Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

Are you sure that the head isn't from the series 5 evil dwarf??

Look closely, eyes are very different.

1 hour ago, Catanas said:

I feel the way they have dealt with the highwayman is totally appropriate.

He's been hidden in the dark until the last minute, then jumps out and takes your money.

Hahaha! Literally, takes the money!

Honestly, I really like the highwayman. I like is dark color palette and twin gunmetal gray pistols, he's really a godsend for steampunk theme builders like myself. :wub: 

although I do agree that Lego could have chosen one of the more impressive figures in this series to be the mystery figure, could you imagine if they had chosen the dance instructor? Everybody would think the crazy hairpiece was some king of alien attached to her head. :tongue:

5 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Someone actually found the highwayman? Might be a fake? I don't really like it. Kind of boring.

fd9ch6m2njqy.jpg

I hope its real, that's pretty tight! 

I don't know if anyone has pointed out that the legs are dual molded black pants with dark brown boots. 

Edited by Forresto

I think it was a mistake to make the hidden figure nothing special. This thing is now going to look worse to people than it otherwise would have because it got people's expectations up. It's just a normal figure. Doesn't stand out. Heck, doesn't even seem to have anything unique about it besides a cape? It's no Mr. Gold. I know that's not what they were aiming for but I'm also pretty sure they weren't aiming to disappoint haha. 

Just now, Forresto said:

I hope its real, that's pretty tight! 

I don't know if anyone has pointed out that the legs are dual molded black pants with dark brown boots. 

It is real. The torso and legs are new too.

Just now, BrickG said:

I think it was a mistake to make the hidden figure nothing special. This thing is now going to look worse to people than it otherwise would have because it got people's expectations up. It's just a normal figure. Doesn't stand out. Heck, doesn't even seem to have anything unique about it besides a cape? It's no Mr. Gold. I know that's not what they were aiming for but I'm also pretty sure they weren't aiming to disappoint haha. 

Its a highwayman though, what were you expecting? This is pretty spot on to what they looked like.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

It is real. The torso and legs are new too.

Sweet :classic:

I... actually like it! A very good minifigure, those dual molded legs are going to be useful. Lego must be mad about this photo, I wonder if they will take it down. Well, no more mystery!

I think another you have to consider is that kids aren't going to be jumping on Lego News Sites trying to catch up on all the CMF info months before release, unlike us AFOL's. So naturally there's going to be more of an element of surprise when it comes to them.

I like the figure it could make a Me/Ashildr figure from Doctor Who and those legs could go well on Anakin.

Edited by Tariq j

12 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

and those legs could go well on Anakin.

Yes, the legs would look okay on Anakin. Lego did a pretty accurate job on his legs though. Anakin had black boots and dark brown pants. 

Edited by Franklinw1234
Inaccuracy

6 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Am I the only one that actually likes him?

Not at all.  As others have said, he's a good looking minifigure.  I don't know why LEGO wanted to hide him and surprise us, except that it fits with the character's theme.  Still, I really like the minifigure, and am even more excited about this series than I was earlier today.

4 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I can't help but with the current price incerease for the CMF, selecting a professional robber as their special character is a bit bad taste :laugh: :wink:

:laugh: You're right...  maybe it's intentional. Who knows?

In the silhouette the Highway Man seems to have some kind of shoulder accessory. But the minifig doesn't have it. I do like the printing on him. A new tricorne hat would have been a nice added touch. 

I really do believe that LEGO decided to keep this a mystery as a game for the small kids who collect CMFs. It might be annoying for us AFOLs, but I see it as a nice fussing game for children.

For me, that Highwayman is excellent! He just has so much detail and his cape is really interesting. Also cool to get flintock pistols in that dark silver metallic! 

The whole "secret character" only bugs me since we don't have any CGI pictures for him, and I'm not sure we ever will...

18 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

In the silhouette the Highway Man seems to have some kind of shoulder accessory. But the minifig doesn't have it.

It has a bandana.

Lego probably decided to make it a mystery after test screening the new figures with children, and finding that they didn't like the highwayman, and that moms were actually put off by his appearance.

I only half kid.

I'm going to need a few of those Highwaymen, I think.  Plenty of useful parts for my pirates collection.

It looks quite good, pretty much what I expected. Doesn't worth the secrecy though..what were TLG thinking?

It's funny how perception works. Most people are disappointed by the highwayman, but to me it's one of the best minifigs in the series because of his darker looks!
Is that cape that folds on his chest new? I don't recall seeing it before, but it might just be that I don't own any minifig with one yet.

Since I saw the silhouette I didn't expect anything else than what we've seen now. I mean, I couldn't see it being anything else...and when someone suggested it could have different colorways I was skeptical. The silhouette was pretty clear and being a highwayman, only dark colors would make sense so having color variations would not appeal enough.

I think the only reason TLG made it a mystery was to have people like us talking about it for weeks. Just to build some hype. You might love it or hate it, but we've all been wondering what it could be, discussing and looking forward to finally seeing the mystery unveil. So it kinda worked, didn't it?

I can totally see them doing this again, and probably with more than one minifig per series...

I quite like the figure - it is exactly what I think of when I think of a highwayman, and if I recall, I put a Highwayman on one of my lists for Itaria's guessing game so I am quite pleased. I was fortunate to miss the whole Mr. Gold debacle, so I wasn't put off by the silhouette as much as some. I have seen other blind bag products do the same thing so I took it as Lego aping the other companies rather than try to introduce something special. At any rate, he will make a nice addition to my collection ...