Sign in to follow this  
dimnico

[MOC] Death Star Trench Run - Battlefront DLC!

Hi guys, I have just finished another micro landscape in time for the Battlefront Death Star DLC.

29699084645_0ffda9320b_c.jpg

I wanted to do something different from some of the other trench run mocs I have seen and so I chose the moment Han comes to Luke's rescue and shoots down one of the tie fighters. I really like the drama in this scene and Im really happy with the way it has turned out.

29680155326_5f95f24cb2_c.jpg

29617982841_d81bf10aa0_c.jpg

The inspiration for Luke's Xwing and Vader's tie came from a post by 'BEAVeR' (http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=84301) however I really wanted to get R2 in this scene and so instead of a 1x2 white tile for the nose I went for a 1x1 and added a 1x1 blue stud to represent R2 behind the cockpit. Thanks goes to 'PRAITER YED' for the idea of using knifes as the wings cannons - I think they look really effective.

29074391053_b8c6d323e1_c.jpg

29663194126_f4eb778411_c.jpg

Originally I used BEAVeR's design for Vaders Tie but it would've meant having to paint the shields black, which I wanted to avoid and also I didn't think it looked menacing enough so I simply turned the Tie fighters wings on their side. I think Vader's Tie has a real presence in this piece now and looks like the dangerous ship that it is!

29587617642_6c14da7bfc_c.jpg

Finally for the Tie's cockpits I used an Arkenstone piece from The Hobbit sets, which almost looks as though it was specially designed for micro ties!

29698756195_0fbda87301_c.jpg

29663509656_629e58baba_c.jpg

I am really happy with this MOC and would love to get your opinions and as always any advice going forward for future MOCs!

(Also would anyone be interested in seeing the design process? I have some pictures of various stages of the builds that people might find interesting?)

Edited by dimnico

Great little build! Again so much is going on in such a small area :)

Have you modded the knives to get them "stuck" in the door handles to make the wings on the X-wings?

Great little build! Again so much is going on in such a small area :)

Have you modded the knives to get them "stuck" in the door handles to make the wings on the X-wings?

Thanks! The knifes arent modded as such but where I have tried to get them to stay attached to the 'wings' a little groove has formed (they needed a bit of force!) - to be honest they are really, really delicately balanced on - if anyone can find a better solution or different type of build for the wing cannons please do share!

This a really nice MOC! I really like micro builds, and you nailed the scene with this build!

Andy D

Yeah the mini Falcon would be a great extension for a "part two".

Just to clarify, the Falcon design is not mine, but Rogue Bantha's - I have just made a handful of modifications :)

The MF designed by Mortesv would be just right if you wanted to extend the scene a little.

DSC01560 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

That Falcon build is amazing, one of the best micro size builds ive seen, however it's 14 studs long and my scene is only 16x16! It would dwarf everything in comparison!

Saying that I might use it for something else I have in mind so thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote pictures.

That's a sweet looking MOC. Something like that would make for an awesome colab between people who could just add on sections and more ships. The exploding TIE is my favorite part.

That Falcon build is amazing, one of the best micro size builds ive seen, however it's 14 studs long and my scene is only 16x16! It would dwarf everything in comparison!

Saying that I might use it for something else I have in mind so thank you for bringing it to my attention!

The Falcon is 16 studs :)

Edited by mortesv

That's a sweet looking MOC. Something like that would make for an awesome colab between people who could just add on sections and more ships. The exploding TIE is my favorite part.

Thanks, it's my favourite part too!