Sign in to follow this  
ClassicLook

[MOC] Skull's Eye Cutter

On 9/16/2016 at 4:31 AM, ClassicLook said:

Hi,

Let me share with you my custom pirate ship. It's not actually an own creation, it's just a re-design, but I tried to build in some unique solutions, so I think it's in the right topic.

I've always been a LEGO pirate fan, but I had only small sets. For a few months I returned to this passion and I started to collect bigger sets from 1990-1994. I prefer pirates and islanders subtheme. I've gotten the Renegade Runner, and I customised it (I've shared it in the improvements topic), but it wasn't enough! pir_laugh2.gif I wanted to have a more playable ship.

I didn't have so much space and money to collect big ships like BSB or SES, but I really liked the dimensions of the 6271 Imperial Flagship, so I desided to transform it into a pirateship.

I've seen good solutions on this site (for ex. from Cherno) and they also inspired me. A wanted to keep the shape of the original ship, with a design of the SES.

The sails I've used are from RR (which are perfectly match to the 6271), completed with the main sail from SES (that's also the same size as the 6271's).

I've added five minifigs from the SES and three animals too (monkey, parrot and rat).

It's not as creative as some ships here, but I'm very satisfied with it. Here's an overview:

29652689671_70b7f56d31_b.jpgIMG_4991 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Thanks for stopped by!

Wow! this ship is very cool, i like it