Sign in to follow this  
MacK

[MOC] Viking Ship Dreki

Greetings!

I usually build military or sci-fi models, but I thought that my old Viking minifigs could do with a proper ship. Hence I built "Dreki".

"Dreki" is Old Norse for Dragon.

29692526436_6c2689cf88_z.jpg

Dreki by Tyler, on Flickr

29692529186_673fde0c43_z.jpg

Viking Ship - Dreki by Tyler, on Flickr

29692525546_33281cb839_z.jpg

Dreki by Tyler, on Flickr

There are a few more photos on my Flickr.

Thank you for looking.

Thank you all for the comments!

Even though it might not be 100% accurate I like it! Very creative build and the figureah is indeed great!

Thanks, Captain Green Hair. For my own information, are there any major inaccuracies that you see? I did some research while building, but I'm curious if I missed something obvious.

Very nicely done! I like the SNOT angled plates used to help create the hull's shape :thumbup: Featured on brickbuilt :classic:

Thanks for the mention on your blog, I appreciate it!

Edited by MacK

This longboat is really well made! And its all custom and made whit bricks. I must say that overall, this is quite accurate, a bit too narrow maby? But thats just ideal for rivers.

Captain Becker

On 9/20/2016 at 1:01 PM, Captain Becker said:

This longboat is really well made! And its all custom and made whit bricks. I must say that overall, this is quite accurate, a bit too narrow maby? But thats just ideal for rivers.

Captain Becker

Thank you Captain Becker!

Dreki might be a little narrow, but in order to fix that, I think I would have add an outward curve to the sides of the ship, since right now the middle section is straight. However, doing that might be a little bit out of my building ability :pir-laugh:      

Awesome custom build! I love vikings and there was an old set that Lego released of a viking ship but it's so rare and too expensive to buy from ebay.

Edited by Lord Sith Lego

On 9/29/2016 at 10:38 AM, BrickHat said:

Looks pretty sweet! Are all of those official Vikings shields?

Yes they are official Viking shields!

On 10/6/2016 at 3:59 PM, Lord Sith Lego said:

Awesome custom build! I love vikings and there was an old set that Lego released of a viking ship but it's so rare and too expensive to buy from ebay.

I bought that old ship when it was released, and it's where a lot of the crew for Dreki came from.

Great job, it looks excellent!  The shaping works well, as does the figurehead.  :thumbup:  The sail and mini figure posing are also really good!

3 hours ago, BrickCurve said:

Great job, it looks excellent!  The shaping works well, as does the figurehead.  :thumbup:  The sail and mini figure posing are also really good!

Thanks! Dreki was my first time making sails. It was a fun experience.