Richpepperell

Force Friday (30th September) promotions

If you read the fine print, those people at Bricklink are ripping us off! It is only valued at $4.99 :tongue:

But it is nice that they are able to redo this promo. I'm guessing they had a lot extra and need to get rid of them? I doubt they made them again, but I don't know their production cycle.

And it says current Star Wars line. Does that mean 2015 sets aren't eligible, or as long as it is on the website? Either way, I'll find out next Friday I guess.

31 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

If you read the fine print, those people at Bricklink are ripping us off! It is only valued at $4.99 :tongue:

But it is nice that they are able to redo this promo. I'm guessing they had a lot extra and need to get rid of them? I doubt they made them again, but I don't know their production cycle.

And it says current Star Wars line. Does that mean 2015 sets aren't eligible, or as long as it is on the website? Either way, I'll find out next Friday I guess.

Well, this is nothing new. People always sold Mr. Gold for about 1K, and it had an original value of $2.99. :laugh::laugh:

I know. It is interesting how they place value on an item based on their bookkeeping records, yet the actual market value is so different. I'm guessing if each figure was valued at 4.99 and was sold by itself via LEGO, they would never sell any sets.

I am just hoping my local Lego Store has them in stock on that day. I have a math test the same time the store opens so I can't go there first thing, but as soon as I am out of class I am jumping in my car and driving straight to the store! I want that Revan! :) I am already tempted to use the figure to give him an alternative head and lightsaber for a 'redeemed' version.

On 21 september 2016 at 6:56 AM, Azrielsc said:

Ah, the joy of being in the US...

*jealous* :cry_sad:

Well, I still prefer more expensive sets and worse promotions than being shot at by the police for no reason what so ever

39 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I still prefer more expensive sets and worse promotions than being shot at by the police for no reason what so ever

Lets try and keep that out of this forum, there is no need for that here.

I'm not in the US so I don't know if we are getting Revan in my region.... but there is a Force Friday event scheduled here by the local TRU store.

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

This type of talk has no place on this site.  See the Site Guidelines quoted below.

Don't be offensive to other members. We like Eurobricks to be a friendly place to discuss LEGO and won't allow posts that are intended to offend or attack. For the same reason, topics (or avatars and other expressions) about religion or politics are not welcome on Eurobricks.

Only five days guys! 

I'm highly tempted buying all the system sets, though I'm on the edge for the Striker, that thing has an atrocious MSRP in Canada...

There is a rumor going around that force friday in germany comes with a FO stormie Polybag (30602) and triple VIP points.

Dont know if this only for Germany or Europe too.

36 minutes ago, Criss said:

There is a rumor going around that force friday in germany comes with a FO stormie Polybag (30602) and triple VIP points.

Dont know if this only for Germany or Europe too.

That's interesting. It seems that Hoth Bricks, who previously reported a rumour of five(!) FO stormie polybags, has updated their article. It speaks of one polybag instead and also triple VIP points, just like you said:

Mise à jour : Cette offre ne serait plus d'actualité, une offre impliquant le polybag 30602 serait prévue, mais il n'est plus question de cinq exemplaires. On parle maintenant d'un seul polybag offert pour tout achat dans la gamme LEGO Star Wars et d'un éventuel triplement des points VIP. À suivre...

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/09/30602-first-order-stormtrooper-de-retour-force-friday/

32 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

sounds great. what % is triple VIP points? im bad at maths.

1 €/$ = 1 VIP point

100 VIP points = 5 €/$ off  --> 5% discount

3 x 5 = 15  --> 15% discount 

(and that's enough maths for today! :wink: Hope I didn't screw up on this...)

Edited by Exetrius

Triple points would be great. I can see sales of the death star increasing if triple points are on offer (that's the only way I would ever buy one, but I still won't).

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

1 €/$ = 1 VIP point

100 VIP points = 5 €/$ off  --> 5% discount

3 x 5 = 15  --> 15% discount 

(and that's enough maths for today! :wink: Hope I didn't screw up on this...)

Mind you, getting VIP points doesn't mean a discount on the thing you're buying - it's accruing points for a discount on something in the future.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Will those triple points only be on Star Wars related items, or across the board?

The rumor say it`s triple points on all Star Wars sets. But there`s nothing confirmed yet so i might be wrong.

Edited by Criss

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

So triple VIP points for Europe, exclusively, right? In the US regular VIP points apply?

Double VIP points in the U.S.

I have a question about the polybag! If I'm in Central Time, US, (TX), does the revan promotion start for me at 11pm or midnight? Also, will the rogue sets be available for me to buy on the website at 11pm or midnight? Do I have to wait until midnight to order my rogue one set and get revan? If so, Revan won't be sold out in that hour, will he? Cheers!