Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

Stayed up till mindnight to get the triple points and stormtrooper, my wallet has taken a serious hit ? 

Decided to buy all the rogue one sets as well as a few other bits, disappointed that the hovertank isn't available at this moment to complete the set. Though I'm sure I can just pick that up later. 

Well, went for the Death Star at triple points as I figured if I was ever going to buy it then this was the best time to do it. Considered the RO stuff but figure that will be available at a discount from other retailers in a few months and also looked at the UCS Tie Fighter but decided I can wait on that and use the £60 of VIP points from the Death Star towards it.

12 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm with you here. There are no surprises surrounding the sets - there have been official images for weeks. What possible business sense can it make to not advertise the special promotions you're going to have available. If other people are anything like me, there'll want to work out a plan of when and where to buy the sets to maximise offers. TLG and TRU keeping it a big surprise just means people will shop elsewhere. 

Probably so people don't hog all of the Revans.

EDIT 3: And searching S@H for "5002123" or "Revan" returns nothing, so they're obviously keeping it *really* low key.

3 hours ago, madroskylo77 said:

Keep getting unexpected error every time I try to pay...I am afraid to keep pressing next in case I get charged 5 times for the same thing

I'm getting that too! But I'm in the UK right now using a US card to send to my parents' house in America so I can get Revan. When I clicked "submit", I got a "Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred! Please contact customer service" and it took me straight back to the Shop@Home home page, with the items still in my bag.

Oops! and I clicked to check out and my bag was magically empty!

And now the option to use some (all) of my VIP points has disappeared!

I don't want to check out again in case I get 2 droid escapes. Though to have 2 Revans would be nice. I think I'll keep a look out for a confirmation email and charge to my bank account before I try anything else.

EDIT: I closed and reopened the S@H page and now I only have 2 VIP points, so obviously something did happen... which means I have something concrete to complain about in case my droid escape and Revan don't reach my parents' house!

EDIT 2: Now my bank account has a card hold for the amount of the transaction, which is good.

Edited by jamesn

On 9/26/2016 at 4:59 PM, pittpenguin123 said:

I think it starts 12:00 eastern time zone right? thats what i saw on reddit. You could use a converter

In North America, the promo starts at midnight eastern standard time. 

One thing that needs to be pointed out in this promotion is the use of the word "any". This means to me that I can order a $5.99 key chain and receive the promo currently worth upwards to $50.00. On top of that Lego.com is currently has free shipping until 30 Sept. So for a single order of one keychain, I will receive an item worth about 8x it's value. Unless Lego is doing a better job at screening orders, the Brickpicker crowd will be will jam the site starting at midnight with single keychain orders. Sure, there is the possibility of all your orders get cancelled and possible banishment but the bottom line is that Lego.com will be jammed from the get-go and the promo quickly wiped-out. 

It's 5:02 AM and my one order is still "procssing". I hate it when I'm right. :hmpf_bad:

I know the Lego Liverpool store has triple points on Star Wars items today and purchases include one of the First Order Stormtrooper polys... not 5.

Just now, jamesn said:

I'm getting that too! But I'm in the UK right now using a US card to send to my parents' house in America so I can get Revan. When I clicked "submit", I got a "Sorry! An unexpected error has occurred! Please contact customer service" and it took me straight back to the Shop@Home home page, with the items still in my bag.

Oops! and I clicked to check out and my bag was magically empty!

And now the option to use some (all) of my VIP points has disappeared!

I don't want to check out again in case I get 2 droid escapes. Though to have 2 Revans would be nice. I think I'll keep a look out for a confirmation email and charge to my bank account before I try anything else.

EDIT: I closed and reopened the S@H page and now I only have 2 VIP points, so obviously something did happen... which means I have something concrete to complain about in case my droid escape and Revan don't reach my parents' house!

EDIT 2: Now my bank account has a card hold for the amount of the transaction, which is good.

Glad you were able to go through the transaction ;)

I am at my wit's end with this crap, I've been trying and trying for more than 5 hours and still no luck. I've refreshed the site multiple times, I've tried different  credit cards..nothing!! At this point I am mortified that if I check my bank account, there will be a hold of well over 1,000$...that's how many times I've tried to make this happen..Now I have to wait until customer service actually opens in the U.S. to get some sense of things. It's really frustrating to say the least!

Sorry for the long rant guys!

Edit: Just to be clear, I haven't been able to reach the point where I submit my order. I get the error message right after I put my payment details and click next, so I am hoping that I haven't actually been charged anything so far

Edited by madroskylo77

Can anyone help me out? The sets all say coming soon and I'm east coast. Tried calling customer service but they were closed. 

19 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

Edit: Just to be clear, I haven't been able to reach the point where I submit my order. I get the error message right after I put my payment details and click next, so I am hoping that I haven't actually been charged anything so far

I was getting the red error banner across the top of my screen but it disappeared after a few seconds so I just kept clicking "next" as the pages came... and then there was the whole palava with an error after I hit "submit" and taking me back to the home page with a full bag... but I just waited. Very weird that you can't even submit... perhaps wait until the error goes away like I did?

