scynox

[MOC] Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to build a Gallardo to put it on my desk but I could not find something to my liking on web so decided to have some try on it.

Sorry another boring supercar topic...

Here is a real one first:

112_0707_01z-2007_lamborghini_gallardo_superleggera-front_three_quarter_view.jpg

My Scale

800x376.jpg

length has some issue but other than that seems to be in scale, height from ground is one stud higher but car clearance is 1 stud higher as well which offsets when suspension is compressed.

Best if you open it in big screen/size from bricksafe

My Car

800x450.jpg

A quick comparison with an orange 42022

800x450.jpg

Functions:

* 4 wheel drive (unswitchable, has central differential but became useless as switch is never disabled)

* independent suspension, 1 hard spring (yellow) on each wheel

* scissors doors openable by a small gear under the car

* 4 speed sequential gearbox: operated by gear lever at 4 positions (front: 1, back: 4)

ratios (1 to 4): 27/45 , 15/45 , 9/45 , 5/45 before differentials. input is wheels, output is fake engine

* Hand Of God steering at cockpit with working steering wheel

* Ackermann steering geometry

* V10 fake engine

Features:

* Orange

* size in studs: 58 L, 27 W, 17 H

* size in cm: 45.5 L, 22.5 W, 14 H

* Spoiler

* Fake disk brakes (in red, hardly visible from outside)

Credits:

* Sariel's Scaler

* Pvdb's Koenigsegg One:1 90degree axle stopper for gearbox sequential shifter.

* 42056's Sequential Gearbox :)

Rest is pictures:

Front:

800x450.jpg

Back:

800x450.jpg

Side:

800x450.jpg

The double black thin 4L and the LBG towball pin is the gear lever. At front position it is gear 1, at back position it is gear 4, at different positions in the between are gears 2 and 3. Way simple than what the car deserves :(

1st gear:

800x450.jpg

4th gear:

800x450.jpg

Scissors doors, here you can see some nice looking seats as well :) it uses small turntable

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Operating gear for doors and its mechanism, the black 20T gear opens and closes the door with the worm so door stays closed or opened:

Ground clearance is more than the car have to in scale so even a big finger can operate it from under car

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Ground clearance, more than I expected I admit. That is why car is 1 stud higher, about 2.5 studs unfortunately:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Gearbox from bottom, very similar to 42056

800x450.jpg

Gearbox switch mechanism, Pvdb's stopper here, twin yellow 2L with rubber:

800x450.jpg

V10 fake engine, didnot close its surrounding on purpose

800x450.jpg

Axles, back is a 42029 style, front is a custom one I made but nothing complex. my req was to make it low height and allow Ackermann steering. Red things are fake brake discs:)

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Bottom view:

800x450.jpg

Top view with a non-lego flex axle (26.5 stud length) and a regular black (19+7) one. sorry for different photo direction (the one from back of car to front windshield connector on roof)

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Things I dont like:

* non-lego flex axles. at rear wheel arches I used 19L non-lego flex axles. when I get 42056 will be solved.

* windshield is not very stable so sometimes due to the flexes it reshapes itself.

* ground clearance is 1stud higher so makes looks bad, I thought suspensions would be compressed but no, they did not. back acts very cool and easy but raises to top position when released, front is very hard.

* front does not look like a Gallardo, I might do a remake, also lights are something I made up.

* Seat vs steering wheel position, terrible!! Also interior is very dull.

* I made a choice to make my own door design so I did not go for other very good examples from you people and as a result to that doors' opening system makes car ugly when they are closed (the big open part at front of #13/#14 panels). I had a different design but it did not work due to space issues, maybe later.

* Gearbox is flawless and terrible!! I will post about it separately in a different thread. Problem: you build the same gearbox 2 times and one works flawlessly, other stalls at first gear causing gears to grind.

* no turbo pipes! I forgot to add them and now I cannot as I need to remove many things.

* I had a wonderful idea to put an airbrake but space issues again (I could join TC10 :D). I put a spoiler instead.

* Illegal connections? only a few very little bending of liftarms for angular connections. Nothing causing a stress and damage, my lego is expensive.

* Only place to hold and lift the car is bottom unfortunately :( it will not break into pieces immediately though if you try to hold from other places.

* Not everything is connected very stable due to angles. I had no solution in most cases.

* TLG, make 9L orange liftarms common again please!!

Color choices:

new 13x3 panel limits almost every color but still orange can be used with black or white car perhaps.

* Black, works like a charm, every piece I used in orange could be found black in new sets.

* White, similar to black but there are a few pieces not in white or non common (axle connector and 135 degree connector, and the 13x3 panel)

* Red,if you have the #3 connector then again almost every piece can be swapped.

* Blue, yellow, green, I hardly think they are available, maybe from old sets.

Additional photos are at: Bricksafe folder

Cheers

I like the doors and red brake pads, creative! I feel like the roof has too little going on to show the shape. Good job overall.

It looks amazing, it is full of details, i hope you can get the 42056 to give more details to it, despite not having all the required pieces you have made and excellent work so far.

Hah, nice break pads, I made sthe exact same ones recently. If you want to lower the ground clearance you can always use weaker springs that are more compressed. The suspension may become bottomed out but at least you will achieve the look.

Strangely the first picture makes the front look too steeply angled and too tall at the front, but it looks spot-on in the other pics. Would take this over a 42056 any day.

Sorry another boring supercar topic...

Are you kidding?? For my taste this forum is getting boring with too few supercars (we should change it ;-) !)

Thanks for sharing! Sorry if I missed some information, but did you build it from 42056 only?

Yes, we desperately need 9L beams and trillions of new orange panels & parts!

Edited by brunojj1

Are you kidding?? For my taste this forum is getting boring with too few supercars (we should change it ;-) !)

+1

I'm always checking this forum for Supercars.

Edited by Lox Lego

thanks for comments guys.

If I remake it I will test with soft spring but it might be too soft. I dont want to disassemble it until I create LXF (1/3 done, in progress).

Roof is a little high on front because of the 2 black liftarms to stabilize the roof. You can see to 2 black liftarms going up between the seats (almost like 75 degree angle). They rise the roof to a large angle which makes too high, pivot for movement is the 3x7 curved panel's (#3) black hole you see just behind seat. If I remove liftarms then roof looks very nice but very flimsy and not static, any unintended hit on roof changes the shape of car. I will look into this issue. Another cause is the 8L black axles on windshield, round pin connectors can solve it but I prefer a single 8L axle to match the long 26L flex to back :)

800x450.jpg

I dont have 42056 but bricklinked some items to test a few things. After I liked the panels I decided to buy 42056 and waiting it to show up in my stores.

Note about front: according to the scale I used, car front is short actually. Maybe photo angles make it look bad or the 19L flex not connecting the vertical axle connector?