ericb

LEPIN brings out Monster Fighters HAUNTED HOUSE (16007)

My Haunted House arrived today, going to take a while to build because of work until the weekend, can only do a little until then

8 hours ago, Big G said:

My Haunted House arrived today, going to take a while to build because of work until the weekend, can only do a little until then

Congrats man!!! Let me know what you think, especially since I just bought one as well. ?

Here is the Lepin Cafe Corner I purchased from AE for $58.00. Highly impressive. I used a LEGO tan baseplate instead of the weird thick baseplates that came in the kit. There was a few minor pieces missing and 1 cheese slope was deformed. Other than that very happy overall. After about 20 minutes into the build I almost forgot it wasn't an authentic LEGO kit. 

Hopefully this inserted pic isn't too large. 

14469594_10209929348728007_2250476201108805645_n.jpg?oh=00220d0d658a4f4e0c3d7ddc4985b5a2&oe=5860AD06

Captain Pirate Man, did you see the link I put up before with a Statue of Liberty set? Still a little pricey, but, cheaper then Ebay and Amazon. Not sure what brand it is, didn't say in the description.

Also, what did I miss about the base plates? These are thicker?

Thanks, Jamie

1 hour ago, jamie75 said:

Captain Pirate Man, did you see the link I put up before with a Statue of Liberty set? Still a little pricey, but, cheaper then Ebay and Amazon. Not sure what brand it is, didn't say in the description.

Thanks, Jamie

Yes I did see it, sorry I didn't respond. Nice find. I am glad to know it exists, but I am a little sceptical. This is literally the first I have heard of this.

Does anyone else have any info on it?

2 hours ago, jamie75 said:

Thanks, Jamie

Yes, the Lepin baseplates are considerably thicker than the Lego versions.  Luckily, green and tan baseplates are easy to find at Toys R' Us and other stores.

7 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Congrats man!!! Let me know what you think, especially since I just bought one as well. ?

so far I'm halfway through building the first floor and it's going together well.  Reminds me of the modulars, the winter village sets and the Mini that I've built that have no numbered bags so you're searching through everything to find that one remaining grey 2x2 tile (or whichever other piece) you need   

There have been NO clutch issues.  Somewhere, I'm not sure if it was here or another online discussion, people said 'dont buy Lepin because the pieces have an oily film on them', well I'm still waiting to find the first piece that matches that description.

My Haunted House shipped via SF Express, and what's nice is that once it cleared US Customs, it was forwarded to me via UPS Next Day Air.

Only issue so far is ONE deformed 1x6 brown tile.  Looks like it may have gotten bent when packaging the set, and I just replaced it with a 1x6 tile from our stock

26 minutes ago, Big G said:

There have been NO clutch issues.  Somewhere, I'm not sure if it was here or another online discussion, people said 'dont buy Lepin because the pieces have an oily film on them', well I'm still waiting to find the first piece that matches that description.

I also didn't notice any major clutch issues with my Cafe Corner. Only slightly on elements like 1x1 tiles and a few other small elements. The only oily film I noticed was on the "glass" for the 1x4x6 windows on the Cafe Corner. It wiped right off no problem.

Edited by Badsneaker

Wow, looks like you guys are debunking all the conspiracy speculation, on these poor quality, possibly poisonous, knock off sets. 

Great news though on the quality, it makes the price and justification all the easier. Can't wait for my Imperial Flagship to get here. It's exciting because I would never have owned one otherwise.

Oh, they need to rename this thread "knock off building sets worth it or not?"

Edited by Ltfalcon

3 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Yes I did see it, sorry I didn't respond. Nice find. I am glad to know it exists, but I am a little sceptical. This is literally the first I have heard of this.

Does anyone else have any info on it?

No problem!! Since it got buried on the previous page I wanted to make sure you saw it. I'm skeptical too, no brand name, Lepin, ect. But, I'm sure an "official" one won't be far behind.

3 hours ago, quark12000 said:

Yes, the Lepin baseplates are considerably thicker than the Lego versions.  Luckily, green and tan baseplates are easy to find at Toys R' Us and other stores.

Thanks, I plan on picking up all the retired one to catch up. So, looks like I'll be buying a few baseplates.

Thanks, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

It may be time for all the Lepin lovers to start a new site to discuss these sets. Seriously, how do you feel ok about being on a Lego fan site praising a company that is enriching itself by stealing from the very company that you wish to build products from? Lego is not at fault for making cool stuff that is no longer available. It is your fault for not buying it when it was available, or it is your fault for not being into Lego when it was available. New stuff will come around that will be better than the old stuff, re-releases will happen. It doesn't matter if you get to build some set that you missed out on. Giving money to unethical criminals and then praising them for the how well they stole from Lego is straight up lame. Shame on you guys. Find a new place to discuss this stuff please because having you legitimize thieves in order to make yourselves feel better about being cheap and lazy is starting to feel detrimental to this site.

