WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71013 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 16?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 16?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
  5. 5. Does it matter if I continue work on this traditional LEGO CMFs reviewing project even after everyone had a chance to buy in open market?

• 1 - Yes, it matters and I would like you to continue
    • 2 - Neutral, it does not matter to me
    • 3 - No, I can read it elsewhere

Awesome review as always, and coming from Denmark I cant help to laugh a bit that the designers seem to have had a bit of fun with the pirate treasure map, since when turned right (compass rose in lower right corner) the map is clearly based on real landmass and islands and the X is on the Danish island Sjælland (Zealand) just west of the capital Copenhagen :grin:

Edited by Dane

Awesome review as always, and coming from Denmark I cant help to laugh a bit that the designers seem to have had a bit of fun with the pirate treasure map, since when turned right (compass rose in lower right corner) the map is clearly based on real landmass and islands and the X is on the Danish island Sjælland (Zealand) just west of the capital Copenhagen :grin:

Wow, thanks for sharing that info, I'd never have known.

Still missing the hiker and Cyborg and Hiker from my collection and the box at the store is getting awfully small....I think I may have missed them completely >< I weep hardcore now.

Thank you so much everyone for your nice and encouraging comments. I am really glad to know that you enjoyed it and it does mean lots to me. :wub:

On point of critisism/feedback: the intro to your review is a bit to long and text heavy. Maybe change it up: the actual review first, acknoledgements later.

Noted, I tend to give my acknowledgments first as part of my formality which serve as a prelude to my review. I will trim the introduction in the future.

Updated, thanks.

Oh, and I believe the "gun" the spy is holding is actually a directional microphone for, well, spying! :wink:

Oh, hmm.. Well, that is an unique way of identifying that accessory as directional microphone for eavesdropping. I could really think that was sort of a weapon instead.

That's an incredible piece of interesting information which I could not have noticed. It certainly take a Danish geographic student to point this out. :sweet:

Great review! I was shocked to see a Series 16 box in my nearby Walmart about a month ago, and set my target on the Ice Queen and Rogue. The Ice Queen is a fantastic minifig, definitely glad to add it to the family. Unfortunately someone building a Rogue army must have gotten to the box before me, because I searched and searched. They had everything BUT Rogues. Oh well, I suppose that's what Bricklink is for. :classic:

Not sure how you can tell the Baby is a boy! ;)

and also - anyone notice the 4-9 on the cyborg torso - a slight reference to 'seven of nine' - Borg character from Star Trek: Voyager

Great review! I myself have picked up the banana guy and the rogue. Also I would like to add a suggestion for the poll: where it asks if you prefer the traditional CMF line or license line, maybe you should add a choice if you like like both.

Edited by ChiefPie

Great work! I got the Kickboxer, the Rogue, and the Ice Queen a few months ago, and my favorite two are the Rogue and Ice Queen. :wub: I call her my Snegurochka.

Wow, well spotted!

I wanted to see how close the LEGO map was to the real thing, so I created a side-by-side and it's very close!

pirate_treasure_map_s16_lego_real.jpg

I wonder if the hiker's map is a real place. Obviously, there's no track called the Greeble Trail but I can imagine that the rest might really exist.

Your review is very interesting and helpful even after I bought the whole set of 16.

I have been collecting CMFs for years. I have all the complete traditional and licensed series. How far do you think this line will go? Now with more than 300 CMFs in hand, I feel the urge to stop right here. It's becoming more than I can enjoy and they take lots of space.

Wow, well spotted!

I wanted to see how close the LEGO map was to the real thing, so I created a side-by-side and it's very close!

[snip]

I wonder if the hiker's map is a real place. Obviously, there's no track called the Greeble Trail but I can imagine that the rest might really exist.

That makes it clear for the rest of us. Thanks!

White Fang, your reviews are outstanding!

From the 3rd serie of CMF I always read your review and then I go shopping - because I know what to feel in the pack - that is the practical part.

The less practical, but no way less cool are your group photos of CMF - very clever idea.

Please continue, I am looking forward to read your CMF 17 review :wink:

This was the definitive review i was waiting for despite already having this series for some time now...thanks :sweet:

Thanks for the review! I love all of the various pictures you put together. It really makes the review fun to read!

Wow, well spotted!

Ha! That's amazing

Kudos to the designers for that easter egg

So, in this series we got references to LEGO Quatro, Wolfpack and Alpha Team

I wonder if they will be any in S17

great review White Fang, always looking forward for your reviews. Like 14/16 for this series and here are my top five:

P_20160920_231216_HDR.jpg

Edited by tornado

Thank you guys for your thoughtful comments. :sweet:

and also - anyone notice the 4-9 on the cyborg torso - a slight reference to 'seven of nine' - Borg character from Star Trek: Voyager

It isn't hard to assume the baby is a boy. I didn't notice on this reference for the Cyborg. I am assuming is something related to the designer's preference.

Great review! I myself have picked up the banana guy and the rogue. Also I would like to add a suggestion for the poll: where it asks if you prefer the traditional CMF line or license line, maybe you should add a choice if you like like both.

Sure, I can do that in my next review.

It's really nicely put up for visual comparison. Thank you.

Your review is very interesting and helpful even after I bought the whole set of 16.

I have been collecting CMFs for years. I have all the complete traditional and licensed series. How far do you think this line will go? Now with more than 300 CMFs in hand, I feel the urge to stop right here. It's becoming more than I can enjoy and they take lots of space.

You should not stop collecting. Yes, it's getting bigger but you are way ahead of the race since you got all of the earlier series. It's actually much harder for those new collectors. They will have a hard time collecting them all.

the hand of the baby stucks in the minifig hand? genious :)

That was a great idea, by my wife. :sweet:

It isn't hard to assume the baby is a boy. I didn't notice on this reference for the Cyborg. I am assuming is something related to the designer's preference.

The S9 Roller Derby Girl also has a 49 printed on her torso.

About this, the CMF Character Encyclopedia says:

The number 49 on the Roller Derby Girl's uniform is the team number of the designer's favorite baseball player

So, we can assume the S9 Roller Derby Girl and the S16 Cyborg were both created by the same designer

Edited by Robert8

The S9 Roller Derby Girl also has a 49 printed on her torso.

About this, the CMF Character Encyclopedia says:

So, we can assume the S9 Roller Derby Girl and the S16 Cyborg were both created by the same designer

Interesting inference. I vaguely recall but I am not exactly sure if this is one of Tara's favourite minifigure design for the Roller Derby Girl. If so, we may find a probable possible link for it. :tongue:

On 9/17/2016 at 11:42 AM, WhiteFang said:

Not to be confused with the 1989 Kickboxer movie, Kickboxing is a group of stand-up combat sports based on kicking and punching, historically developed from Karate, Muay Thai, Khmer Boxing, and Western boxing.

Well, I learned something today. Thanks, WF!

I have refreshed this review. Images are now back, but I missed BB code. Sigh. 

3 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Well, I learned something today. Thanks, WF!

Sure! Glad you find it useful.