Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

7 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I'm just going to say if you go to /r/Lego try not to mention revan 

People are getting down voted like crazy because they said they got something when they missed out on revan. It's gone total toxic jealousy mode again 

So, they're getting downvoted, because even though they didn't get Revan either, they got something else, while some people walked away with no Revan and no replacement? That's crazy...

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

So, they're getting downvoted, because even though they didn't get Revan either, they got something else, while some people walked away with no Revan and no replacement? That's crazy...

Yah Imentioned how some people for a sorry you missed out gift and I got downvoted like crazy. 

The people who mistakenly submitted multiple orders, did all of them go through with Revans? Sadly I think Lego's website error probably caused the Revans to run out faster.

21 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Yah Imentioned how some people for a sorry you missed out gift and I got downvoted like crazy. 

Could it be that some of those people are kids? I can't really explain the kind of comments I've read there...

Edited by BrickHat

The promo was a mitigated disaster:

Here's what went right:

-Shop@home was available at midnight.

Here's what went wrong:

-Shop@home is a laggy mess, amplified by the number of users clogging the system. Orders seemed stuck at processing. 

-Rogue One sets were available 9 hours plus from the time the promo was put in effect.

-By the time RO sets were there Revan was gone.

2 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The promo was a mitigated disaster

While I'll agree that the site is a mess right now I'd have to argue that this was the easiest promo to get hold of (at least in the 5ish years I've been buying Lego).

The free shipping and no minimum purchase meant that I was able to buy a keychain (which was on sale even!) for $5 and still get the Revan.  So for $5.20 including tax I got a keychain and this very cool figure shipped to my door.  The checkout process was busted but in the end I can't complain, this was much less painless than most promotions.

It does stink that the RO sets weren't live at midnight though.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

The people who mistakenly submitted multiple orders, did all of them go through with Revans? Sadly I think Lego's website error probably caused the Revans to run out faster.

Could it be that some of those people are kids? I can't really explain the kind of comments I've read there...

I'd say that the majority of them are kids. If ever I see stampy-feet tantruming I'll assume the user is between 6 and 13 yrs old and didn't get what they wanted from mummy and daddy. If, by some amazing surprise, they're above 14 and approaching adulthood I'd hope they grow up quickly.

19 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Did anyone make it out to one of Walmart's Lego events over the weekend? I'm curious about what the X-Wing giveaway was.

I saw somewhere (maybe on /r/lego), that it was the Poe's X-wing polybag that was the giveaway.

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

The promo was a mitigated disaster:

Here's what went right:

-Shop@home was available at midnight.

Here's what went wrong:

-Shop@home is a laggy mess, amplified by the number of users clogging the system. Orders seemed stuck at processing. 

-Rogue One sets were available 9 hours plus from the time the promo was put in effect.

-By the time RO sets were there Revan was gone.

Yeah I wanted to order the hover tank and ended up with Kanans speeder instead because I panicked and wanted to make sure I got revan

I'm surprised there was no minimum spend in US for the promo. Got my UK order yesterday (don't get me started on the quality of Yodel's courier service). However, I also got a free Spider-Man jumper poly bag, so that was a nice surprise.

Yep, I got the Spiderman polybag as well.

Kind of surprised, ordered the Death Star and they shipped two parcels, one of which was just contained two free polybags, Death Star did seem to be in it's own special shipping box though, so maybe it's just cheaper and easier for them to send it out like that rather than taking it out of that box and sticking it in a different one to ship along with other stuff.

I would have been very disappointed with a Spiderman polybag, but Spiderman is a dime a dozen. Though even Spidey is better than nothing I suppose. I did receive my order order yesterday and it had everything I ordered, including the Revan figure. 

Got my midnight order through yesterday which I thought was really quick shipping. Got the FO stormtrooper polybag and the Spider-Man polybag too. It's actually got some useful parts. As always, I had zero issues with the S@H site. 

After getting the FO Trooper poly with my AT-ST I went back in the Sunday and bought the Death Star. I was given another FO Trooper, a tiger poly and a Lego Associate poly bag. I've not seen one of the associate bags before... does anyone know where they originated?

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Does anyone know why they might have included the Spider-man figure?

They are doing that for quite some time now (got mine with the Disney Castle early September). I guess they have many leftover polybags and just add them to any order. 

I had my second shipping notification today following one from the 3rd October, both for the same order! :laugh:

In addition, the order total had increased by £10 from the previous one... perhaps a little makeover of the S@H website may be required.  Hopefully they'll fix it in time for 'Brick Friday' otherwise it's likely to collapse from the surge of traffic!

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

After getting the FO Trooper poly with my AT-ST I went back in the Sunday and bought the Death Star. I was given another FO Trooper, a tiger poly and a Lego Associate poly bag. I've not seen one of the associate bags before... does anyone know where they originated?

Got a photo of it? 

2 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Got a photo of it? 

Having had a bit of a look round it looks like it's been a promo in the US previously. It's a Lego Store Employee although it was described as a Lego Associate when they put it in the bag. I've still not got bag out of the boot of my car so the Death Star and the additional polybags are still there since Sunday.

Here is some info about the Lego Store Employee minifig. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Store_Employee
I think I got 3 of these at the lego store with the coupons from the calender. I live in the US.

My online order is due to arrive at my parent's house tomorrow, and I hope to be there sometime late tomorrow night or Saturday morning. I am pumped! I want to have Revan in my hands! 

Customer service got back to me, apparently AU/NZ was only supposed to have double points. But since I only got single points and no polybag they gave me bonus points to put it up to triple and sent a stormtrooper separately.

Don't think I sounded complainy (to them - on here however...) TLG has pretty good customer service when you contact them.