rmoore

My (mostly) studless 10179 modification

So after moving and taking apart my Bricklinked 10179, I decided to rebuild it while trying to smooth out the look of it on the top. All of the extra pieces added a few more pounds and around 1200 or so pieces to it's already hefty frame. Really happy with the way it turned out!

http://imgur.com/a/IQxp7

Nice - looks good, I'm still lacking the space to even think about BL'ing one of these....but when I do I may emulate this look...time to start saving those tiles...

I've been thinking of doing the same thing and I must say, it looks great!

Very nice! Maybe they'll do an re-issue with this upgrade to the look so we can enjoy more than just your great pictures! :laugh:

This looks great. Studless can work great on MOCs and this is a fantastic example of how to achieve it on such a large scale build... specially one that has so many curves thought it.

I don't see Lego replicating this though... they've always maintained that the stud is integral to who they are and should always be visible.

Great work on this anyway.... It's definitely something I'd consider if I were to ever BL a 10179 of my own.

Wow! Stunning to say the very least. Might give my BL version a shot slowly. :) Thank you for the inspiration.

That looks really nice and sleek... i like it a lot! You could also add a little "shabby" look by adding some tiles in old gray (or even yellowed) Tiles.

Great work, great inspiration.

That's a beauty. I love it even more than the original UCS. I am not a fan of excessive amount of studs. You did great!

Miro

It makes it look so much more polished.  I really like it.  I wouldn't have guessed it would take that many pieces but it was worth it. 

Edited by Schneeds