I feel sorry for you (and everyone, including me) because this new S@H experience seems riddled with bugs and it's not desperately clear if and when transactions have gone through.

18 minutes ago, joeyl19 said:

Can anyone help me out? The sets all say coming soon and I'm east coast. Tried calling customer service but they were closed. 

Very strange... now you mention it, they are "Coming Soon" for me. But I wanted to get a set that was already available, so that wasn't an issue for me. Those sets were supposed to be released today, not tomorrow, yes?

6 minutes ago, jamesn said:

I was getting the red error banner across the top of my screen but it disappeared after a few seconds so I just kept clicking "next" as the pages came... and then there was the whole palava with an error after I hit "submit" and taking me back to the home page with a full bag... but I just waited. Very weird that you can't even submit... perhaps wait until the error goes away like I did?

I feel sorry for you (and everyone, including me) because this new S@H experience seems riddled with bugs and it's not desperately clear if and when transactions have gone through.

Very strange... now you mention it, they are "Coming Soon" for me. But I wanted to get a set that was already available, so that wasn't an issue for me. Those sets were supposed to be released today, not tomorrow, yes?

Yeah, they come out today. I really want revan so I just purchased an empire battle pack because I can't deal with this. 

1 minute ago, jamesn said:

Weird. Glad you get Revan out of it anyway though.

Thanks, but the order still says processing. I wouldn't count on anything yet…

Anyone in EU has been to a TRU personally? It's not quite clear to me if the FO general minifig applies to store purchases as well, or just online orders...

2 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

In North America, the promo starts at midnight eastern standard time. 

One thing that needs to be pointed out in this promotion is the use of the word "any". This means to me that I can order a $5.99 key chain and receive the promo currently worth upwards to $50.00. On top of that Lego.com is currently has free shipping until 30 Sept. So for a single order of one keychain, I will receive an item worth about 8x it's value. Unless Lego is doing a better job at screening orders, the Brickpicker crowd will be will jam the site starting at midnight with single keychain orders. Sure, there is the possibility of all your orders get cancelled and possible banishment but the bottom line is that Lego.com will be jammed from the get-go and the promo quickly wiped-out. 

It's 5:02 AM and my one order is still "procssing". I hate it when I'm right. :hmpf_bad:

I ordered a little after midnight and my order said processing too.  We'll I just woke up and now my order says I  warehouse.  I also ordered a Keychain to get the free revan.

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

T&Cs in S@H state its one figure per household.

It usually says that, but it has never been enforced on my orders. Might have changed with the new shop though.

Anyone had luck with Walmart promo? Hoping it doesn't require a purchase.

barnes & noble doing a SW build tomorrow too. 

1 hour ago, brobert said:

Anyone in EU has been to a TRU personally? It's not quite clear to me if the FO general minifig applies to store purchases as well, or just online orders...

I've been in the UK - no FO General or any other Star Wars offers (though I did get a scary looking giraffe build for spending +£40).  They had all the sets, but not the K-2SO buildable figure.  There was actually quite a poor selection of RO toys there - some 3.75 figures, those Funko things and lightsabers but that was it.  I overheard the manager questioning a member of staff about the 6" figures but apparently they hadn't been delivered.  There wasn't even a RO display, the stock was all under a Capt. America banner.  Bit disappointed to not get the General.

Sorry, this has gone way off topic - I grabbed the U-wing and Hovertank - looking forward to building tonight.  Also ordered Krennic's shuttle from S@H. Waiting for other sets to show on Amazon as I have vouchers.

22 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I've been in the UK - no FO General or any other Star Wars offers (though I did get a scary looking giraffe build for spending +£40).  They had all the sets, but not the K-2SO buildable figure.  There was actually quite a poor selection of RO toys there - some 3.75 figures, those Funko things and lightsabers but that was it.  I overheard the manager questioning a member of staff about the 6" figures but apparently they hadn't been delivered.  There wasn't even a RO display, the stock was all under a Capt. America banner.  Bit disappointed to not get the General.

Sorry, this has gone way off topic - I grabbed the U-wing and Hovertank - looking forward to building tonight.  Also ordered Krennic's shuttle from S@H. Waiting for other sets to show on Amazon as I have vouchers.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of...this whole Rogue Friday is a bit of a letdown in Europe... :(

Ordered the advent calendar and got my Revan. Like many others I got an error but I also got a confirmation email. Says In Warehouse, so I'm good I think. I'm saving most of my purchases for Black Friday so I can get the snowglobe.

Sadly we'll just have to give it time: the guys in charge of this f$#&* up ( at least for the Canadian and US shop@home ) but there's nothing we can do about it right now.

I'll refresh and post if the RO sets are available.