Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

1 minute ago, jdm44 said:

Could you lmk if they have all of the RO sets and Revan? I'm about 45 minutes away from the Galleria. I really hate going to that mall though.  

I know what you mean i hate it too. Im drinkin coffee at jack in the box atm ima head there in like 15 min and oll let you know

40 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Wait really? So your orders haven't been merged before?

Nope. Most of the time the first order had probably shipped before I even placed the second one though. That won't work for short lived promos though.

Was able to order all 5 Rogue One sets on S@H.  Like with the Death Star at midnight last night, haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation but it says "in process" on the order status screen.  (I got to an "order receipt screen" though instead of an error screen like last night, so progress?)

The RO sets didn't show up as backordered, they just let me put them in the cart and buy them..

I did the order on my ipad using Safari, as opposed to my PC and Chrome.  I'm wondering if that had anything to do with my success, as when even now when I can't get to the Rogue One page at Shop@Home on the PC.

EDIT:

Okay, I can get to them - and they are all saying AVAILABLE NOW - but only by going into my order and directly linking to each set individually.  Here are the links, hope they work for you:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Krennic-s-Imperial-Shuttle-75156

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/AT-ST-Walker-75153

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Rebel-U-Wing-Fighter-75155

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/TIE-Striker-75154

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Imperial-Assault-Hovertank-75152

(No Revan, but I was lucky enough to get one last night with my DS order so no complaints.  Other than...I can't believe how much I just spent on leg :look:)

Edited by marksable

39 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

What if the reason they ran out of Revans is that a lot of people thought their order had failed and placed multiples? :laugh::laugh:

That happened to me! I only ever got one confirmation, but after a few tries i finally was able to check the order status page and they changed from In Process to In Warehouse.

Call up Customer Service, they're doing Yularen or the FO Stormie as replacements. :wink:

Edited by just2good

I called as well and was told they're out of Revan. 

Yularen is a great replacement though.  I didn't get offered him though I'll have to call back. 

More than 140,000 orders from midnight to early this morning according to their order numbers. 

For USA and Canada.

Holy shit. 

Also RIP my Visa account. :O

Edited by RetroInferno

If they didn't have a $50 minimum order amount for Revan then that was a pretty stupid oversight. 

Edited by Schneeds

3 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

If they didn't have a $50 minimum order amount for Revan then that was a pretty stupid oversight. 

They did not have a $50 minimum.  Any star wars item added revan to the cart.  Also the promo on the website also stated any star wars item.

They're still offering Yularen as a replacement.  Picked him up, I've been wanting to add a Thrawn to my DS conference room :)

4 minutes ago, droid747 said:

They did not have a $50 minimum.  Any star wars item added revan to the cart.  Also the promo on the website also stated any star wars item.

I wonder if they were trying to empty out their stock of "impulse buy" sets with this promo. Assuming there were 140,000 orders and the cheapest Star Wars sets are about $10 USD, that is at least $1,400,000 of profit in a few hours!

1 minute ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I wonder if they were trying to empty out their stock of "impulse buy" sets with this promo. Assuming there were 140,000 orders and the cheapest Star Wars sets are about $10 USD, that is at least $1,400,000 of profit in a few hours!

Except that shipping is also free.  I got a Darth Maul keychain and a Revan for $5.30 including shipping.  I can't imagine there's a ton of profit to be made there after materials for both the figures and the packaging and shipping.

But I am not complaining!

6 minutes ago, Mikeysee said:

Except that shipping is also free.  I got a Darth Maul keychain and a Revan for $5.30 including shipping.  I can't imagine there's a ton of profit to be made there after materials for both the figures and the packaging and shipping.

But I am not complaining!

Yep, I got my revan from a leia keychain.  I did order two of the Dracula plus bat halloween sets for gifts though along with leia and revan though.

26 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

I don't think it is. $50 is a pretty big order for most households. If there was a minimum order, I'd place it more at $10 or $25. Usually I have to get most polybags on the aftermarket because I can't buy $75 of Lego each time there is a promo.

Is the replacement Yularen figure supposed to show up in the cart? I can only get an appearance of the free Lavaria set for buys over $50... 

6 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Is the replacement Yularen figure supposed to show up in the cart? I can only get an appearance of the free Lavaria set for buys over $50... 

From what just2good said I gathered that you'd have to call for that.

I think you have to actually call to get it; it does shows up in my email receipt.  The person you talk to has to manually add it.