Rant over. I don't really care what you do with your time and money, I should just stay out of the discussion but I really dislike idea theives and people who support them.

3 hours ago, tkatt said:

It may be time for all the Lepin lovers to start a new site to discuss these sets. Seriously, how do you feel ok about being on a Lego fan site praising a company that is enriching itself by stealing from the very company that you wish to build products from? Lego is not at fault for making cool stuff that is no longer available. It is your fault for not buying it when it was available, or it is your fault for not being into Lego when it was available. New stuff will come around that will be better than the old stuff, re-releases will happen. It doesn't matter if you get to build some set that you missed out on. Giving money to unethical criminals and then praising them for the how well they stole from Lego is straight up lame. Shame on you guys. Find a new place to discuss this stuff please because having you legitimize thieves in order to make yourselves feel better about being cheap and lazy is starting to feel detrimental to this site.

Rant over. I don't really care what you do with your time and money, I should just stay out of the discussion but I really dislike idea theives and people who support them.

Please do not judge people you don't know. And remind that this thread is also a warning to be cautious when you buy a loose Cafe Corner, Falcon etc.

Back to topic: A new 'Lepin Lover' has arrived!?

Bought my first Lepin. A Cafe Corner. It's on it's way and should arrive tomorrow. If this all goes OK and I'm happy with the quality I will buy a Millennium Falcon. 

6 hours ago, tkatt said:

Here's how I feel

I feel good knowing that somewhere there's a Lego scalper crying because he's realizing that people like me are telling everyone that the horror stories about ill fitting bricks are nothing more than bovine excrement

tkatt,

I really don't understand why you and people like you get so worked up over this, unless you are a reseller. I think most of us here (me for sure) would buy official Lego ones, if they were to be rereleased. So brand loyalty is not an issue, besides I've spent THOUSANDS on offical Lego products, and will probably spend thousands more. But I am NOT willing to spend thousands on a couple of sets to pad the pockets of resellers. If you want to put official sets up for sale at their original price, or even add a 20% increase isn't out of the question. Give me a link, and I'll happily take some of those sets off your hands. But as long as you are asking for a 500% or MORE increase, than you can keep yours and I'll happily take these Lepin knockoffs.

I personally do NOT support buying knockoff versions of current Leog sets. Why? Because I am loyal to Lego. I plan on buying the official Disney Castle with in the next couple of months. Lepin does indeed make a knockoff of that set as well, but I am passing on it, even though it is MUCH cheaper. Why? Because I want the official set. Same goes for EVERY Lepin set I have purchased. If I had to choose Lepin or Lego, I will pick Lego every time, and I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread would do the same. But I am NOT willing to pay the ridiculous after market prices for them, bottom line. But I am willing to pay Lego prices for sets they still offer.

5 minutes ago, Badsneaker said:

I wonder if this is something they are coming out with? 

14606344_1785879568295743_69334651239188

It sounds like it, and it's a good idea. I'm sure many will talk about the morality of doing these sets, and that is a concern. But I on the other hand feel it's a decent consolation prize for these creators. Yes they are not becoming Lego sets, but at least their creations will see a release. Maybe not as they hoped, but it IS more than Lego was willing to do with them. 

The biggest "crime" with doing rejected ideas sets is that the creators will probably NOT get any recognition, which is unfortunate. Having said that, if it were me, I would STILL be proud that my creation is getting a release, even if it NOT trough Lego, and I won't get recognition. It is STILL my set, and would be proud of that. Not AS proud as if it were a Lego release, but proud none the less.

It's actually a good idea. The blue/white modular is the international hotel MOC modular. Love to see the MOC candy shop as well. Is the one on AE also a MOC or is it created by Lepin itself. ( I highly doubt that)

I'm wondering how and if they are including instructions. I can't see how they wouldn't be. I couldn't find any instructions to the Starbucks building and its expired from the Lego Ideas website. 

I feel bad for the MOC creators and others who are now having their designs pirated overseas for no profit or recognition.  That is just wrong.  Although I do wonder how Lepin got the instructions to their sets, especially something like Barnes and Noble/Starbucks MOC that they just stole.  Sure, you could look at photos to try and figure out what bricks were used in a design, but it must be very time consuming for something that large.  

This kind of makes me wonder if we will be seeing Minas Tirith, the Natural History Museum, The Jurassic Park gate, visitor center, (insert your favorite Lego Ideas rejection here)