Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

31 minutes ago, x105Black said:

French Bulldog, that's the reason.  Only reason I might get one.  People like the animals.

10 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The baguette for cheap?

Maybe, seems weird that it was the most bought though. I will chalk it up to chance and not the accessories though. 

30 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Maybe, seems weird that it was the most bought though. I will chalk it up to chance and not the accessories though. 

Probably a little of both, to be honest.

According to the "likes" on facebook, the top 3 minfigures from this series are:

1. Connoisseur

2. Rocket Boy

3. Corn Cob Guy

Edited by Robert8

I'd easily mark connossieur as a popular / wanted figure. You get a French bulldog (massively popular and fashionable breed these days, clever of Lego), AND a baguette. The stereotypical Frenchman is a bonus.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

According to the "likes" on facebook, the top 3 minfigures from this series are:

1. Connoisseur

2. Rocket Boy

3. Corn Cob Guy

Really? Judging from all the leftovers in the boxes at my local Walmart, the Corn Cob Guy is not very popular around these parts... As I mentioned before, the boxes here were stripped clean of the Elf Maiden and the Highwayman ... Did manage to snag a Retro Spaceman during a second pass of the boxes so I was happy about that.

6 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Really? Judging from all the leftovers in the boxes at my local Walmart, the Corn Cob Guy is not very popular around these parts... As I mentioned before, the boxes here were stripped clean of the Elf Maiden and the Highwayman ... Did manage to snag a Retro Spaceman during a second pass of the boxes so I was happy about that.

I think that has to do with LEGO heavy-packing the costume figures these past few series.

21 hours ago, x105Black said:

French Bulldog, that's the reason.  Only reason I might get one.  People like the animals.

Jeeep, personally I buy every fig with an animal I can find, the rest of the figs I want I only buy one each.

Some animals comes in sets later and are easier to get hold of, but the ones that only make an appearance in CMF will get very expensive after a while...

Finally found some. I was pressed for time, so I ended up with a duplicate Chef. Pics don't do this series justice.

The official release date is in may correct?

Meaning I most likely won't find them at my local walmart today. (Then again my local walmart is a bit slow in getting new lego)

4 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

The official release date is in may correct?

Meaning I most likely won't find them at my local walmart today. (Then again my local walmart is a bit slow in getting new lego)

May 1. Run 170512751 through brickseek inventory finder. It will at least let you know if they are in the stockroom.

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I had something great happen to me today, so I'll try to see if I can find myself a retro spaceman to commemorate it and celebrate. Wish me luck!

He was one of the ones I got today. He came out great. Good luck!

Edited by K_Tiger

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I had something great happen to me today...

No, you don't! You can't just say you had something great happen and not tell us what. Enquiring minds want to know! :wink:

Yeah, me. Post number 1234. Woohoo!

On 4/19/2017 at 11:00 PM, Loki221978 said:

take a look at these by the same person

Minifigs

That can't be a coincidence. The Rocket and Penguin guy?? Lego had to have seen these and rolled with it.

27 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

In soviet Russia, corn eats you. (I couldn't resist)

That's pretty close to what I named that pic, actually. :D

Ha, love the rocket!

Finally caved and bought a box. The website had 20% off most Lego, so I saved around $80NZD. Too good to resist.

33 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Ha, love the rocket!

Finally caved and bought a box. The website had 20% off most Lego, so I saved around $80NZD. Too good to resist.

Haha I didn't think you'd go that far! I did too on Thursday night so I'll have it Monday then can spend Anzac Day sitting down and identifying them all :)

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

He was one of the ones I got today. He came out great. Good luck!

Thanks! I ended up not finding it. I though the Walmart I went to had them, because Brickseek said they had 193, as opposed to a multiple of 60 (unlike all the other Walmarts around me). Alas, they were nowhere to be found! Maybe an error on inventory. I thought about asking them to bring them out from the back, but I was a little more pressed for time than I thought. I guess it'll have to wait for another day!

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

No, you don't! You can't just say you had something great happen and not tell us what. Enquiring minds want to know! :wink:

Yeah, me. Post number 1234. Woohoo!

Haha, well I appreciate that you used your 1234th post inquiring about the good event in my life :laugh:. I graduated one year ago and have been unemployed since because my current immigration status in the US really limits my work opportunities. I've been waiting for several months on the process of becoming a permanent resident, and I finally reached one of the last milestones to that end today. Hope that satisfies your curiosity. :grin:

12 minutes ago, Coopa182 said:

Haha I didn't think you'd go that far! I did too on Thursday night so I'll have it Monday then can spend Anzac Day sitting down and identifying them all :)

Neither did I, but for that price? Plus I want multiples of some for their parts, especially Hotdog Vendor for the trays to use in the Pizza shop, and others.

2 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Neither did I, but for that price? Plus I want multiples of some for their parts, especially Hotdog Vendor for the trays to use in the Pizza shop, and others.

For sure the Hot Dog Vendor has so many neat parts and I'm sure lots of people will be updating their MOCs with these.

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

You knew these were coming:

Evil corn looks superb. Imagine these will roam your lego streets. 

6 hours ago, 22kane said:

That can't be a coincidence. The Rocket and Penguin guy?? Lego had to have seen these and rolled with it.

Penguin Boy I'd say is just the same idea. I mean, penguins are pretty popular and well-known animals and the execution was totally different

Rocket Boy on the other hand.......

On 4/21/2017 at 6:27 PM, K_Tiger said:

You knew these were coming:

*huh* Killer Corn and Killer Rocket look awesome. :grin:

Killer corn looks great. :laugh:

I won't show it to my kids or they won't eat corn for a week.

Not sure if I am going to buy multiple minifigs for S17... it's really expensive now.