Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

Got revan in-store. So that's still one alternative if you have a store close by. 

Edit: IL US ~1130AM.

Edited by Dhivael

Just now, Dhivael said:

Got revan in-store. So that's still one alternative if you have a store close by. 

What state do you live in? What time did you drop by at? I'm trying to think if I should go to my local store but I can only go in the afternoon.

2 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

What state do you live in? What time did you drop by at? I'm trying to think if I should go to my local store but I can only go in the afternoon.

You can always call the store before you head over there. In my past experience, they would tell me if they had any promo items left but not how many.

3 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

You can always call the store before you head over there. In my past experience, they would tell me if they had any promo items left but not how many.

Hmmm, the how many would be good to know, just to see if it's worth the trip... Anyways, thanks for the tip. I might give it a try.

Just came from my local Lego Store. Picked up the Advent Calendar along with a free Revan, also some Nexo Knight promotion. 

We will see if my S@H order goes through from last night with no issues.

Now to wait until Sunday.

So I had a Darth Vader keychain in my cart since Monday.  I was figuring even if the free shipping promo ended I would gladly pay the extra shipping costs to get a Revan.  Anyways 9pm PST goes by because I forgot about it, ended up signing in 20 minutes later and the Revan promo is in my cart, was able to go through check out all the way to the end and the "order processing" keeps on going for 5+ minutes.  Feeling defeated, I closed the window but 30 minutes later I get a confirmation email from S&H.  Curious to see what happened, I check the order status page this morning and both the keychain and Revan are "In Warehouse" so hopefully this sticks.  

Was amazed I was still able to get one 20 minutes in.  Looks like the high resale price for Revan will continue even after this promo.

Hopefully tonight the Nexo Knights promo will bleed over so we can get double VIP + nexo + advent calendar in one order.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by grymg

1 minute ago, grymg said:

So I had a Darth Vader keychain in my cart since Monday.  I was figuring even if the free shipping promo ended I would gladly pay the extra shipping costs to get a Revan.  Anyways 9pm PST goes by because I forgot about it, ended up signing in 20 minutes later and the Revan promo is in my cart, was able to go through check out all the way to the end and the "order processing" keeps on going for 5+ minutes.  Feeling defeated, I closed the window but 30 minutes later I get a confirmation email from S&H.  Curious to see what happened, I check the order status page and both the keychain and Revan are "In Warehouse" so hopefully this sticks.  

Was amazed I was still able to get one 20 minutes in.  Looks like the high resale price for Revan will continue even after this promo.

Yeah, that's consistent with most people's experiences here. It's just the website being buggy.

In case anyone's interested, I was in TRU in Switzerland, and the FO general is also available in store, not just online, only they haven't packed out their stock yet...

A large number of people who wanted Revan were able to get one, so I imagine that will reduce the demand, which should in turn reduce the prices.  And we're not sure exactly how many of these are available now, but the estimate is around 140k orders, I'd estimate at least 100k Revans new to the market.  Even if 75% of people keep them, that's still 25k new Revans for sale.  That should drop prices (as long as they aren't all in the hands of scalpers who will artificially inflate demand by reducing how much of their supply is available at any given time).

I managed to get a few Revans myself, but I really want to see that price come down for those that weren't able to get one.

13 minutes ago, grymg said:

Do we have any idea when exactly they ran out of Revan? I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get one at ~5am EST today.

I've just had a disappointing trip to my toys r us in Leicester UK. Sadly no general poly. Apparently they knew nothing about it. Has anybody had success in the UK?

Went to my local LEGO store and got there before they unlocked the doors.  Not many people waiting, so I didn't have to hurry to the register to get Revan.  Got the Hovertank and I got a Revan.  They also threw in a free Ultimate Lavaria NEXO Knights figure pack.  The AT-ST box is very small by the way.

Edited by JPN366

2 minutes ago, Ellteltoone said:

I've just had a disappointing trip to my toys r us in Leicester UK. Sadly no general poly. Apparently they knew nothing about it. Has anybody had success in the UK?

I've not heard anything about a General poly in the UK. Just the First Order Trooper poly at the Lego store with any SW purchase. Was the General poly confirmed by anyone?

Just now, Robianco said:

I've not heard anything about a General poly in the UK. Just the First Order Trooper poly at the Lego store with any SW purchase. Was the General poly confirmed by anyone?

Isn't the FO General supposed to be at TRU in the US?

Just now, JPN366 said:

It was and is.

Just now, JPN366 said:

That's very possible. I'd just not heard anything in the UK. I think the last couple of polys at TRU in the UK have also shown up on the website.

11 minutes ago, jamesn said:

Do we have any idea when exactly they ran out of Revan? I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get one at ~5am EST today.

I think it was around 8-9 am EST, if you look at the messages of this topic and the times.

11 minutes ago, jamesn said:

I saw on another forum that people were still able to get Revan with their orders around 6 AM EDT this morning, but he was sold out shortly after that.

Just now, JPN366 said:

Yes, FO General is GWP after $30 SW purchase this week at TRU in the US.

Just now, ISDAvenger said:

It was and is.

I think they are supposed to sell whatever stock they have after the free giveaway period.

Just now, JPN366 said:

I think they are supposed to sell whatever stock they have after the free giveaway period.

I got one for free based on the $30.00 and up LSW purchase and then I was able to buy one outright.

Just now, ISDAvenger said:

I got one for free based on the $30.00 and up LSW purchase and then I was able to buy one outright.

I might try and get one this weekend.

Does anyone know if the FO General is coming to Canada?  All we got for a promo here is a FO star destroyer, which I just bought since I ordered all the sets on S@H (I was at TRU to look for hasbro figures, but they had none, looks like Canada got screwed over even worse on Force Friday this year).

1 hour ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Walmart didn't have the polybag x wing. Dud any one have luck at walmart

So for anyone else trying to figure out what the heck is going on with Walmart and FF, I think this is the full list of stores and times that the promotion will be going on:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/4ff9c6c9-af08/k2-_fc9bdfd0-8cc5-4f51-aa8a-e2b8be3680ff.v1.pdf

Be interesting to see what exactly they're giving away.  With how few stores are on that list I hope it may be difficult to get the promo.