI, that strange yellow fellow dude wasn't alone: It seems there's a whole bunch of – what shall I call them – minions living underneath the city in the sewers. Effing weird, if you ask me. But no one ever does, so, well, just have a look at them, and I'll leave you to it. Narrator out.

29703499031_f1da62de0d_c.jpg

And an overview of the map side:

29749975596_d7f01d61d8_o.png

Last but not least, a detail of the poster side:

29493626090_554c9bf3f6_c.jpg

about:
Well, this was quite some fun bringing back the Colonial MinionsTM. Do they look like guys with a plan to you? Wait and see. You might wanna remember their strange toy for Cat. B :wink:
What else... The poster is based on a WWII awareness poster, a simple google search will surely show it. As always, all parts exist, and the entire structure can be built, I think - it all fits diagonally on a 32x32 plate. With the right amount of clutch power the sewer water and the sea part with the ship should hold in place, as they are attached to the wall and additionally supported by bars.

I hope you enjoy :classic:

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

There are a lot of great features in this build. First off, the story was fun and well written. Secondly, that map looked really cool and realistic to what you might see in the time period. (Sea serpent inclusion was a great touch.) The loose lips poster was excellent and a nice replication of the war propaganda during the Great Wars. Also, I was impressed with how you got it all to fit into the required dimensions. The sewers look so realistic in all the details until we have a bunch of clones. They look up to no good indeed.

Wow, a lot to like here! I love the map, complete with sea monster. And the sinking micro ship (and the water) on the poster is remarkably detailed!

As for the minions, I think I'll go get the popcorn to see what happens next! pir_laugh2.gif

Excellent build! Just incredible!

Ok. Forst of all, I love that intro. And I love that narrator thingie. You know what, I love the whole text! I also love the map (only yesterday I was wondering when someone would make a brick-map of Halos). The backside is even better, I absolutely love that poster! And I love the Minions and their sewers...

Seems I love a big deal of things :wink:

Really nice double-sided triple-layered build! I really like the angles out for the various levels, and the poster on the back is really well done! Great job on the water there particularly!

Do we have a winner here? That is absolutely fab! pirate_laugh_new.gif

So, everything is well with Esl... our country, I assume?

.. and there is a monkey (obviously a leader) in the scene. What is he planning? Are the minions part of the overall Simian-Plan?

pirate_laugh2.gif

What's most fascinating is that, standing like the high tower it is, it is probably within the small size restrictions of the challenge. Impressive.

Also it's great, absolutely great to look at. The map is perfectly executed, but that sinking ship is just more than beautiful. It's perfect. Amazing work.

Yeah! KB and it minions are back with a bang! I had tons of fun with both the narration and the builds! Especially the map and the poster were out-worldly catchy! Go minions, do your things and bring us some Esland...whatever green money!!!