Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Just now, K_Tiger said:

He's the Yuppie.

This is the list I saw on Reddit. Grain of salt and all of that.

Sausage Man • Elf Girl • Butterflies Girl • Circus Strong Man • Veterinarian • Battle Dwarf • Dance Instructor • Gourmet Chef • Connoisseur • Corn Cob Man • Roman Gladiator • Rocket Boy • Professional Surfer • Retro Spaceman • Yuppie • Secret Character (Highwayman?)

Thanks! This list sounds accurate enough.

Thank you very much for these pictures, Robert8! :classic:

In the second picture you can clearly see that the mysterious character is one from the Pirates theme - either a pirate or an officer for the Imperials. (He holds two Pirates pistols and has one of these three-sides-hat on his head.)

I personally think that there is more than one in each box and that it's always the same character (so no differences in color or even design). That only the shilouette is shown on the box is imo only a merchandise trick to get people more exciting and more wanting this character and minifigs of this series at all. Well, let's see if I'm right ...

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm afraid there might be more than 1 Highwayman. 

There might be 2 or even 3 different designs, and you don't know which one you'll get because they all would have the same pieces.

Maybe one would be rarer than the other one

Because this whole "secret character" is... weird. I don't really see the point of hiding it because there wil be pictures when these hit the streets.... unless there is more than one

So if what I'm thinking is right there could be multiple different prints and colors using the same pieces? So one could be more of a pirate over a highway man for example.

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Hopefully the highwayman doesn't look cool because his price will probably be high :hmpf_bad:

Do you mean on the secondary market?

Can someone explain to me what a "highway man" is? Why would he be kept a secret in all these promos? Doesn't look like a very special or unique character judging by his silhouette. 

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Can someone explain to me what a "highway man" is? Why would he be kept a secret in all these promos? Doesn't look like a very special or unique character judging by his silhouette. 

Basically an old-timey coach robber.

As for secrecy, I don't think there'll be anything special about him, he's just here to kick off a "secret figure" trend/

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

A person who would rob travelers, particularly on the road. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highwayman

As to why the Highwayman, who knows. The inner machinations of LEGO's mind are an enigma. I think I'm gonna get a spare and make an Adam Ant figure.

13 minutes ago, Tech Artist said:

Do you mean on the secondary market?

Yes, if the one per box rumor is true. The highwayman is probably going to be in more than one box though.

Thanks for the images and descriptions.  I'm hoping the Highwayperson will be nothing more than a marketing gimmick, and look how much we're all talking about it already.  I'd say mission accomplished.

A good few must-haves here, may have to find a whole box.

12 hours ago, julesvincent said:

For that to be correct, and given that there are three full sets in a box (like always) there should be a maximum of three different "Secret Characters".

In the official pictures of Batman Series they forgot Barbaras Batsignal and Catmans legs had mixed up colors, so there is still hope for a net ;)

Not to mention the baker is missing her whisk, so who knows if a net is coming.

8 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Or maybe whitefang's review will be the key!

BINGO. His review will reveal all.

Thanks for the pics @Robert8 The minifigures look cool. My current favorite is the Gourmet Chef.

Edited by BrickFit26

You are right. Only WF knows the truth at this point!!!

Edited by Robert8

13 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

promobricks.de posted this on their facebook page. Don't know if it is legit though, just thought I share :)

Highwayman?

Probably not. I'd think that the skin colour would be yellow.

I hope there will an explanation which will justify this whole secrecy around the Highwayman. I mean something more than "it is a regular fig just like the other 15 in the series, we just wanted you to wait a few days/weeks longer". Something like the fig exists in different color scheme or something.

Are you for real???

The Highwayman is not even in the leaflet??? That's just messed up

Edited by Robert8

11 minutes ago, Yooha said:

I hope there will an explanation which will justify this whole secrecy around the Highwayman. I mean something more than "it is a regular fig just like the other 15 in the series, we just wanted you to wait a few days/weeks longer". Something like the fig exists in different color scheme or something.

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are you for real???

The Highwayman is not even in the leaflet??? That's just messed up

I agree with both, but at least the review says it's a common figure. I never bothered with Mr Gold due to how rare (and admittedly unappealing) it was.

Crazy.  Well it's nice to see some better photos in more detail.  I love the level of detail on the Elf Girl.  And this confirms the old style triangular shield.

24 minutes ago, Giac88 said:

You beat me to it!

The only figures I'm picking up are rocket boy (only three per box - real shame), Yuppie (for the hair piece) and maybe the surfer (for the sick board) or the retro spaceman. If the highway man is common, I'm not bothering with it unless it happens to be exceptionally detailed.

Nice series overall, but what's up with Highwayman? Even in review he's mysteriously absent! And not on leaflet? And most surprising is that review says he's nothing special! Does anybody understands what Leo is doing with that minifigure, why all the secrecy ?