The story so far:

Brickinson's trial had revealed that Major Mistaek was the evil pirate Gisberth in disguise.

And the evil pirates had kidnapped the judge's daughter, Luisa.

But where is Luisa now?

And now:

Luckily, a map was found on the body of Gisberth that disclosed the location of a secret pirate hideout not too far away from Pontelli - a place called Rockerly Cast.

Everyone assumed that Luisa would be found there.

800x534.jpg

Quickly a rescue party was assembled to free the hostage - led by the fearless Major Boothroyd - and accompanied by the Mayor of Pontelli & George and Brickinson's female first mate.

800x626.jpg

"Look, Major", the first mate whispered.

"A secret cave!"

800x481.jpg

Slowly she sneaked into the cave. ("Constant vigilance" she thought to herself)

800x556.jpg

Inside the cave, the pirates were immersed in their game of darts.

800x533.jpg

When the rescue party stormed the cave the villains surrendered immediately.

But it was then when the real trouble began: There were three hostages, not one.

800x1185.jpg

Da Pontelli moved forward, waving the portrait of Luisa.

800x481.jpg

Two of the captives were found to be kidnapped princesses (unbelievable, considering the attire), but number three turned out to be Luisa. Hooray!

800x496.jpg

Major Boothroyd and his men took the pirates to the gallows.

And where is Brickinson?

[second Speaker] Trouble at the mill, Sir.

[First Speaker] That makes me think of something. Get the Oleon Inquisition started.

Here is the Simian-Plan storyline:

1 MRCA Result April & May: Sunk and Taken by Pirates

2 Has Brickinson gone mad?

3 The End of a Pirate

4 Visiting a Pirate Island

5 A Dream Within A Dream

6 Pirate Hunter King Archibald

7 Woe is me!

8 The Black Moustache and his Green Flying Dutchman

9 ... but I have signed the contract ....

10 Now, what have we got here ...

11 The Great Escape

12 Please don't dive ....

13 The Brickinson Case

14 Island in the Sun

I tried this tile-approach for the waves and find it aesthetically pleasing, especially on the last picture. :pir-sweet:

That means you will see it over and over again in the upcoming MOCs...

C&C Welcome - have a nice weekend!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

The tile approach for the water did indeed work quite well! I also really like the entrance to the cave - looks very natural! :thumbup:

Great approach to water indeed, especially if there is only little water to be seen (like in that MOC) it is a really promising approach.

Great to see your story continued. And nice rockwork as well, by the way!

Nice cavern entry Captain !

I like the rock work and the tile approach for waves arriving on the beach is nice ! It gives the impression of calm waters.

Perhaps adding some curved slopes here and there like I did on my challenge 3 vignette concerning Father Tholeau story could be combined to your tile technique and give the impression of a more tumultuous sea shore. It's something to try, I think :)

Good job and what a rhythm you have on this story ! You've made so many builds in such small time ! Congrats !

The tile approach for the water did indeed work quite well! I also really like the entrance to the cave - looks very natural! :thumbup:

pirate_satisfied.gif Thanks - I have to disassemble many of my builds but I have kept this one as the cave just looks great. pirate_blush.gif

I am very happy about the colour scheme and overall shape.

Great approach to water indeed, especially if there is only little water to be seen (like in that MOC) it is a really promising approach.

Great to see your story continued. And nice rockwork as well, by the way!

pirate_laugh2.gif The story is writing itself pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice cavern entry Captain !

I like the rock work and the tile approach for waves arriving on the beach is nice ! It gives the impression of calm waters.

Perhaps adding some curved slopes here and there like I did on my challenge 3 vignette concerning Father Tholeau story could be combined to your tile technique and give the impression of a more tumultuous sea shore. It's something to try, I think :)

Good job and what a rhythm you have on this story ! You've made so many builds in such small time ! Congrats !

Good idea to add curved slopes. There are actually a few in there (mostly on top of the cave).

And, yes, I am rushing to tell the story. I would not like the idea of returning to this story after half a year or so.

So I am trying to have one or two story parts already shot when this is posted, while I am working on the following story parts.

As other have said, the cave entrance (and rockwork in general) is excellent! I'm glad they found Luisa ok, even if she has changed her hair style from that portrait. Where do the other ladies hail from? One looks like she may be from Oleon, but the other looks like she comes from somewhere far, far away.

Nice build. The tiled water works well with your blue backdrop. Those pirates seem to surrender too quickly for someone going to gallows. :wink:

As other have said, the cave entrance (and rockwork in general) is excellent! I'm glad they found Luisa ok, even if she has changed her hair style from that portrait. Where do the other ladies hail from? One looks like she may be from Oleon, but the other looks like she comes from somewhere far, far away.

Finding Luisa - well, the portrait seems to match the first princess. But then the judge's daughter should not wear a crown ... So it had to be number three.

Yes, one is coming from a place long time ago and far far away pir_laugh2.gif

Very Nice build, curious to the Oleander Inquisition!

pirate_laugh2.gif I think I'll leave that to Season No. 2

Nice build. The tiled water works well with your blue backdrop. Those pirates seem to surrender too quickly for someone going to gallows. :wink:

Well, if you are consumed by a game of darts, would you be ready to defend yourselves?

(With your sabers in a barrel ten yards away from you? pirate_laugh2.gif )

It is indeed a very nice cave (already bookmarked it for future reference) and i loved the 3 princesses and the portrait part! Also, the gradient tiled sea looks so retro and it turned out great!

Beautiful rockwork on the cliffs and cave. :pir-wub: And I think the water turned out well, although it almost looks too smooth for the studded sand. I like those plants scattered over the cliff face too.

The cave scene looks great, particularly the way you've shown the prisoners bound and gagged. I can believe the pirates would've been easily overtaken while playing darts; no one knows about their hideout, right? It's good to see those ladies set free, but someone really needs to find some appropriate attire for the one from far, far away. :pir-wink:

Having the next part (or two) of the story ready is a good way to keep this rolling, and must be keeping you busy. :thumbup: It's been a fun read. :classic: