Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

3 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I think it starts 12:00 eastern time zone right? thats what i saw on reddit. You could use a converter

In North America, the promo starts at midnight eastern standard time. 

One thing that needs to be pointed out in this promotion is the use of the word "any". This means to me that I can order a $5.99 Star Wars key chain and receive the promo currently worth upwards to $50.00. On top of that Lego.com is currently has free shipping until 30 Sept. So for a single order of one key chain, I will receive an item worth about 8x it's value. Unless Lego is doing a better job at screening orders, the Brickpicker crowd will jam the site starting at midnight with single key chain orders. Sure, there is the possibility of all your orders get cancelled and possible banishment but the bottom line is that Lego.com will be jammed from the get-go and the promo quickly wiped-out. I'm sure some computer smart guy has his order-bot programmed and ready to go. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't understand how Lego could make such an obvious blunder.

19 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

In North America, the promo starts at midnight eastern standard time. 

One thing that needs to be pointed out in this promotion is the use of the word "any". This means to me that I can order a $5.99 Star Wars key chain and receive the promo currently worth upwards to $50.00. On top of that Lego.com is currently has free shipping until 30 Sept. So for a single order of one key chain, I will receive an item worth about 8x it's value. Unless Lego is doing a better job at screening orders, the Brickpicker crowd will jam the site starting at midnight with single key chain orders. Sure, there is the possibility of all your orders get cancelled and possible banishment but the bottom line is that Lego.com will be jammed from the get-go and the promo quickly wiped-out. I'm sure some computer smart guy has his order-bot programmed and ready to go. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't understand how Lego could make such an obvious blunder.

I don't think that's ever happened before. I don't think it's time to panic yet.

StarWars.com is reporting that Walmart stores in the U.S. will be offering a "Free take-home LEGO X-Wing giveaway pack" this weekend. I'd love to know more, as there are no pictures listed.

It almost seems to me that they don't even really want to promo this movie outside of the US that much...You guys there have a new rumor or announcement every day to talk about, while Europe is just guessing. It doesn't make sense to me, why on earth they wouldn't announce the promotions even 3 days before the event...And it's not just the LEGO shop, the only big toy chain here ,TRU doesn't have any info either. neither in Germany, nor in Switzerland, and the French TRU site only has an Advent Calendar promo....I just saw some RO toys casually scattered around a store in Germany last weekend (no LEGO though), no fuss, no standee, nothing. They were just hidden in a forest of TFA toys. (And on another note, these neutral black/ slightly green packages don't really stand out next to the TFA reds)

I'm feeling kinda left out of things here.

13 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

StarWars.com is reporting that Walmart stores in the U.S. will be offering a "Free take-home LEGO X-Wing giveaway pack" this weekend. I'd love to know more, as there are no pictures listed.

So Saturday and Sunday?

Interesting. Sounds like a polybag, but the word "pack" throws me off.

I asked my local Lego store about the promo and they said that the keychains will not be available for sale during the promo at the store. Could prevent obvious scalpers 

On 26 September 2016 at 0:26 PM, Exetrius said:

That's interesting. It seems that Hoth Bricks, who previously reported a rumour of five(!) FO stormie polybags, has updated their article. It speaks of one polybag instead and also triple VIP points, just like you said

It would be nice to get official confirmation, but 5 FO stormies did sound too good to be true...

Most likely no Force Friday shopping for me then.

2 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I asked my local Lego store about the promo and they said that the keychains will not be available for sale during the promo at the store. Could prevent obvious scalpers 

Any clue as to whether or not that applies to shop at home as well, and/or if this is a policy all Lego stores will have?

Edited by BrickHat

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Any clue as to whether or not that applies to shop at home as well, and/or if this is a policy all Lego stores will have?

No idea sadly. The Lego Store also told me they expected to stock 200 Revan figures that day at their location. I don't know if this applies to all stores.

22 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

No idea sadly. The Lego Store also told me they expected to stock 200 Revan figures that day at their location. I don't know if this applies to all stores.

Well if its 200 for one store imagine how many there will before online. 

50 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Hmmm, OK, thanks for all of the info. Hoping my local Lego store doesn't run out of these. I'd love to have 2!

The promo indicates only one item per household, and the people packing orders at shop@home are not imbeciles, meaning scalpers won't have their way unless they have a profesionnal network with a lot of adresses. ( Meaning little Jimmy can't make 50 different orders on keychains at the same adress, he'll get a warning and his orders merged into one. )

I thoroughly recomend waiting at midnight though, Lego has a bad history with online stocks on release mixed with these kind of promos. 

3 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The promo indicates only one item per household, and the people packing orders at shop@home are not imbeciles, meaning scalpers won't have their way unless they have a profesionnal network with a lot of adresses. ( Meaning little Jimmy can't make 50 different orders on keychains at the same adress, he'll get a warning and his orders merged into one. )

I thoroughly recomend waiting at midnight though, Lego has a bad history with online stocks on release mixed with these kind of promos. 

Take that little Jimmy!

Your not scalping them all this time!

19 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Yeah, they do have a pretty bad history of running out of stock too early. Are there really that many of us? :tongue:

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Take that little Jimmy!

Your not scalping them all this time!

I have 3 adresses... could also ask all my friendly neighboors to accept packages for me, resulting in 12 adresses. Should I become a scalper? :grin:

Might have to pickup the advent calendar for the free revan.  I was planning on getting the advent calendar this year anyways so the free revan would be a plus.

Nothing Star Wars at TRU. They have 4 minfigure sets with 4 figures per set for Bricktober.

Week 1 : Musicians

Week 2 : Warriors

Week 3: Athletes

Week 4: Cops and Robbers

3 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Nothing Star Wars at TRU. They have 4 minfigure sets with 4 figures per set for Bricktober.

Well they have starwars evens. just not lego

Still no official avertissement on shop@home, it seems that they want to keep this promo low profile ( or having problems with the new website, which is likely ). 

3 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Taken from Rebelscum "Collectors in the US can now get a free poly-bagged First Order General mining (5004406) with a $30 purchase of LEGO Star Wars. The offer is only valid to October 1st, so if you are keen for the new LEGO Rogue One sets you can time your purchase with Force Friday. Any stock left after this date will be put on general sale for $4.99."

TRU is also giving away an exclusive poster and t-shirt. This is CONUS, not sure about OCONUS.

2 hours ago, ISDAvenger said:

Taken from Rebelscum "Collectors in the US can now get a free poly-bagged First Order General mining (5004406) with a $30 purchase of LEGO Star Wars. The offer is only valid to October 1st, so if you are keen for the new LEGO Rogue One sets you can time your purchase with Force Friday. Any stock left after this date will be put on general sale for $4.99."

TRU is also giving away an exclusive poster and t-shirt. This is CONUS, not sure about OCONUS.

So... If you purchase $30 in Lego Star Wars on Friday you'll get both polybags???